Discount Codes for Bar Prep Materials

Chris_H

Re: Discount Codes for Bar Prep Materials

Postby Chris_H » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:32 pm

HI all --

We're now offering 15% off our MBE study tool (retail price $199), which has over 1,100 NCBE-licensed MBE questions, answers, and answer explanations. Our MEE study tool (which has 267 MEE questions, model answers, and a weighted grading guide) is still 25% off with any purchase.

The coupon code is: WMIN-Y8DF-O705-BSPR , and will work until August 1, 2018.

Try out our tools here --> http://www.esqyr.com/testdrive . Esqyr's study tools are great way to affordably supplement your current bar studying (many big bar programs lack real NCBE materials). We've helped hundreds of students and school bar prep programs across the country.

We continue to donate 15% of our profits (http://www.esqyr.com/esqyr-announces-do ... recipient/) on all student sales to Law School Transparency and to students who cannot afford anything.

vodka4milk

Postby vodka4milk » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:30 pm

Nope

armyofficerwife85

Postby armyofficerwife85 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:36 am

nope

S0M21L

Postby S0M21L » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:25 am

BARMAX - NEW YEAR'S SALE- SAVE 20% -THIS WEEKEND ONLY - Use code NY2018 at checkout

law9871

Postby law9871 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:50 am

Save $10 off Critical Pass Flashcards http://criticalpass.refr.cc/2017JULYBAR

I used critical pass when studying for the UBE and they saved my life and I passed on my first try. I definitely would recommend these flashcards, they help you hammer down the black letter law which is exactly what the bar tests on.

studying4bar

Postby studying4bar » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:17 pm

S0M21L wrote:BARMAX - NEW YEAR'S SALE- SAVE 20% -THIS WEEKEND ONLY - Use code NY2018 at checkout

I am very leery of this company, and have yet to find someone who used them. However, their bar passage rates are either incorrect or very outdated; the course sounds like it is more convenient and preferable on a mobile device but they require an apple device, which you can buy from them if you lack one but that just builds on the cost. If I recall correctly, they also only offer 2 graded essays in their main program - they have a lot of extra addons you can buy but that just jacks the price up more. I also know that they make an assertion about other bar companies pass rates that is untrue - I was a student rep for one of the major companies during law school and they post 3 different pass rates, whereas Barmax contends that other companies manipulate their pass rates...all of which is ironic, given that their pass rates are either outdated or relatively unimpressive if based on the Bar Passage stats per jurisdiction that they currently have up. Finally, I find it a bit of a head scratcher that the founder/CEO started the company in 2009 but did not graduate until 2010 - so for me, I wonder: how can this company's methodology and content have been developed when the CEO had yet to even graduate when it was purportedly started? I also find the constant emphasis on its roots being in/staff being related to Harvard a bit. It comes off elitist and just because a lecturer is from Harvard does not mean they are going to explain things in a way you personally understand them or that they are even a good lecturer. I had professors in law school that went to Yale or Harvard who were brilliant but also poor communicators and subsequently not the best professors when it came to understanding/applying/grades/etc.. Just my 2 cents.

ubebarstudying

Postby ubebarstudying » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:43 pm

If the holidays derailed your studying, fret not!

Discount code for critical pass: http://criticalpass.refr.cc/ubestudying (own the MBE)

Discount code for Studicata: UBESTUDYING (comprehensive review at https://blockbusterblawg.com/2017/12/18 ... ct-review/ )

Free Visual Aid study materials (more to come): https://blockbusterblawg.com/our-study-materials/

ubebarstudying

Postby ubebarstudying » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:52 pm

For people doing this whole adaptibar trading thing... all I am going to say is you should not be, because it violates the terms of service for that program because it is meant for friends and family only because it is a commission program, and since everyone here is either prospective or current attorney it would probably be best to abide by those terms..

akumar26

Re:

Postby akumar26 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:06 pm

Last edited by akumar26 on Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.

A. Nony Mouse

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:33 am

ubebarstudying wrote:For people doing this whole adaptibar trading thing... all I am going to say is you should not be, because it violates the terms of service for that program because it is meant for friends and family only because it is a commission program, and since everyone here is either prospective or current attorney it would probably be best to abide by those terms..

Does Adaptibar define "friends" restrictively enough that people you meet on the internet don't count? The materials I found on the web didn't provide any definition so I can't imagine they mind the referrals being widely used.

a male human

Postby a male human » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:46 pm

A. Nony Mouse wrote:
ubebarstudying wrote:For people doing this whole adaptibar trading thing... all I am going to say is you should not be, because it violates the terms of service for that program because it is meant for friends and family only because it is a commission program, and since everyone here is either prospective or current attorney it would probably be best to abide by those terms..

Does Adaptibar define "friends" restrictively enough that people you meet on the internet don't count? The materials I found on the web didn't provide any definition so I can't imagine they mind the referrals being widely used.

AdaptiBar actually does NOT like their referral program being spammed on forums. I don't think this fact will stop the race to the bottom, though. Excerpt from email convo with one of the business development people:

A. Nony Mouse

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:02 pm

Good to know, thank you. (Though that does sound mostly like Adaptibar doesn't want to be seen as spamming other forums so I don't think the occasional post here is a huge problem.)

ubebarstudying

Postby ubebarstudying » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:21 pm

A. Nony Mouse wrote:

As "a male human" said, they are actually very opposed to it. If you think about it, it makes sense, too. Widespread posting of the referral costs them $60.00 each time - 30 to the referrer and 30 off for the referee, if you will. I spoke to someone briefly earlier today at Adaptibar and while I did not see the reason to screenshot the conversation, it certainly did not seem to be focused on a concern about being perceived as spamming forums; some programs, such as critical pass, mention posting a discount code on forums, etc. Adaptibar also has other concerns, I am sure, because people with referrals that use the program need to submit a W-9 to them because they count it as commission, so there is arguably a legal component/concern that adaptibar does not want to have to deal with. Had I seen this before my talk with them, I'd have screenshotted the response I got as well because the person I spoke to was much more firm than the person that spoke to "a male human," and sounded like they planned on pursuing the issue...I don't know if that means a policy change or mass e-mail or contacting popular law forums. It would also be almost impossible for them to be okay with an occasional post because participants in their referral program would then argue they all have a right to do so, and then that would not be the occasional post....it'd be a competition to see who gets the most referrals.

A. Nony Mouse

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:34 pm

Presumably the referrals generate more money for them in people who sign up than in what they pay people for them, though, or there would be no reason ever to offer them.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”