MBE Exam-Taking Tips

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
User avatar
LionelHutzJD

Silver
Posts: 627
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:37 am

Re: MBE Exam-Taking Tips

Postby LionelHutzJD » Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:40 pm

L_William_W wrote:
whitecollar23 wrote:
L_William_W wrote:
Raiden wrote:Great thread for tips. Another one tip is predicting the answer choice after reading the fact pattern. If you have an idea of what the answer should look like, you will be less likely to be persuaded away by the bar's enticing wrong answers.


I halfway agree with this. After a while, I started noticing patterns in both the correct and incorrect answers.

I took the bar 4 times- the 4th time was the charm. I didn't finish it on attempt #1. In the second attempt, my MBE was a pathetic 118.6. In attempt #3, my MBE was a 123.2. In my last attempt, my MBE was a 130.2. That's not a high score, but since I pwned the essays, it was enough to pass.

I have a tip that may or may not work. I won't be held responsible if you use this tip and fail...

After taking the bar multiple times, I realized that there were some subjects that I was better at than others. Torts and crim were my two best subjects. Contracts, civ pro, and property were the bane of my existence. Con Law and Evidence were in between.

My strategy was to get at least 80% of the questions in crim and torts correct. I also aimed to study extra hard in con law and evidence. Those subjects are tricky, but if you do enough of them and know the rules down pat then you can get a good score in those sections. As for my three weakest subjects, I simply went through the motions of studying. i figured that if I got 60% of the questions on the exam correct then my MBE would be in the low-130's and that would be enough to pass since I was very confident in my essay writing ability.

When the exam was over, I felt very confident in torts and crim. In torts, there was only one question that confused me- it was whether a person committed conversion of chattel if they borrowed their friend's laptop with permission and inadvertently slipped on a puddle and destroyed it. In crim, I was befuddled by a question in which a person was robbed and then they chased the robber down the block and punched them. I said that it was assault since it wasn't a self-defense situation. Other than those two, I felt like I got the majority of the questions in torts and crim correct. I also felt confident in evidence and con law. As for the other three sections, I think I got only 1/3 of them correct.

The NCBE no longer releases the breakdown of your performance on each section (this is done to screw over repeaters). However, I'm pretty aware of the ratio of questions I got correct in each section.


The answer to that Tort question is that it would be a conversion, as once you commit the intentional tort of trespass to chattels, you're responsible for whatever happens to it afterward that causes conversion (I'm like 98% sure as to this). As for the Crim Law question, I'd have to look up the law or see the rest of the choices to be sure, but I'm pretty sure that I would need more facts to answer it. If he was trying to recover the property, it would likely be like a hot pursuit in a Torts context, but if he just punched him and the question asked if it was self-defense; it wasn't, as the danger had already disappeared.

Congrats on passing the bar! Must have been an incredible feeling getting your score back and being able to feel a sigh of relief!


You're correct with regards to the torts question. I had already looked up the answer after I went home on day 2. I was nervous as hell since I knew I blew that question. As for crim, I'm still unsure if I got it correct. It's a moot point, but I'm just curious.



If the friend "borrowed" the laptop wouldn't he have consented and thus no intent to trespass?

whitecollar23

Bronze
Posts: 363
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:27 pm

Re: MBE Exam-Taking Tips

Postby whitecollar23 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:45 pm

^Yeah, you're correct. I misread it. There would be no intentional tort here, given the permission. He may be liable for damages, but that would probably be a contract or negligence issue, but there wouldn't be conversion here, which requires at least the intentional act of trespass to chattels.

User avatar
LionelHutzJD

Silver
Posts: 627
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:37 am

Re: MBE Exam-Taking Tips

Postby LionelHutzJD » Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:46 pm

Ok good because you had me nervous lol

whitecollar23

Bronze
Posts: 363
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:27 pm

Re: MBE Exam-Taking Tips

Postby whitecollar23 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:53 pm

LionelHutzJD wrote:Ok good because you had me nervous lol


hahaha, sorry! Was late at night, and my brain was going dark. xD

cuse2016

New
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue May 24, 2016 7:08 pm

Re: MBE Exam-Taking Tips

Postby cuse2016 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:13 pm

whitecollar23 wrote:
joeyc328 wrote:Passed UBE in 2015. The one MBE tip I tend to give out is realizing that there is only a limited number questions that can be asked. If you do enough practice questions and realize the issue being asked you will be fine.

Also on the test if you look down and do not recognize those patterns it is probably one of the 10 not counting questions.


I wouldn't rely on this. There's always new questions to ask, and most MBE questions have not been released.

you start a thread and beg people for advice, and then tell multiple people they are wrong in their advice. and you have never even taken the bar.

whitecollar23

Bronze
Posts: 363
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:27 pm

Re: MBE Exam-Taking Tips

Postby whitecollar23 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:27 pm

cuse2016 wrote:
whitecollar23 wrote:
joeyc328 wrote:Passed UBE in 2015. The one MBE tip I tend to give out is realizing that there is only a limited number questions that can be asked. If you do enough practice questions and realize the issue being asked you will be fine.

Also on the test if you look down and do not recognize those patterns it is probably one of the 10 not counting questions.


I wouldn't rely on this. There's always new questions to ask, and most MBE questions have not been released.

you start a thread and beg people for advice, and then tell multiple people they are wrong in their advice. and you have never even taken the bar.



Ah, you seem to be confused. Let me clarify for you. I made this thread to offer people advice, and to welcome other people to offer advice, top. However, if I see someone share a piece of advice non-specific to the MBE that from my experience can often be more detrimental than beneficial, or advice that is plainly inaccurate based on released or well-known information, I am going to point that out. I don't want a thread made to help people improve their score result in hurting their score.

I hope that clears things up for you!

User avatar
rcharter1978

Gold
Posts: 4275
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:49 pm

Re: MBE Exam-Taking Tips

Postby rcharter1978 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:21 pm

whitecollar23 wrote:
cuse2016 wrote:
whitecollar23 wrote:
joeyc328 wrote:Passed UBE in 2015. The one MBE tip I tend to give out is realizing that there is only a limited number questions that can be asked. If you do enough practice questions and realize the issue being asked you will be fine.

Also on the test if you look down and do not recognize those patterns it is probably one of the 10 not counting questions.


I wouldn't rely on this. There's always new questions to ask, and most MBE questions have not been released.

you start a thread and beg people for advice, and then tell multiple people they are wrong in their advice. and you have never even taken the bar.



Ah, you seem to be confused. Let me clarify for you. I made this thread to offer people advice, and to welcome other people to offer advice, top. However, if I see someone share a piece of advice non-specific to the MBE that from my experience can often be more detrimental than beneficial, or advice that is plainly inaccurate based on released or well-known information, I am going to point that out. I don't want a thread made to help people improve their score result in hurting their score.

I hope that clears things up for you!


Well, if you haven't taken the exam than you're not really sure what would work or not work for the average student. I also think that most people can make up their own mind if a method works for them, without you pointing it out or asking for justification of the tip. Especially when it comes from someone who has successfully passed the MBE portion of the bar exam.

How much experience do you have taking the MBE if this is your first time taking the bar?

Joey has actually passed the bar by using his advice, so I don't see what the issue is with that. Saying that there are new questions doesn't mean that there aren't patterns that you can see in the released questions that would help you when you study.

Additionally since this thread is titled "MBE Exam -TAKING tips" it seems only fair that its also a tip about what to do on the day of the exam.

whitecollar23

Bronze
Posts: 363
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:27 pm

Re: MBE Exam-Taking Tips

Postby whitecollar23 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:29 pm

I didn't say that it was an awful tip. I qualified the tip, so that people could have a full picture based off which to make their decisions. I have no taken the bar exam yet, but in my practice thus far, I'm getting questions correct at a 77% clip. My advice was based specifically on MBE questions. Advice that I qualified was advice that is given for ALL standardized multiple choice exams, and since I've taken many of those, I have the background and experience to qualify such advice.

Everyone deserves to have a full picture to decide whether a piece of advice will help them. I am just ensuring that any advice posted it fully honest, as I don't want people to see advice from someone who has had success with it, and not realize that advice is often very person-specific.

And on that note, I want to qualify the first tip I shared on here:

That trick is an advanced trick, meant for use once you are having relative success on the exam. It is not meant to be used on every question, but only on questions that are close calls or when you are stuck between two enticing answer choices.

User avatar
rcharter1978

Gold
Posts: 4275
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:49 pm

Re: MBE Exam-Taking Tips

Postby rcharter1978 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:49 pm

whitecollar23 wrote:I didn't say that it was an awful tip. I qualified the tip, so that people could have a full picture based off which to make their decisions. I have no taken the bar exam yet, but in my practice thus far, I'm getting questions correct at a 77% clip. My advice was based specifically on MBE questions. Advice that I qualified was advice that is given for ALL standardized multiple choice exams, and since I've taken many of those, I have the background and experience to qualify such advice.

Everyone deserves to have a full picture to decide whether a piece of advice will help them. I am just ensuring that any advice posted it fully honest, as I don't want people to see advice from someone who has had success with it, and not realize that advice is often very person-specific.

And on that note, I want to qualify the first tip I shared on here:

That trick is an advanced trick, meant for use once you are having relative success on the exam. It is not meant to be used on every question, but only on questions that are close calls or when you are stuck between two enticing answer choices.


Yeah, but you haven't taken the ACTUAL bar exam, so you don't know what tips would really be helpful or not be helpful on exam day. Right now you don't know what you're going to see.

If you're going to offer tips about taking standardized tests in general, you should have been clear about that. But you're asking for test taking tips for the MBE. And then you're not really asking for test taking tips, you're asking for study tips, since you didn't want advice for what to do on the actual day of the exam. Joey's tip was about studying for the ACTUAL MBE, and you told people they shouldn't rely on what could be a very useful tip based on your ZERO experience taking the actual MBE.

LOL, and then you say that you want to make sure the advice is "honest?" Do you think people on here are lying about their advice. Their advice based on a test they have taken, and you have not taken? Every piece of advice is person specific, even the most general of tips will work for some and not work for others.

And since YOU have NOT taken the exam, maybe you should let people decide for themselves without your commentary, seeing as how you haven't even taken the test.

And how are you going to know if you're having "relative success on the exam" in the middle of taking the exam? Success on the exam is passing the exam/picking the right answers, you won't know if you're successful on the exam until after you get results.

Either way -- I would suggest that people put more trust in the advice of a person who has actually taken the bar exam. As they have had experience with the ACTUAL MBE.

whitecollar23

Bronze
Posts: 363
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:27 pm

Re: MBE Exam-Taking Tips

Postby whitecollar23 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:30 pm

rcharter1978 wrote:
whitecollar23 wrote:I didn't say that it was an awful tip. I qualified the tip, so that people could have a full picture based off which to make their decisions. I have no taken the bar exam yet, but in my practice thus far, I'm getting questions correct at a 77% clip. My advice was based specifically on MBE questions. Advice that I qualified was advice that is given for ALL standardized multiple choice exams, and since I've taken many of those, I have the background and experience to qualify such advice.

Everyone deserves to have a full picture to decide whether a piece of advice will help them. I am just ensuring that any advice posted it fully honest, as I don't want people to see advice from someone who has had success with it, and not realize that advice is often very person-specific.

And on that note, I want to qualify the first tip I shared on here:

That trick is an advanced trick, meant for use once you are having relative success on the exam. It is not meant to be used on every question, but only on questions that are close calls or when you are stuck between two enticing answer choices.


Yeah, but you haven't taken the ACTUAL bar exam, so you don't know what tips would really be helpful or not be helpful on exam day. Right now you don't know what you're going to see.

If you're going to offer tips about taking standardized tests in general, you should have been clear about that. But you're asking for test taking tips for the MBE. And then you're not really asking for test taking tips, you're asking for study tips, since you didn't want advice for what to do on the actual day of the exam. Joey's tip was about studying for the ACTUAL MBE, and you told people they shouldn't rely on what could be a very useful tip based on your ZERO experience taking the actual MBE.

LOL, and then you say that you want to make sure the advice is "honest?" Do you think people on here are lying about their advice. Their advice based on a test they have taken, and you have not taken? Every piece of advice is person specific, even the most general of tips will work for some and not work for others.

And since YOU have NOT taken the exam, maybe you should let people decide for themselves without your commentary, seeing as how you haven't even taken the test.

And how are you going to know if you're having "relative success on the exam" in the middle of taking the exam? Success on the exam is passing the exam/picking the right answers, you won't know if you're successful on the exam until after you get results.

Either way -- I would suggest that people put more trust in the advice of a person who has actually taken the bar exam. As they have had experience with the ACTUAL MBE.



WOW, YOU REALLY ARE SO LOST HERE THAT IT'S DISCONCERTING.

"Exam-taking tips" doesn't mean tips for specifically during the exam. Did you seriously think that? It means advice on how to answer MBE questions. I thought that was self-explanatory, but clearly it wasn't. And no, you don't need to have taken an actual MBE to be able to give advice. I've done hundreds of MBE questions, and done so very successfully, so I do have the background to share advice on how to approach answering such questions.

I understand that my tip might been too complicated for you to understand, and that's fine. But don't go around trying to say that because I haven't taken an actual MBE, I am unqualified to give advice. I don't mean to knock on people who have taken the MBE multiple times after failing, but if you took the exam multiple times before finally passing, and when you passed, it wasn't because you finally knocked the MBE portion out of the park, you actually aren't too qualified to give MBE test-taking tips.

If during your last preparation for the MBE, things finally clicked and you owned it and got 75-80% of the questions right, then great, share your tips. But taking the MBE multiple times doesn't be default mean you have the expertise to share tips.

And also, stop arguing and starting fights in a tips thread. Saying I want tips to be fully honest doesn't mean I'm calling someone dishonest. Are you serious? It simply means I want full disclosure on tips. Many of the tips posted in here are tips that actually do more harm than good for the most part. With such tips, that should be expressed. If a tip is generally helpful, it's another situation. All clear? Great!

Now let me get back to my studying, so I can continue providing advice for those who need it and won't react with needless complaining.

ballouttacontrol

Silver
Posts: 678
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:00 pm

Re: MBE Exam-Taking Tips

Postby ballouttacontrol » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:48 pm

You should retitle your thread Tips on Getting More Kaplan Review Course Questions Correct.

It's a bit misleading to say you have experience if a reader hasn't done the diligence to see you actually have none

As for pre-answering in your head, barbri recommends this and it seems to help given how often choices can easily be narrowed down to 2 just from yes/no. We'll see.

User avatar
rcharter1978

Gold
Posts: 4275
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:49 pm

Re: MBE Exam-Taking Tips

Postby rcharter1978 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:49 pm

whitecollar23 wrote:
rcharter1978 wrote:
whitecollar23 wrote:I didn't say that it was an awful tip. I qualified the tip, so that people could have a full picture based off which to make their decisions. I have no taken the bar exam yet, but in my practice thus far, I'm getting questions correct at a 77% clip. My advice was based specifically on MBE questions. Advice that I qualified was advice that is given for ALL standardized multiple choice exams, and since I've taken many of those, I have the background and experience to qualify such advice.

Everyone deserves to have a full picture to decide whether a piece of advice will help them. I am just ensuring that any advice posted it fully honest, as I don't want people to see advice from someone who has had success with it, and not realize that advice is often very person-specific.

And on that note, I want to qualify the first tip I shared on here:

That trick is an advanced trick, meant for use once you are having relative success on the exam. It is not meant to be used on every question, but only on questions that are close calls or when you are stuck between two enticing answer choices.


Yeah, but you haven't taken the ACTUAL bar exam, so you don't know what tips would really be helpful or not be helpful on exam day. Right now you don't know what you're going to see.

If you're going to offer tips about taking standardized tests in general, you should have been clear about that. But you're asking for test taking tips for the MBE. And then you're not really asking for test taking tips, you're asking for study tips, since you didn't want advice for what to do on the actual day of the exam. Joey's tip was about studying for the ACTUAL MBE, and you told people they shouldn't rely on what could be a very useful tip based on your ZERO experience taking the actual MBE.

LOL, and then you say that you want to make sure the advice is "honest?" Do you think people on here are lying about their advice. Their advice based on a test they have taken, and you have not taken? Every piece of advice is person specific, even the most general of tips will work for some and not work for others.

And since YOU have NOT taken the exam, maybe you should let people decide for themselves without your commentary, seeing as how you haven't even taken the test.

And how are you going to know if you're having "relative success on the exam" in the middle of taking the exam? Success on the exam is passing the exam/picking the right answers, you won't know if you're successful on the exam until after you get results.

Either way -- I would suggest that people put more trust in the advice of a person who has actually taken the bar exam. As they have had experience with the ACTUAL MBE.



WOW, YOU REALLY ARE SO LOST HERE THAT IT'S DISCONCERTING.

"Exam-taking tips" doesn't mean tips for specifically during the exam. Did you seriously think that? It means advice on how to answer MBE questions. I thought that was self-explanatory, but clearly it wasn't. And no, you don't need to have taken an actual MBE to be able to give advice. I've done hundreds of MBE questions, and done so very successfully, so I do have the background to share advice on how to approach answering such questions.

I understand that my tip might been too complicated for you to understand, and that's fine. But don't go around trying to say that because I haven't taken an actual MBE, I am unqualified to give advice. I don't mean to knock on people who have taken the MBE multiple times after failing, but if you took the exam multiple times before finally passing, and when you passed, it wasn't because you finally knocked the MBE portion out of the park, you actually aren't too qualified to give MBE test-taking tips.

If during your last preparation for the MBE, things finally clicked and you owned it and got 75-80% of the questions right, then great, share your tips. But taking the MBE multiple times doesn't be default mean you have the expertise to share tips.

And also, stop arguing and starting fights in a tips thread. Saying I want tips to be fully honest doesn't mean I'm calling someone dishonest. Are you serious? It simply means I want full disclosure on tips. Many of the tips posted in here are tips that actually do more harm than good for the most part. With such tips, that should be expressed. If a tip is generally helpful, it's another situation. All clear? Great!

Now let me get back to my studying, so I can continue providing advice for those who need it and won't react with needless complaining.


Yes, you are TAKING the exam when you are in the room TAKING the exam, so EXAM -TAKING TIPS would be tips for studying for the exam and while you are TAKING the exam. Maybe you don't have a good grasp of the English language, and you should work on that in preparation for the bar exam.

Your "advice" as someone who hasn't taken the actual exam...is literally the most useless advice out of any advice given on the topic. Your point of view is the most worthless point of view because you have no experience taking the actual exam so you don't know what its like to have taken it and therefore your point of view as to what would be helpful in taking the exam is severely limited by the fact that you HAVEN'T TAKEN THE TEST.

Don't flatter yourself by trying to characterize your tip as "too complicated" for anyone to understand. Its pretty straightforward but is based on NOTHING MORE than you taking various standardized tests which are not the actual test that you are seeking tips for. You are the least qualified person to give advice on the MBE because you haven't taken it. I would say it another 5 times, because its true.

Anyone who has taken and passed the MBE portion of the exam is far more qualified to give advice than you because they have taken the test. And I would point out that a person who has been unsuccessful and then successful is just as qualified because they know from FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE with the MBE, what works and what doesn't work. That is experience that you do not have.

LOL, you're the one arguing. When you imply that tips are not honest, you are saying that they are dishonest. Here is full disclosure - YOU have not taking an MBE, and therefore you are less qualified to give any advice or "qualify" any advice than a person who has. If a person wants to know the basis for a tip that someone is giving, they can ask them to qualify it. No one really needs you policing advice, when you haven't taken the exam.

LOL - you have no idea if a tip is going to do more harm than good on the MBE, BECAUSE YOU HAVEN'T TAKEN THE MBE.

You got it? Is it clear? Good.

LOL at your idea that you studying for the bar exam somehow puts you in a unique position to determine what tips will and won't be helpful for taking an exam you've never, ever taken.

whitecollar23

Bronze
Posts: 363
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:27 pm

Re: MBE Exam-Taking Tips

Postby whitecollar23 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:13 pm

You sound like you're arguing with yourself. Stop.

I created this thread and explained to you its purpose, yet you're still arguing about its purpose based on your interpretation of an ambiguous title. It's no longer ambiguous once explained.

And since you're still struggling to comprehend, I'll explain it to you one last time. My advice is based on MBE questions, not random exams. Go strawman someone else. Here, it's childish.

The end. I hope things make sense for you now. If not, ask a friend to explain things to you, as I'm done trying.

ballouttacontrol

Silver
Posts: 678
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:00 pm

Re: MBE Exam-Taking Tips

Postby ballouttacontrol » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:29 pm

Kaplan questions aren't MBE questions. This isn't the LSAT where all the real questions get released. HTH.

whitecollar23

Bronze
Posts: 363
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:27 pm

Re: MBE Exam-Taking Tips

Postby whitecollar23 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:41 pm

ballouttacontrol wrote:Kaplan questions aren't MBE questions. This isn't the LSAT where all the real questions get released. HTH.


Seen real questions, too. They tend to be easier, fwiw.

User avatar
rcharter1978

Gold
Posts: 4275
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:49 pm

Re: MBE Exam-Taking Tips

Postby rcharter1978 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:29 pm

whitecollar23 wrote:You sound like you're arguing with yourself. Stop.

I created this thread and explained to you its purpose, yet you're still arguing about its purpose based on your interpretation of an ambiguous title. It's no longer ambiguous once explained.

And since you're still struggling to comprehend, I'll explain it to you one last time. My advice is based on MBE questions, not random exams. Go strawman someone else. Here, it's childish.

The end. I hope things make sense for you now. If not, ask a friend to explain things to you, as I'm done trying.


I'm not arguing with myself, and frankly I'm not even arguing with you. I'm telling you the truth, which is that you are the least qualified person on this board to give advice on taking the MBE.

You created this thread, titled it, and are getting advice from people who are far more qualified to give it than you are. LOL at the idea that people can't give advice on this thread unless it meets your specification. Since you appear to know everything there is about taking the MBE based on having never taken it I can't imagine why you created this thread at all. Oh wait.....it was to share your volumes of useless advice based on having never taken the MBE portion of the bar exam.

LOL, you have not taken the MBE exam, so your "advice" is not based on the MBE, as you've said before your advice is general standardized test taking advice. That is exactly what you said.

You don't make any sense because you keep contradicting yourself, and because you are in no position to offer advice on taking the MBE since you've never taken the MBE.

You're a joke -- but here is a helpful hint for everyone else -- take a look at the advice offered by people who have actually taken the bar exam. If you think it'll work for you...use it. But don't listen to some random guy who thinks he is an expert on the MBE in spite of having never actually taken the MBE.

ClubberLang

Bronze
Posts: 289
Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 11:34 am

Re: MBE Exam-Taking Tips

Postby ClubberLang » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:40 pm

OP is clearly qualified to comment on the quality of advice. He is answering fake questions right at a 77% clip and has done well on other standardized tests. That is good enough for me.

User avatar
rcharter1978

Gold
Posts: 4275
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:49 pm

Re: MBE Exam-Taking Tips

Postby rcharter1978 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:49 pm

ClubberLang wrote:OP is clearly qualified to comment on the quality of advice. He is answering fake questions right at a 77% clip and has done well on other standardized tests. That is good enough for me.


clearly :roll:

whitecollar23

Bronze
Posts: 363
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:27 pm

Re: MBE Exam-Taking Tips

Postby whitecollar23 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:55 pm

Seriously. Stop attributing statements to me that I never said. Keep your poor reading comprehension to yourself. My advice is based on MBE questions, and I specifically said it wasn't based on other standardized tests.

Keep your trolling to your own home.

whitecollar23

Bronze
Posts: 363
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:27 pm

Re: MBE Exam-Taking Tips

Postby whitecollar23 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:56 pm

But you're right. You guys should really be taking advice from people who failed the exam three times and finally just barely passed on their fourth try, thanks not to their MBE score, but to their essays.

Good luck!

User avatar
rcharter1978

Gold
Posts: 4275
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:49 pm

Re: MBE Exam-Taking Tips

Postby rcharter1978 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:58 pm

whitecollar23 wrote:I didn't say that it was an awful tip. I qualified the tip, so that people could have a full picture based off which to make their decisions. I have no taken the bar exam yet, but in my practice thus far, I'm getting questions correct at a 77% clip. My advice was based specifically on MBE questions. Advice that I qualified was advice that is given for ALL standardized multiple choice exams, and since I've taken many of those, I have the background and experience to qualify such advice.



whitecollar23 wrote:Seriously. Stop attributing statements to me that I never said. Keep your poor reading comprehension to yourself. My advice is based on MBE questions, and I specifically said it wasn't based on other standardized tests.

Keep your trolling to your own home.



LOL....what was that you were saying?

User avatar
rcharter1978

Gold
Posts: 4275
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:49 pm

Re: MBE Exam-Taking Tips

Postby rcharter1978 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:05 pm

whitecollar23 wrote:But you're right. You guys should really be taking advice from people who failed the exam three times and finally just barely passed on their fourth try, thanks not to their MBE score, but to their essays.

Good luck!


Actually a person would be FAR better off taking advice from the person you described above than taking any advice from you.

Because that person has actually taken the MBE multiple times and therefore knows what works and what doesn't work. They have experience with the ACTUAL test, whereas you do not. That person is more likely to have applied a variety of test taking techniques to the ACTUAL MBE and so they know what works and what doesn't work.

LOL at the idea that you think you know why anyone passed or didn't passed or what their passing score was based on.

whitecollar23

Bronze
Posts: 363
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:27 pm

Re: MBE Exam-Taking Tips

Postby whitecollar23 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:24 pm

Oh, I don't think I know anything about their scores in passing. I only know what they share. Not gonna respond to anything else you've said b/c I've given up on explaining the same concepts repeatedly to someone who just fails to comprehend.

User avatar
rcharter1978

Gold
Posts: 4275
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:49 pm

Re: MBE Exam-Taking Tips

Postby rcharter1978 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:20 am

whitecollar23 wrote:Oh, I don't think I know anything about their scores in passing. I only know what they share. Not gonna respond to anything else you've said b/c I've given up on explaining the same concepts repeatedly to someone who just fails to comprehend.


You explaining the same concepts = you contradicting yourself and talking out of your ass.

User avatar
sublime

Diamond
Posts: 17386
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:21 pm

Re: MBE Exam-Taking Tips

Postby sublime » Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:34 am

OP and everybody. Chill the fuck out. I don't want to lock this thread because it could be useful, but if it continues to be just bullshit I am going to lock it.



Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum�

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests