0lol wrote:one week to go

how ya feelin?

where ya at?

whats your plan?

KM2016

Bronze

Re: THE FINAL STRETCH

Postby KM2016 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:51 pm

My advice: Fuck Barbri and memorize. You've done enough practice MBEs, looked at enough essays to get the format down. Just memorize the law and you'll be fine.

0lol

New

Postby 0lol » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:53 pm

KM2016 wrote:My advice: Fuck Barbri and memorize. You've done enough practice MBEs, looked at enough essays to get the format down. Just memorize the law and you'll be fine.

def agree

L_William_W

Bronze

Postby L_William_W » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:21 pm

I seriously suggest that people who are taking the bar get off social media and message boards. During the final two weeks before I took the July 2015 New Jersey bar exam, I ate, slept, showered, and studied. That's it. I studied 12-14 hours a day. I was up until 2 AM half asleep doing MBE's. I cut off all communication with the outside world. I needed to be in a zone and talking to other people would only exacerbate my anxiety. I also needed to use every millisecond efficiently.

whitecollar23

Bronze

Postby whitecollar23 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:27 pm

L_William_W wrote:I seriously suggest that people who are taking the bar get off social media and message boards. During the final two weeks before I took the July 2015 New Jersey bar exam, I ate, slept, showered, and studied. That's it. I studied 12-14 hours a day. I was up until 2 AM half asleep doing MBE's. I cut off all communication with the outside world. I needed to be in a zone and talking to other people would only exacerbate my anxiety. I also needed to use every millisecond efficiently.

#burnout #burnoutsomemore #stillburnout

rcharter1978

Gold

Postby rcharter1978 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:17 am

L_William_W wrote:I seriously suggest that people who are taking the bar get off social media and message boards. During the final two weeks before I took the July 2015 New Jersey bar exam, I ate, slept, showered, and studied. That's it. I studied 12-14 hours a day. I was up until 2 AM half asleep doing MBE's. I cut off all communication with the outside world. I needed to be in a zone and talking to other people would only exacerbate my anxiety. I also needed to use every millisecond efficiently.

You were super focused and I don't blame you. I think if you can put in a good 12-14 hour day, that is awesome. Did you find diminishing returns after 8 hours or do you think you were able to put in a solid 14 hour day? Towards the end, I was happy to get in a good, solid 6-8 hours studying (some days like 4-5 TBH, a few days it was nearly nothing because I think I was getting burned out). I think more than 8 hours was just diminishing returns for me.

rcharter1978

Gold

Postby rcharter1978 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:18 am

KM2016 wrote:My advice: Fuck Barbri and memorize. You've done enough practice MBEs, looked at enough essays to get the format down. Just memorize the law and you'll be fine.

I can see that...its probably a good time for lean sheets.

L_William_W

Bronze

Postby L_William_W » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:51 am

rcharter1978 wrote:

You were super focused and I don't blame you. I think if you can put in a good 12-14 hour day, that is awesome. Did you find diminishing returns after 8 hours or do you think you were able to put in a solid 14 hour day? Towards the end, I was happy to get in a good, solid 6-8 hours studying (some days like 4-5 TBH, a few days it was nearly nothing because I think I was getting burned out). I think more than 8 hours was just diminishing returns for me.

During the last 2 weeks, I was focused on rote memorization. The last thing I wanted was to forget the difference between marital privilege and spousal immunity. My adrenaline kept me going. And since this was my 4th attempt, I was desperate since it was all or nothing. There's no way I could study 12-14 hours a day for 2 months, but in a short period of time, I was able to do so. I did the same thing when I studied for finals.
Last edited by L_William_W on Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

speed_the_loot

New

Postby speed_the_loot » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:59 pm

L_William_W wrote:
rcharter1978 wrote:

During the last 2 weeks, I was focused on rote memorization. The last thing I wanted was to forget the difference between marital privilege and spousal immunity. My adrenaline kept me going. And since this was my 4 attempt, I was desperate since it was all or nothing. There's no way I could study 12-14 hours a day for 2 months, but in a short period of time, I was able to do so. I did the same thing when I studied for finals.

No offense, but your plan would triple my anxiety, not alleviate it.

0lol

New

Postby 0lol » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:39 pm

12 hr a day?

cake.

0lol

New

Postby 0lol » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:41 pm

my goal is to feel "ready" by friday night

& then build a cusion over the wknd