Adaptibar Progress

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
ellewoods123

Bronze

Re: Adaptibar Progress

Postby ellewoods123 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:54 pm

JoeySkoko wrote:
ellewoods123 wrote:
resipsajob wrote:Note, as I have experienced firsthand, sometimes the Past Performance Table will screw with your head as well. I suspect it is owing to the adaptive-aspect of the way it spits questions at you. I have spent the last few days agonizing over this turn of events:

http://i.imgur.com/A0CzK8T.jpg

can I ask, are you using Barbri also? if so how do your stats compare? I don't know what to make of Adaptibar %s. I'm JUST at a 70% overall which is not good...but I was above 80th percentile on the Barbri Simulated MBE..its frustrating because I got to Adaptibar with the thought process of "Barbri is impossible and I'll see better scores on this"...and now Adaptibar has just caused me to doubt..I don't know why I have such a discrepancy but I feel like I don't have a sense of where I actually stand.

Im doing both.

I average 74% on Adaptibar, and got a 145 on the simulated BarBri exam. I only got about 63/100 on the Refresher though, and I am not doing the Full day final exam.

I don't think Adaptibar is as easy compared to BarBri as people say. That said the "average" is apparently 63% nationally?

agreed. 140 on the simulated and a 149 on the full day. but didn't break 70 on adaptibar so who knows. ugh what will be will be I suppose

resipsajob

New

Postby resipsajob » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:54 pm

ellewoods123 wrote:
resipsajob wrote:Note, as I have experienced firsthand, sometimes the Past Performance Table will screw with your head as well. I suspect it is owing to the adaptive-aspect of the way it spits questions at you. I have spent the last few days agonizing over this turn of events:

can I ask, are you using Barbri also? if so how do your stats compare? I don't know what to make of Adaptibar %s. I'm JUST at a 70% overall which is not good...but I was above 80th percentile on the Barbri Simulated MBE..its frustrating because I got to Adaptibar with the thought process of "Barbri is impossible and I'll see better scores on this"...and now Adaptibar has just caused me to doubt..I don't know why I have such a discrepancy but I feel like I don't have a sense of where I actually stand.

Not doing BarBri but did have access to some questions. I wasn't doing too hot on any of the practice groups, always just barely making the target score or falling a little below. That said, I didn't have access to a simulated MBE so I don't have that data point to offer.

How far in to Adaptibar are you? I found that things started to "click" for me around question 700-800. The questions have a certain rhythm and cadence to them that, I think anyway, will be helpful having been exposed to before test day. I wouldn't be worried about a 70% average on its face. I think Adaptibar says that you need 70% to be "safe" -- which would suggest, to me, that there is a bit of cushion there.

rmhco

New

Postby rmhco » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:08 pm

ellewoods123 wrote:
JoeySkoko wrote:
ellewoods123 wrote:

Im doing both.

I average 74% on Adaptibar, and got a 145 on the simulated BarBri exam. I only got about 63/100 on the Refresher though, and I am not doing the Full day final exam.

I don't think Adaptibar is as easy compared to BarBri as people say. That said the "average" is apparently 63% nationally?

agreed. 140 on the simulated and a 149 on the full day. but didn't break 70 on adaptibar so who knows. ugh what will be will be I suppose

yeah I don't think 70 on Adaptibar overall is bad ... at least I hope not, I'm at 67% overall and had been feeling fairly confident, since that's both comfortably above the average, and the average person passes the bar, and even raw that's 130-140 range.

ellewoods123

Bronze

Postby ellewoods123 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:23 pm

rmhco wrote:
ellewoods123 wrote:
JoeySkoko wrote:
ellewoods123 wrote:

Im doing both.

yeah I don't think 70 on Adaptibar overall is bad ... at least I hope not, I'm at 67% overall and had been feeling fairly confident, since that's both comfortably above the average, and the average person passes the bar, and even raw that's 130-140 range.

thanks all!! eases my nerves a bit.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum�