NY - Javits - Personal Belongings Room?

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
seasidemama

New

NY - Javits - Personal Belongings Room?

Postby seasidemama » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:05 am

Few quick questions to those who know:

-- Can you bring a wallet into the exam room? (not specifically prohibited in list)
-- Are you leaving things in the personal belongings room? - I am writing the exam on a laptop and need to put the laptop bag there.
-- can you bring cigarettes & lighter/matches into the exam room or are these to be left in the personal belongings room?
-- Can the personal belongings room be accessed during the lunch break?
-- FLIP PLOPS - is there an official definition of a flip flop? I have my comfy sandals which are on a wedge heel and maybe technically a flip flop but are not noisy... this is seriously a weird rule...

Danger Zone

Platinum

Re: NY - Javits - Personal Belongings Room?

Postby Danger Zone » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:29 am

seasidemama wrote:Few quick questions to those who know:

-- Can you bring a wallet into the exam room? (not specifically prohibited in list)
-- Are you leaving things in the personal belongings room? - I am writing the exam on a laptop and need to put the laptop bag there.
-- can you bring cigarettes & lighter/matches into the exam room or are these to be left in the personal belongings room?
-- FLIP PLOPS - is there an official definition of a flip flop? I have my comfy sandals which are on a wedge heel and maybe technically a flip flop but are not noisy... this is seriously a weird rule...

- No
- Yes
- No, leave it in personal belongings room
- Yes
- Wear something else

I took the July 2015 bar at Javitz.
Last edited by Danger Zone on Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JoeySkoko

New

Postby JoeySkoko » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:39 am

Danger Zone wrote:

- No
- Yes
- Yes
- Wear something else

what about a credit card / metro card / $20 note in your pocket / ziplock bag?

Danger Zone

Platinum

Postby Danger Zone » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:52 am

I had all those things in my ziplock and it was fine
Last edited by Danger Zone on Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

seasidemama

New

Postby seasidemama » Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:14 pm

Danger Zone wrote:

- No
- Yes
- Yes
- Wear something else

Thanks!

haexam

New

Postby haexam » Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:36 pm

I think I'm coming down with a cold (worst timing ever!!). Does anyone know if I can take a pack of tissues inside the exam centre? It's not on the permitted or prohibited lists but my understanding is that anything not explicitly permitted is not allowed.

Danger Zone

Platinum

Removed

Postby Danger Zone » Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:40 pm

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum�