Strategies and Tactics = NCBE MBE?

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
KirbyKager

New

Strategies and Tactics = NCBE MBE?

Postby KirbyKager » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:09 pm

I am a repeater and a converted self-studier after making the realization after my first bar attempt that I tend to daydream way too easily when in a classroom setting. I was looking for MBE practice questions and have looked at various options. I was thinking about ordering the sets released by the NCBE(1-5) on their website. But I thought I heard that the book Strategies and Tactics for the MBE by Kim Walton and the Second edition by Steven Emanuel were basically taken from those NCBE sets, so I was thinking about getting the books instead of shelling out 250$ for the sets from NCBE.

Could anyone confirm this?

PS. Anybody know anything about Blond's Multistate Bar Examination?

Thanks and happy studying!

lacrossebrother

Platinum

Re: Strategies and Tactics = NCBE MBE?

Postby lacrossebrother » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:07 am

can confirm that emanuel's uses those official mbe quesions

iwantmybar

Bronze

Postby iwantmybar » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:13 am

Why dont you subscribe to adaptibar? It costs $395 and it contains 1.700 reals questions. You can get a free trial as well I believe.

I personally bought the emmanuel book, it is a good quality book but honestly I only use it to target some specific areas where I feel weak (hello hearsay) but that's about it.

(pm get to get 50$ off on adaptibar )

UnfrozenCaveman

Bronze

Postby UnfrozenCaveman » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:22 pm

iwantmybar wrote:Why dont you subscribe to adaptibar? It costs $395 and it contains 1.700 reals questions. You can get a free trial as well I believe.

I personally bought the emmanuel book, it is a good quality book but honestly I only use it to target some specific areas where I feel weak (hello hearsay) but that's about it.

(pm get to get 50$ off on adaptibar )

Because you can rent the book for less than $20? How much is the adaptibar referral fee for you?

Edit: just realized the combative tone of the last question. Not intended.

iwantmybar

Bronze

Postby iwantmybar » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:40 pm

Referral gives me 50$. I'm not intending to deceive anyone here or to make some shady business.

The emmanuel book costs $50'ish (granted you can probably buy an used one for $30) but I have both adaptibar and that book. While the emmanuel book gives some good insights and detailed explanations, adaptibar is I think better in the way that it has over 1.700 questions, good explanations as well + some nice stats tools.

UnfrozenCaveman

Bronze

Postby UnfrozenCaveman » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:44 pm

Got ya. Fair enough.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum�