Taking Florida bar exam in conjunction with another state?

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Earlymorning

New

Taking Florida bar exam in conjunction with another state?

Postby Earlymorning » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:29 am

I hope I'm posting in the right forum. I'm an experienced attorney currently licensed in NY and NJ. I am considering sitting for the Florida bar. I wonder if it is somewhat common for those taking the Florida bar to sit for another state at the same time, I.e. Like many wrote NY and NJ together. I figure if I'm going to re-study for the bar, why not aim for two? I've heard Nevada and Georgia may be a good option. I'd prefer CA... Any insight into this would be appreciated. Thanks.

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Re: Taking Florida bar exam in conjunction with another state?

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:35 am

You'd have to find two states that test their state material on the different days on either side of the MBE, and you'd have to be able to get from Florida to whichever state for the other day, as far as I understand it. I don't think California would work because don't they have a 3 day exam?

Ahyis

New

Postby Ahyis » Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:18 pm

There are very few states that you can actually take in conjunction with each other. Since the Florida bar is on Tuesday and Wednesday, (and assuming you need to retake the MBE after such a long time) you'd need to find a state that has its own portion on a Thursday. NJ and MA are on Thursday, and I'm sure there are a couple other ones.

California is a 3-day exam until 2017.

BarTaker

Bronze

Postby BarTaker » Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:12 pm

Ahyis wrote:There are very few states that you can actually take in conjunction with each other. Since the Florida bar is on Tuesday and Wednesday, (and assuming you need to retake the MBE after such a long time) you'd need to find a state that has its own portion on a Thursday. NJ and MA are on Thursday, and I'm sure there are a couple other ones.

California is a 3-day exam until 2017.

I read somewhere that states with own portion on a Thursday are New Jersey, Massachusetts and Wyoming. But if rumors about UBE are true in NJ, I guess they will change their portion to Tuesday maybe. I don't know.

If you'll take the Sunshine State Bar and want a second bar, you can try another sunshine spot... US Virgin Islands. Their own portion is also on Thursday but I don't know how is the Bar exam there.

lacrossebrother

Platinum

Postby lacrossebrother » Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:14 pm

Why would you need to be barred in four states?

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum�