Good luck on the bar! Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
ledv

New

Good luck on the bar!

Post by ledv » Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:43 pm

Last edited by ledv on Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:45 am, edited 6 times in total.

ArtistOfManliness

Silver

Re: Character and Fitness Analyst Requesting Further Info (re: alcohol)

Post by ArtistOfManliness » Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:59 pm

ledv wrote:Hello everyone,

I hope your bar studies are going well and that you are all fighting on. I submitted to the CA Bar my Character and Fitness Application this spring and am sitting for the July 2016 CA Bar in a couple of weeks. Today, I received a letter from my Moral Character Analyst who was asking for additional information such as the following: police report, docket and a detailed narrative of my relationship with alcohol and drugs (including time of first use through present, including frequency of use, amounts consumed, and settings in which I generally consumed.

Due to a prior misdemeanor for having a fake ID to buy alcohol while I was under 21 and having a prior expunged felony for possession of a controlled substance, I had already turned in the police report and docket in my original application, but will be providing them again to make sure they have it.

However, I do not know what to do with the detailed narrative (probably because of bar prep taking over my thought process). I have been on the right path since then (about 6 years ago). I drink on social occasions, thats it. Experimental marijuana use, but have not smoked it since undergrad and law school (it gives me the spins, nausea, and memory problems). What is the best way to put this into a respectable narrative to them?

The current physical and mental condition I am in right now due to bar prep is causing me to not think. Can someone help?
Why not just wait to deal with it until after the bar? (And also, your narrative isn't so secret that a caring analyst wouldn't happen upon it, FYI.)

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”