Admission on Motion Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
mike.alexander23

Bronze

Admission on Motion

Post by mike.alexander23 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:44 am

Not sure if this is the proper Subforum, but I couldn't think of anywhere else to ask my question.

I just passed the CA bar. However, some unexpected opportunities in the short term might have me moving to NY. I know that NY offers Admission on Motion/Reciprocity (http://www.nybarexam.org/AOM/AdmissiononMotion.htm). However, CA is not an eligible jurisdiction. However, I scored high enough on my MBE to be admitted into D.C., which IS an eligible jurisdiction for Admission on Motion for NY. So if I were to be admitted by motion into D.C., practice for 5 years in CA, and then file a Motion to be admitted into NY,...would that work?

My assumption is that I would need to practice for 5 years in an eligible jurisdiction (i.e., 5 years in D.C.). Can anyone shed some light on this?

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”