PASSERS!!!- What are you thankful for now that you have passed the bar exam???

lawst_

Re: PASSERS!!!- What are you thankful for now that you have passed the bar exam???

Postby lawst_ » Thu May 18, 2017 1:24 pm

I passed my fourth time around. Say what you will about failing 3 times, but passing on the fourth was probably one of the best moments in my life.

I got lucky and chose a career path that's JD-advantage (and planned to do this even before taking the bar) so passing didn't matter as much for my job, but I'm thankful for future doors it may open.

But probably what I'm most thankful for is just the relief of putting it behind me, and also being able to let family and friends know I finally passed. I didn't tell anyone I was taking the bar this last time around. Everyone assumed that I had given up. So when I finally called them, I apologized for being covert about taking this bar and then was able to give them the good news they'd been waiting for for almost 2 years.

It's really nice to finally join my friends and classmates who passed the first and second time around. Plus it's neat to look up at my "Congratulations on passing the February 2017 bar examination" letter every single day.

Oh, and I like having my life back. No more studying, no more books and note cards and outlines scattered around my place. No more not being able to sleep, or waking up to nightmares about the bar or reciting rules of law.

lawst_

Re: PASSERS!!!- What are you thankful for now that you have passed the bar exam???

Postby lawst_ » Thu May 18, 2017 1:27 pm

crimsontide wrote:I'm really thankful that I passed b/c my parents can finally get off my back, my boyfriend has bragging rights, and my mom can finally stop telling me I'll be homeless b/c I don't have bar passage and my bf "only" has a masters. (Oh, ethnic parents...). Last Christmas, my mom yelled at me in a restaurant and made me cry after the third time I failed. I was miserable X(

And now, she wants to be all "buddy-buddy" with me and brags to all her friends that she and my dad are the reason I passed. HA. More like, a tutor whose unconventional methods scared the bejeezus out of me more than the exam itself, and my then-boss who was very pro-law school. Not to mention my bf who buys me magnets/cute items that say "live the life you love" and other such inspirational things. Right now, I'm in a JD-advantage senior position, I'm approaching 30, and a lot of firms don't want to hire b/c I have zero practicing experience but whatever, I passed lol.

I guess I'm taking it as a sign from the universe that somehow, someway, everything will be fine. That I no longer have to feel I'm living in a shadow of myself, and the person I might have become, and that I can focus on my future--a new leaf in the book, a new chapter in my life so to speak.

I'm in a serious relationship but I always used to have nightmares I'd end up marrying then have to study for the bar while heavily pregnant, or I'd have to explain to grandkids why I failed the bar over and over again.

4th time's the charm...

I swear I feel like we're twins! And I feel you with the parent guilt/shaming us and making us cry over not passing.

happyhour1122

Postby happyhour1122 » Fri May 19, 2017 9:04 am

I"m thankful to be able to support my friends who are now waiting or taking the bar exam (with confidence)

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”