New York Law Course/Exam (NYLC/NYLE) Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
studentstudent1

New

Re: New York Law Course/Exam (NYLC/NYLE)

Post by studentstudent1 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:04 pm

The passing score on the NYLE is 60% (an applicant must answer 30 out of the 50 items correctly).

An applicant who fails the NYLE will be required to retake both the NYLC and the NYLE.

Results are generally available within two weeks from the date of the NYLE, and applicants will be notified by email when results have been posted to their BOLE Account.

Hope this helps.
Also, no I did not study at all and simply used ctrl+F to find the answers to the NYLC questions (If a video was 20 minutes I muted it, set my timer for 20 minutes, and then ctrl+F for the answers in the packet when the timer went off. If i got the question wrong, I had to rewatch just that portion of the video with the answer in it, this only happened once or twice to me. Highly recommend saving the packet by subject so that you can ctrl+F within just that topic - way easier)

Just took the NYLE by ctrl+F through the packet on a different computer (was told I wouldn't be able to use my desktop while using the software, not sure if this is true or not). It was okay- found the answers to all the questions but only had about 10 minutes to spare at the end. I can't imagine I didn't get at least 30 correct - I found the exact verbatim answer for about 70% of the questions.

ThankyouJesus

New

Post by ThankyouJesus » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:04 pm

Results for December 15th are out. It was very fast for that exam! :shock:

droit

New

Post by droit » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:34 pm

ThankyouJesus wrote:Results for December 15th are out. It was very fast for that exam! :shock:
Yeah, I wasn't expecting them to release the results until next week.

Jaleon2000

New

Post by Jaleon2000 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:36 pm

I was taken by surprise too. But, I am happy to see the result. The last hurdle on my way to becoming certified to the NY BOLE!! :) :D

elendinel

Silver

Post by elendinel » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:52 pm

Phil Brooks wrote:Is the Xavier Donaldson who teaches the Criminal Law course the same guy as Rick Ross's lawyer in his lawsuit with 50 Cent??!

http://www.eurweb.com/2015/05/rick-ross ... s-lawsuit/

If so, that would be amazing! Coincidentally before I even realized this, I liked his lecture style the most.
Yep he is. I've met him before; really cool dude.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

screwtapeletters

New

Post by screwtapeletters » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:24 pm

Would doing this in the spring help with UBE bar prep in any way?
Way too much into 3LOLing and concerned whether I'll be able to focus in March but if it helps with the bar, might as well...

ndp1234

Bronze

Post by ndp1234 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:40 pm

screwtapeletters wrote:Would doing this in the spring help with UBE bar prep in any way?
Way too much into 3LOLing and concerned whether I'll be able to focus in March but if it helps with the bar, might as well...
Absolutely no focus needed - no memorization needed, just basic computer skills. If you retain some info I guess it may be slightly helpful.

I wholeheartedly recommend to get it done before the bar. I got it done in the first administration (I think it was May) and got in my admission paperwork before the bar. Now I'm one of the few actually sworn in before the New Year in NY, who took the July bar exam. Now I'm just chilling instead of adding extra periods of anxiety to my life.

pvnyc

Bronze

Post by pvnyc » Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:21 am

ndp1234 wrote:
screwtapeletters wrote:Would doing this in the spring help with UBE bar prep in any way?
Absolutely no focus needed - no memorization needed, just basic computer skills. If you retain some info I guess it may be slightly helpful.

I wholeheartedly recommend to get it done before the bar. I got it done in the first administration (I think it was May) and got in my admission paperwork before the bar. Now I'm one of the few actually sworn in before the New Year in NY, who took the July bar exam. Now I'm just chilling instead of adding extra periods of anxiety to my life.
I have a side question-- what department was this? Are you allowed to submit your materials to the second dept before getting the bar results? And do I have to wait until after I take the bar exam to get my employment affidavits done?

ndp1234

Bronze

Post by ndp1234 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:35 pm

It was the 2d department. I got all my affidavits and records/documents while waiting for results. The 2d department does allow you to submit before results come in (but after you take the bar exam), and they call you asking for the OCA fee and the certification letter after you pass (at least they called me about 2 days after we got the results).

I don't think you can submit before you take the bar exam until your name gets sent to BOLE to the appropriate department and you get the email. But you can start collecting your employment affidavits. The moral character affidavits I think expire within 60 days so those should be the last affidavits (also they're probably the easiest to get anyways) you get to complete your application.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Excelsoir

New

Post by Excelsoir » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:49 pm

anyone here who took the nyle last thurs?

Blackhawks_Fan

New

Post by Blackhawks_Fan » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:06 pm

Yep.

pvnyc

Bronze

Post by pvnyc » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:54 pm

ndp1234 wrote:It was the 2d department. I got all my affidavits and records/documents while waiting for results. The 2d department does allow you to submit before results come in (but after you take the bar exam), and they call you asking for the OCA fee and the certification letter after you pass (at least they called me about 2 days after we got the results).

I don't think you can submit before you take the bar exam until your name gets sent to BOLE to the appropriate department and you get the email. But you can start collecting your employment affidavits. The moral character affidavits I think expire within 60 days so those should be the last affidavits (also they're probably the easiest to get anyways) you get to complete your application.
Do you know if someone who sends in their paperwork early to the 2nd department but then fails the bar exam-- what happens to that paperwork? Does it have to be redone? Or does the 2nd department keep it for some time period?

Slytherpuff

Platinum

Post by Slytherpuff » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:05 pm

Excelsoir wrote:anyone here who took the nyle last thurs?
There's a thread for March's exam here: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 1&t=274974

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Excelsoir

New

Post by Excelsoir » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:10 pm

Slytherpuff wrote:
Excelsoir wrote:anyone here who took the nyle last thurs?
There's a thread for March's exam here: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 1&t=274974

Thanks.

ndp1234

Bronze

Post by ndp1234 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:43 pm

pvnyc wrote:
ndp1234 wrote:It was the 2d department. I got all my affidavits and records/documents while waiting for results. The 2d department does allow you to submit before results come in (but after you take the bar exam), and they call you asking for the OCA fee and the certification letter after you pass (at least they called me about 2 days after we got the results).

Do you know if someone who sends in their paperwork early to the 2nd department but then fails the bar exam-- what happens to that paperwork? Does it have to be redone? Or does the 2nd department keep it for some time period?
Yes, I know someone that this has happened to. You basically have your C&F done and you just send in your certification once you pass. After they have the certification, they will schedule you for an interview and swearing in date. She also was sworn in the same day as me. Its probably better to send in everything so that's one less thing to worry about.

pvnyc

Bronze

Post by pvnyc » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:31 pm

ndp1234 wrote:
pvnyc wrote:

Yes, I know someone that this has happened to. You basically have your C&F done and you just send in your certification once you pass. After they have the certification, they will schedule you for an interview and swearing in date. She also was sworn in the same day as me. Its probably better to send in everything so that's one less thing to worry about.
Thank you for taking out time to answer. Do you or your friend have an idea if there is a certain time period that the 2nd dept holds the file (did 2d dept. tell your friend) --- if someone fails the exam the 2nd time..

sorry for the depressing questions

pvnyc

Bronze

Post by pvnyc » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:32 pm

ndp1234 wrote:
pvnyc wrote:

Thank you for taking out time to answer. Do you or your friend have an idea if there is a certain time period that the 2nd dept holds the file (did 2d dept. tell your friend) --- if someone fails the exam the 2nd time..

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

ndp1234

Bronze

Post by ndp1234 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:20 pm

pvnyc wrote:
ndp1234 wrote:
pvnyc wrote:

She failed 2x before passing. She was able to be sworn in at the first swearing in date for the 2d dept.

brllawyer

New

Post by brllawyer » Sat May 06, 2017 7:10 pm

I think they made the NYLC materials for the June 2017 test not able to use control F. Does anyone have the PDF of the materials which is control F friendly?

Slytherpuff

Platinum

Post by Slytherpuff » Sat May 06, 2017 8:22 pm

brllawyer wrote:I think they made the NYLC materials for the June 2017 test not able to use control F. Does anyone have the PDF of the materials which is control F friendly?
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 7#p9975527

batmanandbaybreezes

Bronze

Post by batmanandbaybreezes » Sun May 07, 2017 7:42 pm

Ugh is it true that they made the exam so much harder?? Can we still control+f the answers??

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

cnk1220

Silver

Post by cnk1220 » Sun May 07, 2017 7:48 pm

batmanandbaybreezes wrote:Ugh is it true that they made the exam so much harder?? Can we still control+f the answers??

You can ;)

batmanandbaybreezes

Bronze

Post by batmanandbaybreezes » Sun May 07, 2017 7:51 pm

cnk1220 wrote:
batmanandbaybreezes wrote:Ugh is it true that they made the exam so much harder?? Can we still control+f the answers??

You can ;)
so much effort though!!! why did they have to make it harder? :x

StructuresAndForces

New

Post by StructuresAndForces » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:38 pm

m27

Bronze

Post by m27 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:23 pm

WheatThins wrote:
yungthug92 wrote:URGENT QUESTION: If we use a video fast forwarder, will we still pass the electronic audit of time spent watching the course materials? NEED to know...
I sped of my videos, was audited, and had to do the whole thing over again.
I sped up two of the videos and the time difference between two videos is about 10 minutes. Will this pass the audit? Should I call up the Board and address this problem? Is it plausible that I could have watched most of two videos one day, and then completed them within 10 minutes of each other the next day, resulting in that time stamp? Please advise.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”