New York UBE Bar Prep Materials

Worthless1

New York UBE Bar Prep Materials

Postby Worthless1 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:00 pm

Hi all. I am retaking NY in July.

For the MBE and MPT portions, I was going to use my Barbri books. However, the MEE tests on additional non-MBE topics, i.e., conflict of laws, family law, corporations and LLCs, business associations, trusts, wills and estates.

Other than practice exams you can purchase on ncbex.org, does anyone have any suggestions on what materials/books to use to study for these MEE topics, and is anyone taking a bar course for NY's UBE?

BostonCeltics

Re: New York UBE Bar Prep Materials

Postby BostonCeltics » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:51 am

Worthless1 wrote:Hi all. I am retaking NY in July.

For the MBE and MPT portions, I was going to use my Barbri books. However, the MEE tests on additional non-MBE topics, i.e., conflict of laws, family law, corporations and LLCs, business associations, trusts, wills and estates.

Other than practice exams you can purchase on ncbex.org, does anyone have any suggestions on what materials/books to use to study for these MEE topics, and is anyone taking a bar course for NY's UBE?

I'm doing Themis for the NY UBE.

laviejolie

Postby laviejolie » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:32 pm

Hey guys, i'm retaking July UBE New York. Will partly use Themis;figured that since it covers the retake I may as well. I'm not great with essays or the MPT (being a french trained lawyer with a very different system) and i'm wondering if any of the review course providers (Barmax/Barbri) are better at helping with Essay/MPT techniques and giving students very good feedback?

Also anyone know of any blogs with model essay answers for the UBE? Thanks!

Worthless1

Postby Worthless1 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:29 pm

laviejolie wrote:Hey guys, i'm retaking July UBE New York. Will partly use Themis;figured that since it covers the retake I may as well. I'm not great with essays or the MPT (being a french trained lawyer with a very different system) and i'm wondering if any of the review course providers (Barmax/Barbri) are better at helping with Essay/MPT techniques and giving students very good feedback?

Also anyone know of any blogs with model essay answers for the UBE? Thanks!

I took Barbri for the February NY bar exam. I do pretty well on essays, so I didn't get much feedback from Barbri. If I did, the comments they left were general. I did get more feedback on the MPT, however, because my score on the practice MPT was considerably lower than my practice essay scores.

You can find MEE essays and answers from older administrations here: http://www.ncbex.org/exams/mee/preparing/

dxchpwd

Postby dxchpwd » Tue May 03, 2016 12:22 pm

Since NY adopted UBE, are we allowed to sit for the UBE in any state now? I sat for NY in Feb and I didn't pass. Retaking it in July, but don't know if I have to go all the way to NY or can I sit for it at my home state, DC. DC is a UBE state as well. In short, on which website should I apply.
Please advise.

dovlet

Postby dovlet » Wed May 17, 2017 7:11 pm

For MPT, buy prior MPTs tests on ncbex.org and pay attention to point sheets b/c they are great. For MBE, use MBE books, mix subjects on barbri website if you take Barbri. If you take Barbri, use simulated exam and practice tests from Barbri MBE book. You can use Fins if you have it.

cnk1220

Postby cnk1220 » Wed May 17, 2017 7:20 pm

Worthless1 wrote:Hi all. I am retaking NY in July.

Check out JD advising's mee one-sheets for the MEE essay topics!

myrtlewinston

Postby myrtlewinston » Thu May 18, 2017 8:21 pm

Check out seperac.com. The outline includes both MBE and MEE subjects, plus 100+ pages of rules and definitions that have been tested on the MEE.

dvd0188

Postby dvd0188 » Sat May 20, 2017 11:20 am

Hey guys,

Just FYI, I am selling my brand new Themis MULTISTATE Exam Books on ebay if anyone is interested. I ended up never using these so I wanted to sell them to someone who is looking for a cheaper option than purchasing the entire Themis course. There are six books in total, which cover all three portions of the UBE. I included a link below if y'all are interested. Good luck with bar prep!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/112411634527?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”