Patent Bar Exam Prep Options

snaptus

Patent Bar Exam Prep Options

Postby snaptus » Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:34 am

Hey, I am taking a gap year before going to law school and am very interested in taking the Patent Bar prior to starting law school. I know there are many options available for a prep course, but I am not sure if it's worth it. The research I have done indicates its a toss-up and I could even get by by self-study alone. If anyone has taken a good and relatively affordable Patent Bar Prep course, please share! Or even if you have self-studied, your book recommendations are much appreciated!

Here are the courses that I am considering:
- Omni
- PLI
- PatBar
- PRG
- TAPRE
- Wysebridge

Please comment with any info on any of these courses or your own study methods, thanks!

NY_Sea

Re: Patent Bar Exam Prep Options

Postby NY_Sea » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:39 am

snaptus wrote:Hey, I am taking a gap year before going to law school and am very interested in taking the Patent Bar prior to starting law school. I know there are many options available for a prep course, but I am not sure if it's worth it. The research I have done indicates its a toss-up and I could even get by by self-study alone. If anyone has taken a good and relatively affordable Patent Bar Prep course, please share! Or even if you have self-studied, your book recommendations are much appreciated!

Here are the courses that I am considering:
- Omni
- PLI
- PatBar
- PRG
- TAPRE
- Wysebridge

Please comment with any info on any of these courses or your own study methods, thanks!

PLI is the go to... No question about it, but because of that, they're also the most expensive. If money isn't an issue I would do PLI in a heartbeat. I was lucky to have someone give me their PDFs and lectures from PLI, but they would be outdated for your test since they didn't have any AIA stuff on it.

Good luck to you, though!

boslaw56

Postby boslaw56 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:24 am

Post Removed.

dk330139

Postby dk330139 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:53 pm

Anyone selling old patent bar prep materials? Message me if so.

elendinel

Postby elendinel » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:08 pm

Definitely PLI.

Also make sure you're buying materials that are consistent with what will be on the test when you take it, as the test changes periodically, and you will probably fail if you're using older edition materials (saw this happen with a co-worker of mine).

ScottRiqui

Postby ScottRiqui » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:26 pm

I got the PLI program. The nice thing is that even though you're only buying access to all their online materials for a year, they'll keep extending it until you pass the patent bar if you ask them to, as well as continuing to give you the electronic versions of the yearly updates.

BaberhamLincoln

Postby BaberhamLincoln » Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:38 pm

I posted this elsewhere but Omni sucks.
Don't do Omni.

IsThisForReal

Postby IsThisForReal » Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:09 am

I self studied with mypatentbar.com and all the available old questions from the USPTO.

But someone's old PLI stuff would help you as long as it has AIA

dovlet

Postby dovlet » Wed May 17, 2017 7:13 pm

Do on your own. I did but failed once and then, passed on second try. If you fail, take review sessions on prometric, it is going to help you to pass. I have some materials, I can share with you if you want.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”