Is BarBri messing with me or am I getting worse?

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
justtrying

New

Is BarBri messing with me or am I getting worse?

Postby justtrying » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:58 pm

I did well on the simulated MBE and had been doing fine with practice sets. Ever since then, as I shifted into flashcard mode and whatnot, my scores have gone down. And not just by a little...by a very, very substantial amount. Specifically, these have been the set 5s for BarBri sets (Con Law and Torts). Has anyone experienced the same thing? Is it just those sets, or would anyone out there recommend changing up how I'm studying?

thegrayman

Silver

Re: Is BarBri messing with me or am I getting worse?

Postby thegrayman » Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:08 pm

The final sets are meant for you to tank so you don't get overconfident on the final stretch. Keep going, you're almost there.

I did the same, focused on flashcards and memorization for the last weeks, only did a few of the MPQ final sets and didn't let my garbage scores bother me too much.

justtrying

New

Postby justtrying » Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:20 pm

Gotcha, really appreciate the heads up. Thanks again, BarBri.

MsAvocadoPit

Bronze

Postby MsAvocadoPit » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:01 pm

if you look in the MPQ book, third page, it has a % goal for each set. This can also be found by going back to the assignment online and hitting review, there will be a list of each set and its goals. So for torts, set 5 goal was 10 out of 18: 56%. I think they are meant to be hard as a learning tool (testing our reading comprehension for tricky wording etc). So at first I was very annoyed at my 11/18, but this is part of a set, so I am right on track.

BVest

Platinum

www.top-law-schools.com

Postby BVest » Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:19 pm

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum�