Themis Public Interest Discount Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Manali

Bronze

Themis Public Interest Discount

Post by Manali » Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:49 pm

Hey! Interested in switching over from Barbri to Themis because it's cheaper and Themis actually has the guts to publish their pass rates. Anyone take advantage of the Public Interest Discount? Do you have to have a FTLT position lined up, or is a demonstrated commitment to public interest sufficient?

Also, will Themis refund your Barbri deposit if you paid it during your 1L year? (I emailed Themis months ago about this and no response).

KTnKT

Bronze

Re: Themis Public Interest Discount

Post by KTnKT » Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:50 pm

No intel on the public interest discount portion, although I know you don't need a job. I think you just have to display an interest.

On the deposit: they don't refund you money, but they do match any contribution you can prove up to a certain cap. I just submitted a screenshot of my Barbri account balance and they emailed me confirmation of that amount subtracted from my themis total. Same day.

Try again. They are usually very very responsive.

Pleasye

Platinum

Re: Themis Public Interest Discount

Post by Pleasye » Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:11 am

Demonstrated interest is sufficient.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”