July 2016 DC Bar (UBE)

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
delilah

New
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:13 am

Re: July 2016 DC Bar (UBE)

Postby delilah » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:40 am

KOPBF wrote:



DC will brag about its 20% passing rate jump for quite some time!



I loved this post.

KOPBF

New
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:09 pm

Re: July 2016 DC Bar (UBE)

Postby KOPBF » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:10 am

delilah wrote:
KOPBF wrote:



DC will brag about its 20% passing rate jump for quite some time!



I loved this post.


:D

http://abovethelaw.com/2016/11/the-unif ... isdiction/

weneedahealer

New
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:04 am

Re: July 2016 DC Bar (UBE)

Postby weneedahealer » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:30 am

KOPBF wrote:
weneedahealer wrote:Are there multiple swearing-in dates? I'm taking the MPRE this weekend and I am concerned about having my score in time for an early-December ceremony.


My friend said yes - there are multiple swearing-in dates. The early-December one has most people - a little more memorable.


Awesome, thanks for the response

delilah

New
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:13 am

Re: July 2016 DC Bar (UBE)

Postby delilah » Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:36 pm

weneedahealer wrote:
KOPBF wrote:
weneedahealer wrote:Are there multiple swearing-in dates? I'm taking the MPRE this weekend and I am concerned about having my score in time for an early-December ceremony.


My friend said yes - there are multiple swearing-in dates. The early-December one has most people - a little more memorable.


Awesome, thanks for the response



I called D.C. Committee on Admissions yesterday and asked when the admission ceremony will be around. A clerk responded, "It will be around December 9th." She emphasized the word, "around," which means it might not be held on that particular day, but around.

weneedahealer

New
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:04 am

Re: July 2016 DC Bar (UBE)

Postby weneedahealer » Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:48 pm

delilah wrote:
weneedahealer wrote:
KOPBF wrote:
weneedahealer wrote:Are there multiple swearing-in dates? I'm taking the MPRE this weekend and I am concerned about having my score in time for an early-December ceremony.


My friend said yes - there are multiple swearing-in dates. The early-December one has most people - a little more memorable.


Awesome, thanks for the response



I called D.C. Committee on Admissions yesterday and asked when the admission ceremony will be around. A clerk responded, "It will be around December 9th." She emphasized the word, "around," which means it might not be held on that particular day, but around.


Hmm thanks for the info. I suppose that means I'll be at one of the later dates. I can't imagine getting my MPRE score in time.

lawstoodent

New
Posts: 66
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:05 pm

Re: July 2016 DC Bar (UBE)

Postby lawstoodent » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:01 pm

Got my letter. Swearing-in ceremony is on December 9th @12pm.

Jaleon2000

New
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:23 pm

Re: July 2016 DC Bar (UBE)

Postby Jaleon2000 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:24 pm

Let me ask you, did the swearing-in letter come in along with the July 2016 bar results letter? Or the swearing-in date was stated in the July 2016 bar results letter? I have not received neither my July 2016 bar results letter nor the swearing-in letter. I live out-of-state. Please advise.

lawstoodent

New
Posts: 66
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:05 pm

Re: July 2016 DC Bar (UBE)

Postby lawstoodent » Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:06 pm

Jaleon2000 wrote:Let me ask you, did the swearing-in letter come in along with the July 2016 bar results letter? Or the swearing-in date was stated in the July 2016 bar results letter? I have not received neither my July 2016 bar results letter nor the swearing-in letter. I live out-of-state. Please advise.


The letter contains my bar results, stating that I was successful and provided my score for the MEE/MBE and total UBE. It also contains information relating to the swearing-in ceremony, a supplemental questionnaire, the registration statement, and registration form for the mandatory bar course. The address I used was out-of-state as well.

Lemming

New
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue May 24, 2016 11:31 am

Re: July 2016 DC Bar (UBE)

Postby Lemming » Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:48 pm

I never submitted my MPRE score to DC and got a deficiency letter in the mail. It says to include a copy of the letter they sent out with my MPRE score report. How do I do that? I thought you were just supposed to go on NCBEX website and transfer the score online.

gwcolonial24

New
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:10 pm

Re: July 2016 DC Bar (UBE)

Postby gwcolonial24 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:05 pm

lawstoodent wrote:Got my letter. Swearing-in ceremony is on December 9th @12pm.


I checked mailbox this evening. No letter yet. I'm also out-of-state.

lawstoodent

New
Posts: 66
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:05 pm

Re: July 2016 DC Bar (UBE)

Postby lawstoodent » Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:21 pm

gwcolonial24 wrote:
lawstoodent wrote:Got my letter. Swearing-in ceremony is on December 9th @12pm.


I checked mailbox this evening. No letter yet. I'm also out-of-state.


Could just be the timing of when you submitted your application?

gwcolonial24

New
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:10 pm

Re: July 2016 DC Bar (UBE)

Postby gwcolonial24 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:18 pm

lawstoodent wrote:
gwcolonial24 wrote:
lawstoodent wrote:Got my letter. Swearing-in ceremony is on December 9th @12pm.


I checked mailbox this evening. No letter yet. I'm also out-of-state.


Could just be the timing of when you submitted your application?


Submitted application around mid-April.

lawstoodent

New
Posts: 66
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:05 pm

Re: July 2016 DC Bar (UBE)

Postby lawstoodent » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:27 pm

gwcolonial24 wrote:
lawstoodent wrote:
gwcolonial24 wrote:
lawstoodent wrote:Got my letter. Swearing-in ceremony is on December 9th @12pm.


I checked mailbox this evening. No letter yet. I'm also out-of-state.


Could just be the timing of when you submitted your application?


Submitted application around mid-April.


I'm not sure then. I submitted my application the day before the deadline, which I believe was in Early May.

gwcolonial24

New
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:10 pm

Re: July 2016 DC Bar (UBE)

Postby gwcolonial24 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:14 pm

lawstoodent wrote:
gwcolonial24 wrote:
lawstoodent wrote:
gwcolonial24 wrote:
lawstoodent wrote:Got my letter. Swearing-in ceremony is on December 9th @12pm.


I checked mailbox this evening. No letter yet. I'm also out-of-state.


Could just be the timing of when you submitted your application?


Submitted application around mid-April.


I'm not sure then. I submitted my application the day before the deadline, which I believe was in Early May.


Anyone else still waiting for written results letter?

weneedahealer

New
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:04 am

Re: July 2016 DC Bar (UBE)

Postby weneedahealer » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:25 pm

gwcolonial24 wrote:
lawstoodent wrote:
gwcolonial24 wrote:
lawstoodent wrote:
gwcolonial24 wrote:
lawstoodent wrote:Got my letter. Swearing-in ceremony is on December 9th @12pm.


I checked mailbox this evening. No letter yet. I'm also out-of-state.


Could just be the timing of when you submitted your application?


Submitted application around mid-April.


I'm not sure then. I submitted my application the day before the deadline, which I believe was in Early May.


Anyone else still waiting for written results letter?


Me. Don't know if it is because they are waiting for my MPRE or something. I live in DC too.

iwannabehappy

New
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:50 am

Re: July 2016 DC Bar (UBE)

Postby iwannabehappy » Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:02 pm

Does anybody remember the MEE essay topics in chronological order?

I remember the first one was Corporations and LLC.

I forget other subjects. I am prepping for the post-exam review, and I need to remember the topics in order. I got the lowest score on the second one. What was the second one?

Please help!

lawstoodent

New
Posts: 66
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:05 pm

Re: July 2016 DC Bar (UBE)

Postby lawstoodent » Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:26 pm

iwannabehappy wrote:Does anybody remember the MEE essay topics in chronological order?

I remember the first one was Corporations and LLC.

I forget other subjects. I am prepping for the post-exam review, and I need to remember the topics in order. I got the lowest score on the second one. What was the second one?

Please help!


All the July 2016 MEE questions
http://www.ncbex.org/pdfviewer/?file=%2 ... ument%2F26

iwannabehappy

New
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:50 am

Re: July 2016 DC Bar (UBE)

Postby iwannabehappy » Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:53 pm

lawstoodent wrote:
iwannabehappy wrote:Does anybody remember the MEE essay topics in chronological order?

I remember the first one was Corporations and LLC.

I forget other subjects. I am prepping for the post-exam review, and I need to remember the topics in order. I got the lowest score on the second one. What was the second one?

Please help!


All the July 2016 MEE questions
http://www.ncbex.org/pdfviewer/?file=%2 ... ument%2F26



THANK YOU SOO MUCH!!!

gwcolonial24

New
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:10 pm

Re: July 2016 DC Bar (UBE)

Postby gwcolonial24 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:37 pm

Still waiting for my written results letter. I need it for employment purposes. I wonder if they are doing it by groups.

lawsch16

New
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:54 pm

Re: July 2016 DC Bar (UBE)

Postby lawsch16 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:59 pm

I called the D.C. courthouse on Friday and asked about my results letter and the person told me they are indeed sending them out in batches. He said we should call if they don't show up by the end of next week. (Which, c'mon. How could they possibly be moving this slow?)

gwcolonial24

New
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:10 pm

Re: July 2016 DC Bar (UBE)

Postby gwcolonial24 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:38 pm

lawsch16 wrote:I called the D.C. courthouse on Friday and asked about my results letter and the person told me they are indeed sending them out in batches. He said we should call if they don't show up by the end of next week. (Which, c'mon. How could they possibly be moving this slow?)


Thanks for the information. I really hope the rest of the letters arrive this week. I'm just tired of this waiting game.

gwcolonial24

New
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:10 pm

Re: July 2016 DC Bar (UBE)

Postby gwcolonial24 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:33 pm

lawsch16 wrote:I called the D.C. courthouse on Friday and asked about my results letter and the person told me they are indeed sending them out in batches. He said we should call if they don't show up by the end of next week. (Which, c'mon. How could they possibly be moving this slow?)


I think we (whoever is left) won't see any results letter until Saturday. Really slow process.

KOPBF

New
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:09 pm

Re: July 2016 DC Bar (UBE)

Postby KOPBF » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:17 pm

gwcolonial24 wrote:
lawsch16 wrote:I called the D.C. courthouse on Friday and asked about my results letter and the person told me they are indeed sending them out in batches. He said we should call if they don't show up by the end of next week. (Which, c'mon. How could they possibly be moving this slow?)


I think we (whoever is left) won't see any results letter until Saturday. Really slow process.


I am with you, awaiting the snail mail :shock:

User avatar
RetakeFrenzy

Silver
Posts: 599
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:41 am

Re: July 2016 DC Bar (UBE)

Postby RetakeFrenzy » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:44 pm

KOPBF wrote:
gwcolonial24 wrote:
lawsch16 wrote:I called the D.C. courthouse on Friday and asked about my results letter and the person told me they are indeed sending them out in batches. He said we should call if they don't show up by the end of next week. (Which, c'mon. How could they possibly be moving this slow?)


I think we (whoever is left) won't see any results letter until Saturday. Really slow process.


I am with you, awaiting the snail mail :shock:


Same here... :?

gwcolonial24

New
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:10 pm

Re: July 2016 DC Bar (UBE)

Postby gwcolonial24 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:51 pm

RetakeFrenzy wrote:
KOPBF wrote:
gwcolonial24 wrote:
lawsch16 wrote:I called the D.C. courthouse on Friday and asked about my results letter and the person told me they are indeed sending them out in batches. He said we should call if they don't show up by the end of next week. (Which, c'mon. How could they possibly be moving this slow?)


I think we (whoever is left) won't see any results letter until Saturday. Really slow process.


I am with you, awaiting the snail mail :shock:


Same here... :?



Glad to have company. Hopefully it won't be too much longer.



Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum�

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Findedeux and 28 guests