POST Bar Exam Fun

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
starryski

Bronze

POST Bar Exam Fun

Postby starryski » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:55 am

what are you guys planning on doing? (thought talking about our plans post-bar will help relieve some stress)

Wednesday night i want to get drunk and dance like an idiot. friday go to the beach. saturday is my birthday! :D :D

diowad

New

Re: POST Bar Exam Fun

Postby diowad » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:35 am

Gonna watch some state high school baseball on Thursday afternoon

In two weeks, my parents are taking me to the PGA Championship in Wisconsin as my post-bar vacation

robinhoodOO

Silver

Postby robinhoodOO » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:42 pm

starryski wrote:what are you guys planning on doing? (thought talking about our plans post-bar will help relieve some stress)

Wednesday night i want to get drunk and dance like an idiot. friday go to the beach. saturday is my birthday! :D :D

Wait; you're done Wed? Fuck. You.

No, but seriously: Enjoy!

Leaving immediately from the hellhole that is Sacramento and going to Bend, OR for a week-long vacation to decompress after 2 months of studying.

Happy early-birthday!

sopranorleone

Bronze

Postby sopranorleone » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:43 pm

I still need to plan a bar trip :cry:

941law

Bronze

Postby 941law » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:51 pm

Martha's Vineyard.

robinhoodOO

Silver

Postby robinhoodOO » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:52 pm

941law wrote:Martha's Vineyard.

941law

Bronze

Postby 941law » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:56 pm

I'm told they open up an actual liquor bar at the convention center in Tampa after the Florida exam.

brotherdarkness

Gold

Postby brotherdarkness » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:04 pm

I'm going to be spending the first week or two of August looking for an apartment in LA. After that I'll take a short trip up to Portland, spend some time in Orange County with some of my friends from undergrad, and I'm hoping to squeeze in a camping trip up in Yosemite.

rinkrat19

Diamond

Postby rinkrat19 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:13 pm

Lunch w/ a friend on Thursday, camping Fri-Sun, Hawaii the 2nd week in August.

robinhoodOO

Silver

Postby robinhoodOO » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:14 pm

941law wrote:I'm told they open up an actual liquor bar at the convention center in Tampa after the Florida exam.

Floridians never cease to surprise me

rinkrat19

Diamond

Postby rinkrat19 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:15 pm

robinhoodOO wrote:
941law wrote:I'm told they open up an actual liquor bar at the convention center in Tampa after the Florida exam.

I wouldn't want to drink with other bar-takers. I want to go be with non-law people who won't talk about it.

robinhoodOO

Silver

Postby robinhoodOO » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:17 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:
robinhoodOO wrote:

I wouldn't want to drink with other bar-takers. I want to go be with non-law people who won't talk about it.

^ This.

It's why I made a pact with LS buddies to not say anything afterwards. Just pretend we weren't violated and move on. And the first one to talk will be permanently excommunicated.

starryski

Bronze

Postby starryski » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:20 pm

robinhoodOO wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:
robinhoodOO wrote:

^ This.

It's why I made a pact with LS buddies to not say anything afterwards. Just pretend we weren't violated and move on. And the first one to talk will be permanently excommunicated.

same. my school (aka my testing center) is throwing a party on campus with drinks. im like no thanks. i dont want to hear one word about the exam.

941law

Bronze

Postby 941law » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:25 pm

starryski wrote:
robinhoodOO wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:
robinhoodOO wrote:

^ This.

same. my school (aka my testing center) is throwing a party on campus with drinks. im like no thanks. i dont want to hear one word about the exam.

Your points are taken, but I think grabbing a quick drink literally immediately after wouldn't be too bad. Not an all night thing. Might be the last time you ever see some of these people.

robinhoodOO

Silver

Postby robinhoodOO » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:27 pm

941law wrote:
starryski wrote:
robinhoodOO wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:
robinhoodOO wrote:

^ This.

Your points are taken, but I think grabbing a quick drink literally immediately after wouldn't be too bad. Not an all night thing. Might be the last time you ever see some of these people.

I'm perfectly comfortable pulling one of these if someone talks

joejoe

New

Postby joejoe » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:32 pm

HOM..........interesting fetish.....insert British gingers.........I like this. 8)

Pleasye

Platinum

Postby Pleasye » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:35 pm

Seattle for a wedding this weekend, SD for a girls trip the next weekend, then Puerto Rico and the Caribbean until September. Oh and at some point I need to find an apartment and move. If that doesn't make me forget whatever happens Tues-Thurs I don't know what will.

joejoe

New

Postby joejoe » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:40 pm

This may be feel like a warm hug or the cold hand of death on your shoulder depending on who you are, but I'd hold back on any celebrations if you are in one of the states where over 50% fail. If you are in a state when over 80% pass.......and you don't show up drunk........ celebrations may be more warranted.

I am in the high pass state........but cautious due to knowing I have been "out" for awhile.

Pleasye

Platinum

Postby Pleasye » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:42 pm

joejoe wrote:This may be feel like a warm hug or the cold hand of death on your shoulder depending on who you are, but I'd hold back on any celebrations if you are in one of the states where over 50% fail. If you are in a state when over 80% pass.......and you don't show up drunk........ celebrations may be more warranted.

I am in the high pass state........but cautious due to knowing I have been "out" for awhile.

Get your wet blanket bs out of here.

941law

Bronze

Postby 941law » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:46 pm

joejoe wrote:This may be feel like a warm hug or the cold hand of death on your shoulder depending on who you are, but I'd hold back on any celebrations if you are in one of the states where over 50% fail. If you are in a state when over 80% pass.......and you don't show up drunk........ celebrations may be more warranted.

Lol, they still finished and assumingly worked hard, so a celebration is in order regardless.

joejoe

New

Postby joejoe » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:47 pm

insert that to anything else in life.......sex for example........maybe you are right.......but I wouldn't recommend bragging about it.

rinkrat19

Diamond

Postby rinkrat19 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:48 pm

I'm 80% sure I'm going to fail, but I'm still drinking this weekend.

brotherdarkness

Gold

Postby brotherdarkness » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:49 pm

:roll:

brotherdarkness

Gold

Postby brotherdarkness » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:50 pm

joejoe wrote:insert that to anything else in life.......sex for example........maybe you are right.......but I wouldn't recommend bragging about it.

Celebrating is not bragging you neanderthal.

robinhoodOO

Silver

Postby robinhoodOO » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:50 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:

I'm 80% sure I'm going to fail, but I'm still drinking this weekend.

Fuck; that's the reason I'm drinking this weekend :)

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum�