Lean Sheets? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
KM2016

Bronze

Re: Lean Sheets?

Post by KM2016 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:53 am

Startled Rabbit wrote:
BVest wrote:I had them for Texas. I was not a fan.

BTW, at least last summer you could get them for 25 if you liked their FB page.
Not a fan either. They're heavy on the short hand and I found that distracting.
They're called Lean Sheets because they keep it concise and cram a lot of information onto a few pages. If they omitted shorthand they'd be called Fat Sheets.

BVest

Platinum

Post by BVest » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:36 am

The problem with shorthand, though, is that it's often more difficult to understand and digest than simply making a slightly longer outline. I didn't end up using the leansheets and instead made my own very brief outlines for subjects that needed them.
Last edited by BVest on Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

flippy

New

Post by flippy » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:03 pm

[quote="BVest"]The problem with shorthand, though, is that it's often more difficult to understand and digest than simply making a slightly longer outline. I didn't end up using the leansheets and instead made my own very brief outlines for subjects that needed them.[/quote

I prefer the shorthand because it helps me read through the outlines faster. For example, I prefer "evid" over "evidence" because although my brain instantly recognizes them as the same thing, it takes me longer to read when it's spelled out in full. Though I agree there are a few abbreviations that are not so straightforward. Like they use "Q" to stand for Constitution. It's a little strange, but then once you know it, it's not a big deal. The shorthand makes them succinct and to the point, which I like. But, others may not.

rmhco

New

Post by rmhco » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:11 pm

flippy wrote:
BVest wrote:The problem with shorthand, though, is that it's often more difficult to understand and digest than simply making a slightly longer outline. I didn't end up using the leansheets and instead made my own very brief outlines for subjects that needed them.[/quote

I prefer the shorthand because it helps me read through the outlines faster. For example, I prefer "evid" over "evidence" because although my brain instantly recognizes them as the same thing, it takes me longer to read when it's spelled out in full. Though I agree there are a few abbreviations that are not so straightforward. Like they use "Q" to stand for Constitution. It's a little strange, but then once you know it, it's not a big deal. The shorthand makes them succinct and to the point, which I like. But, others may not.
To this end I really didn't start using them until the last 2-3 weeks of studying, and it was really helpful to me then to just help gel everything together and jog my memory. I like them, but they could've been confusing if I'd tried to rely on them heavily from the beginning.

pdwannabe

New

Post by pdwannabe » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:33 pm

they dont have state specific distinctions though, so thats annoying

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

HoneyPot

New

Post by HoneyPot » Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:02 pm

Meh, they're alright. If you go onto scribd and search through documents for "one sheet corporations", "one sheet contracts", etc., you should get some 2-3 page outlines that I found much more useful than Lean Sheets. You have to do a little digging, but I think it's worth it. I saw what looked like decent longer outlines too. It costs $8 for a day pass -- you can download as many documents as you want during that time.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”