July 2016 DC Bar (UBE)

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
be_freckled

New
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:30 am

Re: July 2016 DC Bar (UBE)

Postby be_freckled » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:49 am

By talking to past exam takers. The pass list is posted on the website. The email would only tell you that the pass list has been posted, and that email usually hits spam.

loloolol3

New
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:08 pm

Re: July 2016 DC Bar (UBE)

Postby loloolol3 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:10 pm


KOPBF

New
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:09 pm

Re: July 2016 DC Bar (UBE)

Postby KOPBF » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:28 pm




DC will brag about its 20% passing rate jump for quite some time!

User avatar
RetakeFrenzy

Silver
Posts: 599
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:41 am

Re: July 2016 DC Bar (UBE)

Postby RetakeFrenzy » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:31 pm

Passed! So relieved :D :D :D

gwcolonial24

New
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:10 pm

Re: July 2016 DC Bar (UBE)

Postby gwcolonial24 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:32 pm



I passed!! It is very exciting. Congratulations to everyone that passed.

User avatar
Bfalcon

Bronze
Posts: 231
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:31 pm

Re: July 2016 DC Bar (UBE)

Postby Bfalcon » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:35 pm

I passed as well. Congrats to my fellow soon-to-be DC Bar admits. Thanks, TLS, for all the help over the last 4+ years!

Jaleon2000

New
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:23 pm

Re: July 2016 DC Bar (UBE)

Postby Jaleon2000 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:50 pm

I passed the DC Bar. I still can not believe it. It has been a challenging journey. All the effort and sacrifice paid off this time. Congrats to the rest of the DC bar passers. And, to those who did not, please do not give up in your dream. Prepare better and your name will appear in the next bar results!! I mean it!

delilah

New
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:13 am

Re: July 2016 DC Bar (UBE)

Postby delilah » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:17 pm

I passed D.C. bar!!!
Last edited by delilah on Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

lawstoodent

New
Posts: 66
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:05 pm

Re: July 2016 DC Bar (UBE)

Postby lawstoodent » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:42 am

Passed DC as well! :D
Anyone know if we get our MBE score? Also, any idea of when we'll get our swearing in information? I assume we'll get it by snail mail.

Jaleon2000

New
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:23 pm

Re: July 2016 DC Bar (UBE)

Postby Jaleon2000 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:39 am

They are ready to send the letters with your scores. I just spoke to them. Hopefully, the letter will include the certification procedures before your are ready for swearing-in. The application process to be admitted takes takes 8 months(it could be less) to be complete. After that time, your application is certified. And, then, you can be sworn in. Find out when your application was submitted and figure out from that point when your application will be completed and certified ready for swear in. Call them for specifics on your application.

KOPBF

New
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:09 pm

Re: July 2016 DC Bar (UBE)

Postby KOPBF » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:50 am

Jaleon2000 wrote:They are ready to send the letters with your scores. I just spoke to them. Hopefully, the letter will include the certification procedures before your are ready for swearing-in. The application process to be admitted takes takes 8 months(it could be less) to be complete. After that time, your application is certified. And, then, you can be sworn in. Find out when your application was submitted and figure out from that point when your application will be completed and certified ready for swear in. Call them for specifics on your application.


Thanks man. So everyone gets to see the score?

jwilson56

New
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:46 pm

Re: July 2016 DC Bar (UBE)

Postby jwilson56 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:05 am

You can also request your unofficial score report from the ncbex website for $25. Requested yesterday evening and got the score in my file cabinet this morning.

Jaleon2000

New
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:23 pm

Re: July 2016 DC Bar (UBE)

Postby Jaleon2000 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:41 am

I am assuming you will get to see your score once you get it. He told me that the letters with the scores in it will be sent. But, I think I may request an unofficial NCBE transcript and find out my exact score.

User avatar
RetakeFrenzy

Silver
Posts: 599
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:41 am

Re: July 2016 DC Bar (UBE)

Postby RetakeFrenzy » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:45 am

Yeah.. I want to know my score so that I can start UBE transfer applications to other jurisdictions...

be_freckled

New
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:30 am

Re: July 2016 DC Bar (UBE)

Postby be_freckled » Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:06 pm

jwilson56 wrote:You can also request your unofficial score report from the ncbex website for $25. Requested yesterday evening and got the score in my file cabinet this morning.


Did the score report include the total UBE score and a breakdown of the MPT, MEE, and MBE?

jwilson56

New
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:46 pm

Re: July 2016 DC Bar (UBE)

Postby jwilson56 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:46 pm

be_freckled wrote:
jwilson56 wrote:You can also request your unofficial score report from the ncbex website for $25. Requested yesterday evening and got the score in my file cabinet this morning.


Did the score report include the total UBE score and a breakdown of the MPT, MEE, and MBE?


No- just MBE score, written score, and total. No essay breakdown or anything.

Lemming

New
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue May 24, 2016 11:31 am

Re: July 2016 DC Bar (UBE)

Postby Lemming » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:15 pm

Jaleon2000 wrote:They are ready to send the letters with your scores. I just spoke to them. Hopefully, the letter will include the certification procedures before your are ready for swearing-in. The application process to be admitted takes takes 8 months(it could be less) to be complete. After that time, your application is certified. And, then, you can be sworn in. Find out when your application was submitted and figure out from that point when your application will be completed and certified ready for swear in. Call them for specifics on your application.


I thought one of the benefits of taking the test in DC vs waiving in was that you get sworn in almost immediately? This above the law article made it seem like it's usually only a couple weeks at most.

http://abovethelaw.com/2014/06/happy-ne ... e-the-law/

KOPBF

New
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:09 pm

Re: July 2016 DC Bar (UBE)

Postby KOPBF » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:06 pm

Lemming wrote:
Jaleon2000 wrote:They are ready to send the letters with your scores. I just spoke to them. Hopefully, the letter will include the certification procedures before your are ready for swearing-in. The application process to be admitted takes takes 8 months(it could be less) to be complete. After that time, your application is certified. And, then, you can be sworn in. Find out when your application was submitted and figure out from that point when your application will be completed and certified ready for swear in. Call them for specifics on your application.


I thought one of the benefits of taking the test in DC vs waiving in was that you get sworn in almost immediately? This above the law article made it seem like it's usually only a couple weeks at most.

http://abovethelaw.com/2014/06/happy-ne ... e-the-law/


My friend said the ceremony took place in Early December for that year she took. Isn't the date for this year December 5th?

iwannabehappy

New
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:50 am

Re: July 2016 DC Bar (UBE)

Postby iwannabehappy » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:58 am

I received my unofficial score from NCBE, and I am 7 points short...I am devastated.
I am 0.1 points short on MBE score (132.9).

I plan on going to the post-exam evaluation on 12/5. Does anyone know what happens in the post-exam evaluation? I saw notices on DC bar website regarding people who got admitted after the post-exam eval from previous years.
Do you think if I successfully petition to go above 133 on the essay portion, I have a chance to pass even though my MBE is 0.1 short? Or do I have to retake the exam?

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

ndp1234

Bronze
Posts: 408
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 12:30 pm

Re: July 2016 DC Bar (UBE)

Postby ndp1234 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:20 am

Request that your MBE be hand graded. I've heard that when people are 1 or 2 points short they've been able to find an extra point after doing that. Good luck!

Jaleon2000

New
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:23 pm

Re: July 2016 DC Bar (UBE)

Postby Jaleon2000 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:48 pm

KOPBF wrote:
Lemming wrote:
Jaleon2000 wrote:They are ready to send the letters with your scores. I just spoke to them. Hopefully, the letter will include the certification procedures before your are ready for swearing-in. The application process to be admitted takes takes 8 months(it could be less) to be complete. After that time, your application is certified. And, then, you can be sworn in. Find out when your application was submitted and figure out from that point when your application will be completed and certified ready for swear in. Call them for specifics on your application.


I thought one of the benefits of taking the test in DC vs waiving in was that you get sworn in almost immediately? This above the law article made it seem like it's usually only a couple weeks at most.

http://abovethelaw.com/2014/06/happy-ne ... e-the-law/


My friend said the ceremony took place in Early December for that year she took. Isn't the date for this year December 5th?


They are giving me conflicting advice. Now, the guy who I just spoke to tells me that DC Committee on Admissions will decide in mid-November when the swearing ceremony will take place for all of the successful applicants of July 2016. DC never stops to amaze me. I guess we have to be patient.

be_freckled

New
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:30 am

Re: July 2016 DC Bar (UBE)

Postby be_freckled » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:41 pm

iwannabehappy wrote:I received my unofficial score from NCBE, and I am 7 points short...I am devastated.
I am 0.1 points short on MBE score (132.9).

I plan on going to the post-exam evaluation on 12/5. Does anyone know what happens in the post-exam evaluation? I saw notices on DC bar website regarding people who got admitted after the post-exam eval from previous years.
Do you think if I successfully petition to go above 133 on the essay portion, I have a chance to pass even though my MBE is 0.1 short? Or do I have to retake the exam?

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:


That sucks. I'm really you have to navigate this path. Although they took down the list, 13 individuals successfully had their exams re-scored and went from failing to passing the February 2016 bar exam. In the standardized testing world that is statistically crazy and demonstrates the wild differences from grader to grader. Rule 46 governs the committee on admissions by examination: http://www.dccourts.gov/internet/docume ... pdf#page=2. It basically says what's on the cover page on the 11/1 list.

User avatar
ChocolateTruffle

Bronze
Posts: 157
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:26 am

Re: July 2016 DC Bar (UBE)

Postby ChocolateTruffle » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:52 pm

Can someone please tell me where the law school certification is supposed to be mailed to? I can't find the address anywhere!

Also, the transferred UBE and MPRE scores... Do they have to be official, meaning, do I have to pay the $25 fee to have them transferred, or can I just save a version of the score reports and upload those? Does anyone know? :)

And just one more question... IRS tax records go back only 10 years. I am in my early 30s, and Washington DC wants employment history back to the age of 21. I have had a lot of jobs, most of which I cannot remember, and the IRS won't have my old tax returns. What am I supposed to do about the jobs I cannot remember prior to 2006? Has anyone had this problem before?

Thanks!

weneedahealer

New
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:04 am

Re: July 2016 DC Bar (UBE)

Postby weneedahealer » Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:06 am

Are there multiple swearing-in dates? I'm taking the MPRE this weekend and I am concerned about having my score in time for an early-December ceremony.

KOPBF

New
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:09 pm

Re: July 2016 DC Bar (UBE)

Postby KOPBF » Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:01 am

weneedahealer wrote:Are there multiple swearing-in dates? I'm taking the MPRE this weekend and I am concerned about having my score in time for an early-December ceremony.


My friend said yes - there are multiple swearing-in dates. The early-December one has most people - a little more memorable.



Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum�

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests