Feb 2016 bar results waiting thread Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
fearless16

New

Re: Feb 2016 bar results waiting thread

Post by fearless16 » Tue May 03, 2016 11:40 am

I'm waiting for Arizona!! This is MADDENING!

caveman2

Bronze

Post by caveman2 » Tue May 03, 2016 12:02 pm

fearless16 wrote:I'm waiting for Arizona!! This is MADDENING!
No. This. Is. Sparta. THIS. IS. THE BAR EXAM.

MzJD

New

Post by MzJD » Tue May 03, 2016 12:49 pm

Fearless we are in this together! Come on May 13th

Kalani111

New

Post by Kalani111 » Wed May 04, 2016 12:49 am

fearless16 wrote:I'm waiting for Arizona!! This is MADDENING!
Me too fearless. :roll: :?: :evil: :|

fearless16

New

Post by fearless16 » Wed May 04, 2016 11:30 am

I just realized today that our Arizona results come out on Friday the 13th. :shock: Are they serious???!!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ilovetheatre

New

Post by ilovetheatre » Wed May 04, 2016 11:48 am

NV posts results in 6hrs and 13mins. I already have a job that doesn't need/want NV admission, but I'd like to return to an old job that does. No one knows I took the exam, and I'm trying not to appear too distracted at work. I just want to pass.

BVest

Platinum

Post by BVest » Wed May 04, 2016 12:19 pm

ilovetheatre wrote:NV posts results in 6hrs and 13mins. I already have a job that doesn't need/want NV admission, but I'd like to return to an old job that does. No one knows I took the exam, and I'm trying not to appear too distracted at work. I just want to pass.
We've got a guy in our office who was barred in another state already but started with those of us who had just taken Texas. When results came out he was casually like "can you scroll down, I want to look for a friend." He was that friend.
Last edited by BVest on Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

law732

New

Post by law732 » Wed May 04, 2016 3:28 pm

Passed NJ with a 156.7 MBE - over 30 points from my July MBE (which was a 123.4). Thank you all so much for the great advice and company during one of the most difficult times of my life. Means more than you will ever know.

kellyfrost

Platinum

Post by kellyfrost » Wed May 04, 2016 3:34 pm

law732 wrote:Passed NJ with a 156.7 MBE - over 30 points from my July MBE (which was a 123.4). Thank you all so much for the great advice and company during one of the most difficult times of my life. Means more than you will ever know.
Congratulations! Such an amazing feeling, trust me, I know. You should seriously take some pride in your MBE improvement and all of the hard work and dedication you put into obtaining that score. That is very impressive and I am sure it didn't come easy.

Now go out and enter the profession with the type of confidence that you attacked the bar exam with.

I really enjoy hearing success stories like this.
Last edited by kellyfrost on Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Jewelgirl4

New

Post by Jewelgirl4 » Wed May 04, 2016 4:24 pm

Passed NJ with a 134.5 MBE (up from 121.9 in July 2015, which I failed)!

What. A. FEELING.

I did not receive a Pass and Ready letter, but my results letter did not list any deficiencies. Consequently, I'm guessing this means my file is still under review. (I was in a car accident in May 2013 for which I'm now involved in a lawsuit and am being deposed in relation to on Friday, but provided my C&F person with the complaint, deposition notice, and notice for the date of arbitration a few months ago).

Has anyone experienced anything similar?

Also, I should note that there was only damage to the cars. Everyone walked away fine.

LittleE

New

Post by LittleE » Thu May 05, 2016 1:11 am

Hodor33 wrote:Less than 1 month to go Georgia takers! :|
Why does Georgia take so long? We are literally the last state to get the result this time! Ugh!

akcheat

New

Post by akcheat » Thu May 05, 2016 12:09 pm

law732 wrote:Passed NJ with a 156.7 MBE - over 30 points from my July MBE (which was a 123.4). Thank you all so much for the great advice and company during one of the most difficult times of my life. Means more than you will ever know.
If you don't mind me asking, did you feel a lot better about the MBE after taking it this time? Maryland comes out tomorrow, and I'm trying to decide if feeling better on the MBE is deceptive or not.

chaunceygardiner

New

Post by chaunceygardiner » Thu May 05, 2016 5:06 pm

Passed CO with a scaled 157 on the MBE and scaled 138 on the essays. I spent the vast majority of my study time on MBE questions and very little time on the MEE subjects. I completed 56% of Themis' program. I listened to all of the lectures (1.5-2x speed) on the MBE subjects. I found them to be very helpful for setting a foundation and recalling previously learned concepts.

MBE
Total MBE Practice -- 847/1323 total (64%).
Early Subject-Specific MBE Practice (prior to 02/13) -- 425/663 (64.1%).
Mixed MBE Practice in Interactive Mode (02/13-02/18) -- 311/510 (60.1%).
MBE Milestone Exams 1 & 2 (02/18-ish) -- 62/100 (62%).
Mixed MBE Practice in Testing Mode (02/19-02/21) -- 111/150 (74%).

If forced to study for the bar exam again, I'd allow more time to take a lot more testing mode practice questions at the end. I really improved once I was able to get into the flow of the questions rather than concentrate on reading the answer explanations. However, I think that the time spent on interactive mode was invaluable. Reading each of the four answer choice explanations for every single practice question really helped me to pick up on a lot of the nuance and mostly avoid being fooled twice on the same question type.

MEE
Completed 27% of the essay practice questions (issue spot and rough outline rather than write it out) and 15% of the essay exams (scores were usually around the 50th percentile).
I listened and paid attention to the MEE lectures on Agency, Corporations, Wills, and Trusts.
Did not pay close attention, but listened to Secured Trans.
Did not listen to Conflict of Laws, Family Law, or Partnerships.

On the actual MEE, I kind of knew what I was doing on about half of the questions. On the other half, I had no idea what was being tested. On these questions, I just thought about the problem and tried to BS the most rational solution in neat, concise 3-5 paragraph IRACs. Stuck to 30 minutes on each essay.

MPT
I took three timed practice MPTs. Never could finish in time.
On the actual MPT, I completed about 75% of the task on #1, 100% of the first task on #2 and 25% of the second task on #2.

Immediately After the Exam
Morning Section of MBE -- felt like I'd seen 95%+ of the fact patterns.
Afternoon Section of MBE -- felt like I'd seen 55-60% of the fact patterns. The other 40-45% blew my mind.
MPT -- felt a little nervous afterwards because I'd left so much out.
MEE -- did not feel great. I was just hoping that I'd gained enough points from grammar/structure to keep me out of the bottom quartile...

Reading the threads on here prior to the exam helped me to choose a strong study strategy and stick with it. Reading the threads on here immediately after the afternoon MBE (when people were discussing "hypothetical" questions) really put my mind at ease.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

law732

New

Post by law732 » Thu May 05, 2016 8:34 pm

akcheat wrote:
If you don't mind me asking, did you feel a lot better about the MBE after taking it this time? Maryland comes out tomorrow, and I'm trying to decide if feeling better on the MBE is deceptive or not.
I felt a lot better this time around. July 2015 was an absolute nightmare. Having taken both, I can honestly say that the July MBE was a flawed exam. No one I spoke to knew how to feel after taking it. The Feb exam looked a lot more familiar to the Barbri/Kaplan practice MBE questions I used to study.

DueProcessDoWheelies

Bronze

Post by DueProcessDoWheelies » Fri May 06, 2016 12:56 pm

law732 wrote:
akcheat wrote:
I felt a lot better this time around. July 2015 was an absolute nightmare. Having taken both, I can honestly say that the July MBE was a flawed exam. No one I spoke to knew how to feel after taking it. The Feb exam looked a lot more familiar to the Barbri/Kaplan practice MBE questions I used to study.
I must agree. People have probably thought I just had some sour grapes after July, but now I've taken two MBEs. The July MBE was completely ridiculous. Almost every fact pattern was unfamiliar, everything felt like a trick. It felt like all the studying I did for the prior two months was for nothing. The NCBE should have just written "FUCK YOU" in huge letters at the end of the exam.

The February MBE was much more straightforward, without being an easy exam. The fact patterns looked way more familiar and I felt much more comfortable answering the questions. I did over 2000 practice questions for February and felt okay at the end of it. I did think the PM section was much harder than AM, however. February was how I thought it should be. It was a hard exam, no question, but I felt like my studying actually paid off. In July, I didn't feel like anything paid off, I just felt like I fell for too many of their trick questions which led to my failure.

Hodor33

New

Post by Hodor33 » Fri May 06, 2016 2:07 pm

LittleE wrote:
Why does Georgia take so long? We are literally the last state to get the result this time! Ugh!
Not only are we last, we're last by ~2 weeks. Its ridiculous.

EDIT: Not to mention we didn't really have that many test takers. I'm sure Texas/NY/FL/Cali all had 2-5x more people take the exam.

MzJD

New

Post by MzJD » Fri May 06, 2016 5:32 pm

fearless16 wrote:I just realized today that our Arizona results come out on Friday the 13th. :shock: Are they serious???!!
Must be some sick joke!!! :shock: :oops: :roll:

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Kalani111

New

Post by Kalani111 » Fri May 06, 2016 7:56 pm

MzJD wrote:
fearless16 wrote:I just realized today that our Arizona results come out on Friday the 13th. :shock: Are they serious???!!
And most people will still be at work at 4:30pm instead of curled up in the fetal position :?

BVest

Platinum

Post by BVest » Fri May 06, 2016 10:27 pm

MzJD wrote:
WV came out on April 1.
Last edited by BVest on Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

LittleE

New

Post by LittleE » Fri May 06, 2016 11:51 pm

Hodor33 wrote:
LittleE wrote:
Not only are we last, we're last by ~2 weeks. Its ridiculous.

EDIT: Not to mention we didn't really have that many test takers. I'm sure Texas/NY/FL/Cali all had 2-5x more people take the exam.
Agreed. I counted like only 600+ people taking the Feb. exam. It is seriously ridiculous and I know they can grade it faster, not to mention the regular registration for the July exam is June 1st so you got like 4 days to digest/cry if you fail.

jelly_bean3

New

Post by jelly_bean3 » Mon May 09, 2016 10:03 pm

Alaska was released today, crazy high pass rate. 77% overall! Not sure why AK pass rates when up considerably while MBE went down.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

BrokenMouse

Silver

Post by BrokenMouse » Thu May 12, 2016 5:01 am

Did the MBE go down nationally? I thought everyone felt feb was easier than last july???

minkylowlife

New

Post by minkylowlife » Thu May 12, 2016 1:24 pm

Is Cali the last to report?

FinallyPassedTheBar

Bronze

Post by FinallyPassedTheBar » Thu May 12, 2016 3:13 pm

I was recently diagnosed with high blood pressure and diabetes. Which is strange given my age and physical activity. The doctor said it could partly be due to stress about taking the bar so many times. :oops:

fadedsunrise

Bronze

Post by fadedsunrise » Thu May 12, 2016 8:44 pm

6TimeFailure wrote:I was recently diagnosed with high blood pressure and diabetes. Which is strange given my age and physical activity. The doctor said it could partly be due to stress about taking the bar so many times. :oops:
I apparently have high cholestrol as of my last blood test, which is also strange given my mid 20's age and active martial arts practice. The doctor told me to not worry about my licensing and to go sing songs to lower my qi :lol: :?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”