Is anyone taking UBE in DC to be admitted to NY bar? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
rintina

New

Is anyone taking UBE in DC to be admitted to NY bar?

Post by rintina » Sun May 01, 2016 2:28 pm

I currently go to school in DC, and my goal is to get admitted to NY.
I already applied to sit in NY bar, but the email NY bar sent us past Thursday prompted me to look into taking DC bar instead, and transfer UBE score to NY. It would be much easier on the exam day to take uber 20 min away from home than to fly to Baffalo or Albany.
The problem is, applying for DC bar now (the deadline is May 3) is quite a pain. So much paper works to fill in, and have to physically print out and mail in.
I was wondering if anyone else out there is actually doing what I am trying to do. I wish NY Bar had sent us that email earlier.

FallonJ

New

Re: Is anyone taking UBE in DC to be admitted to NY bar?

Post by FallonJ » Sun May 01, 2016 3:47 pm

Yes, I'm thinking about going that route. I live in the DC area as well so it's more convenient for me.

Em_Banc

New

Re: Is anyone taking UBE in DC to be admitted to NY bar?

Post by Em_Banc » Sun May 01, 2016 5:44 pm

rintina wrote:I currently go to school in DC, and my goal is to get admitted to NY.
I already applied to sit in NY bar, but the email NY bar sent us past Thursday prompted me to look into taking DC bar instead, and transfer UBE score to NY. It would be much easier on the exam day to take uber 20 min away from home than to fly to Baffalo or Albany.
The problem is, applying for DC bar now (the deadline is May 3) is quite a pain. So much paper works to fill in, and have to physically print out and mail in.
I was wondering if anyone else out there is actually doing what I am trying to do. I wish NY Bar had sent us that email earlier.
Why did whatever email NY sent prompt you to look into DC? I just put off applying for NY because I realized I could buy myself more time with the DC application deadline since both are UBE now. I'm waiting for MD results (May 6) so I might try to do late registration with DC. I just don't know how I'll feel about sitting for July until my feb results are out.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”