Ca bar feb 16- s/o does not believe I am really tired Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
InTheWideLand I Walk

Bronze

Ca bar feb 16- s/o does not believe I am really tired

Post by InTheWideLand I Walk » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:46 pm

Hello. I just finished the CA feb 16 bar and now working full time. My significant other keeps pointing out how I "sound tired" all the time. I keep telling her I just finished the bar less than a week ago. She just thinks I am not really this tired and I am just using the fact that I took the bar as an excuse to be lazy.

how long does it really an average person to recover from this thing? I dont think I am the only one who is tired all the time.

rpupkin

Platinum

Re: Ca bar feb 16- s/o does not believe I am really tired

Post by rpupkin » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:53 pm

InTheWideLand I Walk wrote:Hello. I just finished the CA feb 16 bar and now working full time. My significant other keeps pointing out how I "sound tired" all the time. I keep telling her I just finished the bar less than a week ago. She just thinks I am not really this tired and I am just using the fact that I took the bar as an excuse to be lazy.

how long does it really an average person to recover from this thing? I dont think I am the only one who is tired all the time.
It takes the average person 4.25 days to recover from the CA bar exam.

KTnKT

Bronze

Post by KTnKT » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:18 pm

I think it depends on what you do after? I work too, but I took of Friday, Saturday and Sunday COMPLETELY.

So, I'm not really tired, but if I'd tried to do stuff the weekend after then I'd probably be exhausted.

Zebra

New

Post by Zebra » Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:55 am

rpupkin wrote:
InTheWideLand I Walk wrote:Hello. I just finished the CA feb 16 bar and now working full time. My significant other keeps pointing out how I "sound tired" all the time. I keep telling her I just finished the bar less than a week ago. She just thinks I am not really this tired and I am just using the fact that I took the bar as an excuse to be lazy.

It takes the average person 4.25 days to recover from the CA bar exam.
What are you basing this on?

Zebra

New

Post by Zebra » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:02 am

She's inconsiderate for not taking into account the bar exam was only a week ago. If you've spent weeks-months prepping, then you're obviously going to be tired for longer than a few days, let alone a week. I think the recovery is a slow transition. But you're absolutely entitled to feel the way you do. And if she really can't understand that and would rather call you lazy after the hell you went through, you should reconsider calling her significant rather than just an "other"

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

NY_Sea

Bronze

Post by NY_Sea » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:04 am

It's draining... Mentally and physically. Luckily my S/O took the bar with me the first time (she passed, I failed), so she gets it, but idk if other people really get the toll it takes and that's kind of annoying... Especially after you explain it to them.

kellyfrost

Platinum

Post by kellyfrost » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:56 am

I don't think this is something sex can't solve.
Give her some sex and that should make her happy and keep her off your case for a bit.
Last edited by kellyfrost on Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

storge

New

Post by storge » Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:28 am

I'm still recovering from CA Feb '16 bar. Thankfully, my s/o is very understanding and supportive. Already an attorney in another state so we've been through this already albeit years ago. I think it's a slow process and I'm not sure I ever became the same person, but the initial shock and fatigue definitely fades with time. Taking time to relax and rest is key, which is my focus right now. Still having dreams about the exam and wake up thinking about or mentally writing or re-writing my answers -- SUCKS, but normal. This too will fade with time -- as others said, I guess it just depends on the person and how distracted you are with other things in life like work, family and/or vacation. Regardless, hope your s/o gets on board soon! I can't imagine having to deal with that guilt trip when you've already been through so much with the exam.

InTheWideLand I Walk

Bronze

Post by InTheWideLand I Walk » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:36 pm

Zebra wrote:

She's inconsiderate for not taking into account the bar exam was only a week ago. If you've spent weeks-months prepping, then you're obviously going to be tired for longer than a few days, let alone a week. I think the recovery is a slow transition. But you're absolutely entitled to feel the way you do. And if she really can't understand that and would rather call you lazy after the hell you went through, you should reconsider calling her significant rather than just an "other"
Thats what I ended up telling her. Its not just the 3 day long exam that tired me out, its the 3 months of working full time plus 5-6+ hours of studying per day. She seemed to get it.
kellyfrost wrote:I don't think this is something sex can't solve.
Give her some sex and that should make her happy and keep her off your case for a bit.
lol.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”