Q for retakers: how did you feel on Tue afternoon of the bar exam?

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
bobbypin

Bronze

Q for retakers: how did you feel on Tue afternoon of the bar exam?

Postby bobbypin » Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:53 am

I am trying to figure out if going to see the new Star Trek movie with my SO on Tuesday of the bar exam is a good idea. If you are a retaker, how did you feel that day?

bartaker15

New

Re: Q for retakers: how did you feel on Tue afternoon of the bar exam?

Postby bartaker15 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:37 pm

It is completely normal to feel terrible after the multiple choice section, and the real main reason is because taking 200 multiple choice questions is such an odd experience that you feel completely thrown off. In reality, you likely did very well, but because you can't possibly recall the vast majority of the questions asked, you instead focus on the questions that you spent the most time on, which tend to be the most difficult ones, and forget the ones you knew right away, leaving you questioning yourself. When I took it last summer, I came home, sat on my couch, and watched family feud until I fell asleep. I didn't call anybody else who took the exam, and put my phone on airplane mode so as to not receive (or send) any freak out texts. I think going to the movies would be a welcomed distraction for your mind, as I definitely would never, ever recommend studying the night after all those multiple choice questions. I would just advise coming to grips with the fact that you may not feel very confident afterwards. Remember, most everyone else is feeling the same way. Good luck, and enjoy the movie!

LockBox

Bronze

Postby LockBox » Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:16 pm

bartaker15 wrote:It is completely normal to feel terrible after the multiple choice section, and the real main reason is because taking 200 multiple choice questions is such an odd experience that you feel completely thrown off. In reality, you likely did very well, but because you can't possibly recall the vast majority of the questions asked, you instead focus on the questions that you spent the most time on, which tend to be the most difficult ones, and forget the ones you knew right away, leaving you questioning yourself. When I took it last summer, I came home, sat on my couch, and watched family feud until I fell asleep. I didn't call anybody else who took the exam, and put my phone on airplane mode so as to not receive (or send) any freak out texts. I think going to the movies would be a welcomed distraction for your mind, as I definitely would never, ever recommend studying the night after all those multiple choice questions. I would just advise coming to grips with the fact that you may not feel very confident afterwards. Remember, most everyone else is feeling the same way. Good luck, and enjoy the movie!

I believe the MBE portion is on wednesday - not tuesday. To the OP, I would say seeing a movie would be fine so long as you don't get to sleep too late that evening. Personally, I had a glass of wine and just relaxed. I'd say it's entirely up to you.

BVest

Platinum

Postby BVest » Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:35 pm

Personally, I used some of that time to study and other of that time to just relax. I'm not sure I'd go out to a movie though, as that would leave me feeling locked into something. Netflix would be fine though.
Last edited by BVest on Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

joeyc328

Bronze

Postby joeyc328 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:51 am

[Deleted]
Last edited by joeyc328 on Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

joeyc328

Bronze

Postby joeyc328 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:52 am

Don't do this. Eat a Good dinner (Carb Heavy; because it will help you sleep). Pour yourself a cocktail; and if you feel like you missed an MBE issue on the MEE review that issue.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum�