California Essay Predictions Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
rcharter1978

Gold

California Essay Predictions

Post by rcharter1978 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:39 am

Is there already a thread for this? Its like 7am and I haven't gotten much sleep so if I missed it I apologize.

Anyone have any of the CA Essay Predictions?? Thanks.

FinallyPassedTheBar

Bronze

Re: California Essay Predictions

Post by FinallyPassedTheBar » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:06 pm

I predict a Civ Pro personal/subject matter jurisdiction question. I also predict a 1st amendment question...maybe crossed with a defamation issue.

rcharter1978

Gold

Post by rcharter1978 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:36 am

6TimeFailure wrote:I predict a Civ Pro personal/subject matter jurisdiction question. I also predict a 1st amendment question...maybe crossed with a defamation issue.
Thanks!

dtruong23

New

Post by dtruong23 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:25 pm

Doubt they test Civ Pro Personal/Subject Matter JX this February. I took the July 2015 and passed. Personal Jurisdiction was just tested then.

rcharter1978

Gold

Post by rcharter1978 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:10 am

dtruong23 wrote:Doubt they test Civ Pro Personal/Subject Matter JX this February. I took the July 2015 and passed. Personal Jurisdiction was just tested then.
Thanks, that makes sense.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

AMCD

Bronze

Post by AMCD » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:08 pm

While this is a dangerous road to go down, it's not insignificant to note the total absence of wills and trusts; contracts and remedies; evidence as essays last July. Some of their real favorites in there! Plus, there's not been a full PR essay for some time, nor a full strict products liability torts essay in some time, while defamation, vicarious liability have been there of late. I remember practicing the model answer framework for that prior SPL essay, and there's a lot in there to hit. Con law seems to be another popular choice right now, and a long time since commerce clause; free speech and that bizarre presidential powers essay -- worth just knowing some headings for that one. Of course, don't neglect water rights. I'm being serious after the depth of inquiry on servitudes, conveyancing and zoning-takings!!

BrokenMouse

Silver

Post by BrokenMouse » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:51 am

Last edited by BrokenMouse on Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AMCD

Bronze

Post by AMCD » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:37 pm

Well, yes. I wasn't suggesting they would be tested again, but was thinking that given the depth of inquiry on what used to be "an" issue in an essay (servitudes, easements etc.), now represents a significant amount of the total discussion, so knowing water rights might be a good idea!! Mind you, that said, look at the property essays from Feb 2015 and July 2015. A good amount of overlap, no?

I assume always that they count on testers putting things away b/c they were tested the last cycle. The property essays of last year were a good indicator of that "trap."

I would also know the 5th A. really well for a crim essay/procedure cross-over, as well as having crimes down cold. A long, long time since crimes was tested in a meaningful way and the 5th was modestly tested in the last several years.

While I passed July 2015, I was surprised at the scope and focus of the essays somewhat. I also went into July telling myself it was OK to completely bomb one essay, so not to panic if that came to pass .... which it did with the corps/PR crossover! I knew PR really well, however, so wrote the heck out of that part of the call, and spent 10 mins on the corps. part, but felt really good about the other 5 essays. Refused to let myself freak out over that one essay as I always knew beyond the rudimentary, corps. is my absolute worst subject.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”