MBE Time Management Tip? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
BrokenMouse

Silver

MBE Time Management Tip?

Post by BrokenMouse » Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:35 pm

Last edited by BrokenMouse on Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sue

New

Re: MBE Time Management Tip?

Post by Sue » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:32 am

BrokenMouse wrote:Hey guys, so I know that it is rougly 1.8 minutes (1 min 45 secs) per MBE question we ought to spend on.

Does anybody have a good tip on when to check for time? For example, I like to think of the MBE as having multiple mini exams. So I do "10 at a time" and fill in the bubble 10 at a time. Then I take a deep breath, stretch my neck, shake my head and jump into the next. I do this 20 times.

Basically every 18 minutes I should at least be done with 10 problems.
Oh, it would be so hard for me to make my brain calculate every 18 mins and see how much time I have left. I guess I am checking the time when I am at questions 18, 35, 70, and 85.

Or you can see the time after every 17-18 questions every half an hour.

Gamecubesupreme

Bronze

Post by Gamecubesupreme » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:48 am

I find it best for me to take breaks when my brain tells me to.

Basically when I realize I'm simply not absorbing the question, I will stop reading, close my eyes, and take a 30 second break.

This could occur after 2 questions or after 50, but I don't like to pause after a certain number of questions cause I could be on a roll mental wise and it's dumb to break it up.

starryski

Bronze

Post by starryski » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:22 pm

in july i would do 33 (about an hour) and then fill in bubbles...i was running out of time though so not sure how helpful that was. and i skipped a lot.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”