Florida MBE transfer Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Arbinshire

New

Florida MBE transfer

Post by Arbinshire » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:01 pm

What is the reasoning behind Florida's unwillingness to accept MBE scores transferred in, yet willingness to allow the MBE from Florida to transfer out? While not discriminatory on its face, could this be argued to be burdensome as applied against out of staters?

Rationale: I'm from Florida. Took the Colorado bar. Passed. Would like to have a FL bar admission without having to retake the MBE ever again. The MBE slapped me down and I was lucky enough to walk away with a decent score.

lavarman84

Platinum

Re: Florida MBE transfer

Post by lavarman84 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:26 pm

Because Florida lawyers don't want lawyers from other states coming in. You should see the uproar that was caused by the Florida Bar considering reciprocity.

joeyc328

Bronze

Re: Florida MBE transfer

Post by joeyc328 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:55 am

Actual the simple answer to all of this is the fact that people in Florida don't want every retired lawyer hanging their own shingle.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”