Where can I buy set of used NY Barbri books? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
edsbored

New

Where can I buy set of used NY Barbri books?

Post by edsbored » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:21 pm

I'm planning to take the NY bar this July. I understand that NY is switching to the uniform bar exam. Where can I buy used Barbri books that will cover both the uniform bar exam AND the MBE? Can I buy other states' uniform bar exam material since it'll be on the same law? I don't have $3000 to spend on barbri, so I'm looking for some used books. Any help will be much appreciated!

amk110

New

Re: Where can I buy set of used NY Barbri books?

Post by amk110 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:19 pm

Ebay or Amazon. I've even seen some on Craigslist.

I sold my original set of BARBRI books on ebay after I failed the exam the first time. Purchased an updated set there for this second go around (passed, and sold them again on ebay.)

Protip: Don't write in the materials, and you can probably sell them when you're done with them for near what you spent originally.

Yes, you can use other state's materials for the MBE and the MEE portions of the exam. These materials, (at least with BARBRI) aren't state specific.

EDIT: A lot of the books are pretty redundant. I had almost a dozen different books that BARBRI gave me for my first attempt. For round two, I just bought the MBE question book (about 1,000 questions), an MEE practice book, and the conviser mini-review (with all the subject outlines.) The actual sets usually have another book just for your state, a small book for a practice MBE, a book of long subject outlines that seems totally useless in light of the more efficient conviser mini-review, and so on.

(The practice MPT book may also be useful, but a lot of the MPTs in there can be found free online.)

scoomer

New

Re: Where can I buy set of used NY Barbri books?

Post by scoomer » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:36 pm

edsbored wrote:I'm planning to take the NY bar this July. I understand that NY is switching to the uniform bar exam. Where can I buy used Barbri books that will cover both the uniform bar exam AND the MBE? Can I buy other states' uniform bar exam material since it'll be on the same law? I don't have $3000 to spend on barbri, so I'm looking for some used books. Any help will be much appreciated!
Hey! I just took the February NY bar, 2017 using Barbri. I'm selling all my Barbri materials. Message me if you're interested!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”