New Jersey Bar Exam July 2015 Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
thisguy456

Bronze

New Jersey Bar Exam July 2015

Post by thisguy456 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:32 am

Couldn't find a New Jersey thread, so thought I'd start one.

What did you think? Personally, I bombed two essays (1 morning, 1 afternoon), thought I did well on 2 essays (both morning I think), and maybe did so-so on the rest. With the MBE being a nightmare, I'm pretty worried about my overall score.

Ijustwant2pass

New

Re: New Jersey Bar Exam July 2015

Post by Ijustwant2pass » Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:13 am

Well, the first issue is whether or not you are the only who feels this way. Lol couldn't help it. Honestly, you are not alone, and some ppl who thought it was very easy or a joke probably missed some deceptive essay issues or answers, the exam looked straightforward but there were sim tricky hidden issues, so no one nailed every essay so missing a few will not fail you if you got some issues on them and made up by doing some work on the other essays.

As for the MBE, I have yet to hear anyone feeling great or confident about it. So for all you know you did well enough to pass or maybe even a little better, it's too difficult to tell.

It's a difficult exam and you're supposed to be worried about it, I was confident about the ny exam and iffy on the nj exam and uncertain about the MBE and have no idea what to expect.

I wish I could tell you not to worry or think about it but I'd be a hypocrite. I can't spend more than a few minutes without thinking about the issues I missed or answered incorrectly.

Just know you're not alone, sometimes that helps.

thisguy456

Bronze

Re: New Jersey Bar Exam July 2015

Post by thisguy456 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:48 am

Ijustwant2pass wrote:Well, the first issue is whether or not you are the only who feels this way. Lol couldn't help it. Honestly, you are not alone, and some ppl who thought it was very easy or a joke probably missed some deceptive essay issues or answers, the exam looked straightforward but there were sim tricky hidden issues, so no one nailed every essay so missing a few will not fail you if you got some issues on them and made up by doing some work on the other essays.

As for the MBE, I have yet to hear anyone feeling great or confident about it. So for all you know you did well enough to pass or maybe even a little better, it's too difficult to tell.

It's a difficult exam and you're supposed to be worried about it, I was confident about the ny exam and iffy on the nj exam and uncertain about the MBE and have no idea what to expect.

I wish I could tell you not to worry or think about it but I'd be a hypocrite. I can't spend more than a few minutes without thinking about the issues I missed or answered incorrectly.

Just know you're not alone, sometimes that helps.
Appreciate it. Yeah, figured I wasn't the only one, but didn't see a threat on it and was wondering what people thought. Before the exam I've heard from people who have taken the bar how NJ is generally considered easy, but I always thought the essays were much more difficult to fully answer than, for instance, PA essays. And as mentioned above, two of the essays gave me considerable issues, so just hoping that I made up ground one or two of the other essays (and didn't bomb the MBE).

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”