MEE grading

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
alclaw10

New

MEE grading

Postby alclaw10 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:23 am

Sorry if this has been asked, but does anyone know how the MEE is graded? Specifically, if we address an answer/issue that they didn't want, will we lose points? I'm doing barbri NY and I sometimes find myself discussing things they don't (ex. just did an essay where one of the issues asked if the court had jurisdiction, I discussed PJ and SMJ and sample answer just discussed SMJ). I'm wondering if you're unsure if something applies, is it better to throw it in there or will you lose points?

whitecollar23

Bronze

Re: MEE grading

Postby whitecollar23 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:13 pm

alclaw10 wrote:Sorry if this has been asked, but does anyone know how the MEE is graded? Specifically, if we address an answer/issue that they didn't want, will we lose points? I'm doing barbri NY and I sometimes find myself discussing things they don't (ex. just did an essay where one of the issues asked if the court had jurisdiction, I discussed PJ and SMJ and sample answer just discussed SMJ). I'm wondering if you're unsure if something applies, is it better to throw it in there or will you lose points?

I'd say that's more a question of time. If you discuss something unnecessary it takes extra time. But if you add something in that's relevant but not necessary and are clear on it and the other necessary issues, too, I can't see why you'd be penalized. But if it's totally irrelevant, that may hurt, but I doubt it will hurt much if everything else is on point.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum�