Critical Pass only? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
KirbyKager

New

Critical Pass only?

Post by KirbyKager » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:03 pm

Greetings all. Was seeing if any of you all used the Critical pass flashcards. I saw a prior thread about how to use the Critical Pass Cards but didn't see my question.

I am not taking a bar course and am self-studying for the February Illinois Bar and was wondering if I could use ONLY the Critical Pass flashcards and do well on the MBE without studying anything else? Just tossing the idea around.

Also... I am planning on purchasing some MBE practice questions. Outside of the NCBE website and Adaptibar, do you all have any ideas where I could get large amounts of tough MBE questions.

rcharter1978

Gold

Re: Critical Pass only?

Post by rcharter1978 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:16 pm

KirbyKager wrote:Greetings all. Was seeing if any of you all used the Critical pass flashcards. I saw a prior thread about how to use the Critical Pass Cards but didn't see my question.

I am not taking a bar course and am self-studying for the February Illinois Bar and was wondering if I could use ONLY the Critical Pass flashcards and do well on the MBE without studying anything else? Just tossing the idea around.

Also... I am planning on purchasing some MBE practice questions. Outside of the NCBE website and Adaptibar, do you all have any ideas where I could get large amounts of tough MBE questions.
A Male Human wrote a great post and suggested the Emmanuel MBE book which should also have a lot of questions.

ndbigdave

Bronze

Post by ndbigdave » Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:40 am

I can - from personal experience only - recommend that BarMax program/app.

I thought the lectures were ok and was something I could listen to while I drove to and from work (as a self-study person working full-time this was crucial) but I think the biggest perk are the questions included that can be done on the ipad, iphone or online through the website. They have "real" MBE questions which I thought was useful for real practice rather then just made up ones from other programs.

Being able to rip through a few questions on my phone proved helpful and then being able to track my progress was also helpful in learning material and getting my timing down.

https://getbarmax.com/

No I am not a rep and no I am not getting paid for this, but as a 2015 July Bar passer I can point to this app as to why I passed the MBE

Redamon1

Bronze

Post by Redamon1 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:37 am

Critical Pass was useful, but a bit more detail, such as in the Barbri outline (you could use another source) was helpful as a complement and primary study tool. You could buy a used Barbri CMR review on Ebay and that would do the trick. Also, definitely buy practice questions. You need to do a ton.

TXlawyer17

New

Post by TXlawyer17 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:47 am

KirbyKager wrote:Greetings all. Was seeing if any of you all used the Critical pass flashcards. I saw a prior thread about how to use the Critical Pass Cards but didn't see my question.

Critical Pass is an excellent study tool for the MBE (http://criticalpass.refr.cc/NHSN2MW); if you have good test-taking skills, you could probably "pass" the MBE with Critical Pass and Adaptibar or BarMax. However, this doesn't address the essays on the Bar. I would not ignore the MEE/essay portion of your Bar Exam by putting all your eggs in one basket. I would pony up the money to pay for a used Barbri set on eBay or take a cheaper Bar course like Themis and study seriously for them. Don't ignore the essays!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

KirbyKager

New

Post by KirbyKager » Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:10 pm

Thanks for the advice everyone. I do not plan on blowing off the essays or attempting to wing them, I am not that smart. Just trying to formulate a better plan of attack for the MBE since I bombed it my last attempt.

On your advice I perused the Adaptibar website and was wondering, does anybody know what I need to do to get a discount code for Adaptibar or Critical Pass for that matter?

storge

New

Post by storge » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:28 pm

If anyone is looking for a Critical Pass Flashcard discount, use link below to get $10 off. I searched everywhere for a coupon/discount code and couldn't find one anywhere so I figured I'd share.

I got this as a referral so you have to use the link to get the discount: http://criticalpass.refr.cc/NQBJZZ7
Wish I had access to someone else's referral link before I paid full price, but didn't have any luck finding any current ones :( . Sharing the love. Anyone interested, feel free to utilize.

Slimz89

New

Post by Slimz89 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:04 pm

Here is a link to get $10 off and free shipping for the new 2017 Critical Pass Flashcards. Link: http://criticalpass.refr.cc/10offandfreeshipping

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”