Indiana Bar Prep - Behind Schedule

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
hauki90

New

Indiana Bar Prep - Behind Schedule

Postby hauki90 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:51 am

Hey guys,

I am taking the Indiana Bar in July and for those that have taken it in the past how feasible is it to prep for it within the next 5 weeks? I am taking Barbri but haven't taken it too seriously until the past week or so. Also, I have focused mainly on the MBE topics and haven't given much attention to the state topics for the MEE as they are only worth 30% and the MBE is 50% and the MPT 20%.

At this point I feel overwhelmed with the amount of information. Any tips or advice for passing the Indiana Bar would be greatly appreciated thanks!

joeyc328

Bronze

Re: Indiana Bar Prep - Behind Schedule

Postby joeyc328 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:07 am

Are you using a bar prep?

ballouttacontrol

Silver

Postby ballouttacontrol » Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:51 pm

I'm in about the same place as you. We're not really that begind though, I'm just plowing through barbri doing 1.5 to 2 days worth of material per day. Should be totally caught up by the time July rolls around

hauki90

New

Postby hauki90 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:57 pm

Yea I am doing Barbri but don't know how useful the lectures and exercises have been. I can't seem to retain the information and already feel like I'm so far behind.

Should I just devote most of my time to doing practice MBE questions?

joeyc328

Bronze

Postby joeyc328 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:07 pm

hauki90 wrote:Yea I am doing Barbri but don't know how useful the lectures and exercises have been. I can't seem to retain the information and already feel like I'm so far behind.

If you do not find them helpful do not do it. I would do MBE questions and then still do the videos on Essay writing and the MEE topics you did not take a class in.

I would also work on timing. 17 questions every 30 minutes is key.

hauki90

New

Postby hauki90 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:45 pm

joeyc328 wrote:
hauki90 wrote:Yea I am doing Barbri but don't know how useful the lectures and exercises have been. I can't seem to retain the information and already feel like I'm so far behind.

If you do not find them helpful do not do it. I would do MBE questions and then still do the videos on Essay writing and the MEE topics you did not take a class in.

I would also work on timing. 17 questions every 30 minutes is key.

Yea I think I've abandoned following the % at the top of the page, it's not worth my time neither are the AMP exercises which see if you can fill in a sentence.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum�