gwcolonial24

New

Re: July 2016 DC Bar (UBE)

Postby gwcolonial24 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:38 am

gwcolonial24 wrote:
RetakeFrenzy wrote:
KOPBF wrote:
gwcolonial24 wrote:
lawsch16 wrote:I called the D.C. courthouse on Friday and asked about my results letter and the person told me they are indeed sending them out in batches. He said we should call if they don't show up by the end of next week. (Which, c'mon. How could they possibly be moving this slow?)

I think we (whoever is left) won't see any results letter until Saturday. Really slow process.

I am with you, awaiting the snail mail :shock:

Same here... :?

Glad to have company. Hopefully it won't be too much longer.

I called DCCA this morning to get a better estimate of when to expect results letter. I provided them with my Exam Applicant Number and the person was able to pull up my file. My results letter was mailed yesterday so I won't see it until next week. I'm assuming this timeline will apply to some of you. Also, he was able to tell me that I have met all requirements for admission (that was a plus).

RetakeFrenzy

Silver

Postby RetakeFrenzy » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:59 pm

gwcolonial24 wrote:
gwcolonial24 wrote:
RetakeFrenzy wrote:
KOPBF wrote:
gwcolonial24 wrote:
lawsch16 wrote:I called the D.C. courthouse on Friday and asked about my results letter and the person told me they are indeed sending them out in batches. He said we should call if they don't show up by the end of next week. (Which, c'mon. How could they possibly be moving this slow?)

I think we (whoever is left) won't see any results letter until Saturday. Really slow process.

I called DCCA this morning to get a better estimate of when to expect results letter. I provided them with my Exam Applicant Number and the person was able to pull up my file. My results letter was mailed yesterday so I won't see it until next week. I'm assuming this timeline will apply to some of you. Also, he was able to tell me that I have met all requirements for admission (that was a plus).

Thank you for this information :wink:

gwcolonial24

New

Postby gwcolonial24 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:26 pm

RetakeFrenzy wrote:
gwcolonial24 wrote:
gwcolonial24 wrote:
RetakeFrenzy wrote:
KOPBF wrote:
gwcolonial24 wrote:

Thank you for this information :wink:

I got my results letter today with a Dec 9th swearing in ceremony. Longer wait but same date as everyone else.

ReadyForCourt

New

Postby ReadyForCourt » Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:48 pm

Wow - there appear to be some potential issues with the scoring of the MEE and MPT for this July 2016 UBE cycle. Hearing reports from persons who went to the review session this morning that each of the six MEE essay questions and MPTs had just one grader (i.e, 1 grader per each question) for all 500+ exam takers and that there were no spot checks of the one grader's work. Kinda makes you wonder with that high of a volume if there is the potential that graders simply gave up with such a large workload. This is relevant information as I am also hearing reports that persons who got low scores on MEE questions were potentially not given proper credit as their answers appeared to have included elements of correct responses based on the "model" answers. Also hearing reports that some MEE responses have no hand graded numbers or hand graded information (how were those graded if no handwritten notes?), while other MEE response have checkmarks, hand scores, ect...seems like an audit is in order?

To top it off, DC apparently changed their rules stating that nobody can petition for a re-grade of their MEE or MPT, even when folks spoke directly with the DC Bar "Director" with specific examples of improper grading - some people thought they overheard her telling exam challengers "it will not be re-scored". Yep, that same "Director" that scolded Bar exam takers on the second day for having the audacity to let the folks at 'Above the Law' know that they were delayed over 3 hours in starting the test on the first day.

Given that 13 people successfully petitioned for the February 2016 exam - it does not look like (in my opinion) the DC's "Director" is willing to allow another embarrassment of the DC bar in showing that the DC Bar exam has issues with their grading and scoring process. Note to all those considering taking the UBE in DC in the future - consider taking it in NY or other UBE Bar authorities and just waive in your UBE score, at least those other Bar authorities appear to have effectively, efficiently, and with integrity graded and reported their exam results. From reports of misspelled names, mixed up genders, multiple letters being sent with wrong information, and the usual DC Bar "customer service", DC continues to be "Busch league" and the problem starts at the top!

And of course, this is all of my own opinion ;) Gotta be careful with the lawyers!
Last edited by ReadyForCourt on Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.

weneedahealer

New

Postby weneedahealer » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:44 pm

Does the admissions committee ever answer their phones? I swear I've never been able to reach them.

ReadyForCourt

New

Postby ReadyForCourt » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:28 pm

With the manner in which people appear to be reporting back at the almost hostile environment of today's Bar exam review - recommending that those who found inconsistent grading of their MPT and MEE start sending in tips to 'Above the Law" using their tip link (http://abovethelaw.com/send-tips/)

From what I've been hearing from a few of you regarding inconsistent scoring, I would suspect there is a potential that DC Bar folks might know they have inconsistent scoring of many of the MEE and MPT exams and are hoping nobody puts the spotlight on it....all of this in my opinion, of course ;)

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum�