BarBri constantly contradicts itself Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
justtrying

New

BarBri constantly contradicts itself

Post by justtrying » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:46 pm

And it's really bothering me.

iliketurtles123

Bronze

Re: BarBri constantly contradicts itself

Post by iliketurtles123 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:09 am

Themis does too

Everything's a mess

encore1101

Silver

Post by encore1101 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:45 am

rcharter1978

Gold

Post by rcharter1978 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:32 am

justtrying wrote:And it's really bothering me.
They do, and it sucks, just try not to think too hard about it.

Itwasluck

New

Post by Itwasluck » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:31 am

Question 6 from the Con Law MBE drills.
[+] Spoiler
Facts say that private school receives free textbooks from the state. Barbri lecture says that this constitutes sufficient entanglement for state action. Answer to question 6 says there is no state action and answer just ignores the presence of the textbooks. Am I missing something? WTF??

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Itwasluck

New

Post by Itwasluck » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:08 pm

Itwasluck wrote:Question 6 from the Con Law MBE drills.
[+] Spoiler
Facts say that private school receives free textbooks from the state. Barbri lecture says that this constitutes sufficient entanglement for state action. Answer to question 6 says there is no state action and answer just ignores the presence of the textbooks. Am I missing something? WTF??
[+] Spoiler
I think its solely because this is a 1st A violation and not racial discrimination. May be wrong though

mvp99

Silver

Post by mvp99 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:14 pm

I've found that most of the time it's not so much that barbri contradicts itself but that the explanations suck. When this happens, the explanations are written for an audience that already knows the material. E.g. "it's X because Y. Therefore B, C, D are wrong." :lol: no, explain why B C D are wrong and address the wrong ideas of the examinee.

bnghle234

Bronze

Post by bnghle234 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:19 pm

mvp99 wrote:I've found that most of the time it's not so much that barbri contradicts itself but that the explanations suck. When this happens, the explanations are written for an audience that already knows the material. E.g. "it's X because Y. Therefore B, C, D are wrong." :lol: no, explain why B C D are wrong and address the wrong ideas of the examinee.
This angers me the most.

ellewoods123

Bronze

Post by ellewoods123 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:30 pm

157 on the full day. "D is not guilty of larceny because he lacked the requisite intent. the intent to deprive must exist at the time of the taking"

what. Am I crazy or is this literally the opposite of the continuing trespass rule.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ronanOgara

Gold

Post by ronanOgara » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:32 pm

ellewoods123 wrote:157 on the full day. "D is not guilty of larceny because he lacked the requisite intent. the intent to deprive must exist at the time of the taking"

what. Am I crazy or is this literally the opposite of the continuing trespass rule.
Continuing trespass rule is like the exception. If you take something and at the time you take it, you don't have the intent to deprive, it's not larceny. But if you take it and then form the intent to take it, it's larceny under continuing trespass.

learntolift

Bronze

Post by learntolift » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:39 pm

ellewoods123 wrote:157 on the full day. "D is not guilty of larceny because he lacked the requisite intent. the intent to deprive must exist at the time of the taking"

thats a legit score. i thought the full day was supposed to be pretty hard too right?

sublime

Diamond

Post by sublime » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:41 pm

learntolift wrote:

thats a legit score. i thought the full day was supposed to be pretty hard too right?

I read it that way at first too. But I think she means that was from question 157.

learntolift

Bronze

Post by learntolift » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:45 pm

sublime wrote:
learntolift wrote:

I read it that way at first too. But I think she means that was from question 157.
haha oh man my brain is fried. that reading comp though.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

ellewoods123

Bronze

Post by ellewoods123 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:55 pm

learntolift wrote:
sublime wrote:
learntolift wrote:

haha oh man my brain is fried. that reading comp though.

Oh sorry! Yes question 157 haha sorry, cannot even form sentences anymore

ballouttacontrol

Silver

Post by ballouttacontrol » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:34 pm

The only things I've personally noticed barbri toeing the line on are judge ordering a new trial, and whether or not there has been a novation

But like most barbri questions they seem to be more about getting you to understand the material than being representative of an actual mbe question, so it doesn't bother me all that much. Barbri has to write a shitload of questions and rewrite every year when there is a change so it makes sense some could slip through the cracks

The MBE writers only need to come up with 190 good questions, plus they test them ahead of time and put them through reviews and shit, so I'm kinda expecting them to avoid the rare barbri ambiguity

bnghle234

Bronze

Post by bnghle234 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:47 am

ballouttacontrol wrote:The only things I've personally noticed barbri toeing the line on are judge ordering a new trial, and whether or not there has been a novation

But like most barbri questions they seem to be more about getting you to understand the material than being representative of an actual mbe question, so it doesn't bother me all that much. Barbri has to write a shitload of questions and rewrite every year when there is a change so it makes sense some could slip through the cracks

The MBE writers only need to come up with 190 good questions, plus they test them ahead of time and put them through reviews and shit, so I'm kinda expecting them to avoid the rare barbri ambiguity
you'd think that with the amount this company charges for its course, it could hire enough people to solve this problem

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”