Adaptibar Progress Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
ellewoods123

Bronze

Re: Adaptibar Progress

Post by ellewoods123 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:54 pm

JoeySkoko wrote:
ellewoods123 wrote:
resipsajob wrote:Note, as I have experienced firsthand, sometimes the Past Performance Table will screw with your head as well. I suspect it is owing to the adaptive-aspect of the way it spits questions at you. I have spent the last few days agonizing over this turn of events:

http://i.imgur.com/A0CzK8T.jpg
can I ask, are you using Barbri also? if so how do your stats compare? I don't know what to make of Adaptibar %s. I'm JUST at a 70% overall which is not good...but I was above 80th percentile on the Barbri Simulated MBE..its frustrating because I got to Adaptibar with the thought process of "Barbri is impossible and I'll see better scores on this"...and now Adaptibar has just caused me to doubt..I don't know why I have such a discrepancy but I feel like I don't have a sense of where I actually stand.
Im doing both.

I average 74% on Adaptibar, and got a 145 on the simulated BarBri exam. I only got about 63/100 on the Refresher though, and I am not doing the Full day final exam.

I don't think Adaptibar is as easy compared to BarBri as people say. That said the "average" is apparently 63% nationally?
agreed. 140 on the simulated and a 149 on the full day. but didn't break 70 on adaptibar so who knows. ugh what will be will be I suppose

resipsajob

New

Post by resipsajob » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:54 pm

ellewoods123 wrote:
resipsajob wrote:Note, as I have experienced firsthand, sometimes the Past Performance Table will screw with your head as well. I suspect it is owing to the adaptive-aspect of the way it spits questions at you. I have spent the last few days agonizing over this turn of events:

can I ask, are you using Barbri also? if so how do your stats compare? I don't know what to make of Adaptibar %s. I'm JUST at a 70% overall which is not good...but I was above 80th percentile on the Barbri Simulated MBE..its frustrating because I got to Adaptibar with the thought process of "Barbri is impossible and I'll see better scores on this"...and now Adaptibar has just caused me to doubt..I don't know why I have such a discrepancy but I feel like I don't have a sense of where I actually stand.
Not doing BarBri but did have access to some questions. I wasn't doing too hot on any of the practice groups, always just barely making the target score or falling a little below. That said, I didn't have access to a simulated MBE so I don't have that data point to offer.

How far in to Adaptibar are you? I found that things started to "click" for me around question 700-800. The questions have a certain rhythm and cadence to them that, I think anyway, will be helpful having been exposed to before test day. I wouldn't be worried about a 70% average on its face. I think Adaptibar says that you need 70% to be "safe" -- which would suggest, to me, that there is a bit of cushion there.

rmhco

New

Post by rmhco » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:08 pm

ellewoods123 wrote:
JoeySkoko wrote:
ellewoods123 wrote:

Im doing both.

I average 74% on Adaptibar, and got a 145 on the simulated BarBri exam. I only got about 63/100 on the Refresher though, and I am not doing the Full day final exam.

I don't think Adaptibar is as easy compared to BarBri as people say. That said the "average" is apparently 63% nationally?
agreed. 140 on the simulated and a 149 on the full day. but didn't break 70 on adaptibar so who knows. ugh what will be will be I suppose
yeah I don't think 70 on Adaptibar overall is bad ... at least I hope not, I'm at 67% overall and had been feeling fairly confident, since that's both comfortably above the average, and the average person passes the bar, and even raw that's 130-140 range.

ellewoods123

Bronze

Post by ellewoods123 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:23 pm

rmhco wrote:
ellewoods123 wrote:
JoeySkoko wrote:
ellewoods123 wrote:

Im doing both.

yeah I don't think 70 on Adaptibar overall is bad ... at least I hope not, I'm at 67% overall and had been feeling fairly confident, since that's both comfortably above the average, and the average person passes the bar, and even raw that's 130-140 range.
thanks all!! eases my nerves a bit.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”