Retakers Waiting Thread

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
joejoe

New

Retakers Waiting Thread

Postby joejoe » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:46 am

I am licensed in my home state, but retaking out of state for work. Its only been a year, but I still feel nervous about it.
Any other retakers getting ready to retake?

robinhoodOO

Silver

Re: Retakers Waiting Thread

Postby robinhoodOO » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:50 am

joejoe wrote:I am licensed in my home state, but retaking out of state for work. Its only been a year, but I still feel nervous about it.
Any other retakers getting ready to retake?

First-timer here. The anxiety is real--haha
Where are you taking?

joejoe

New

Postby joejoe » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:54 am

Iowa. Tomorrow is just an orientation for me. But then the real test starts. I am lucky and don't have to retake the MBE at least (I had a 150 in that under 3 years ago, so I am exempt from it)

robinhoodOO

Silver

Postby robinhoodOO » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:56 am

joejoe wrote:Iowa. Tomorrow is just an orientation for me. But then the real test starts. I am lucky and don't have to retake the MBE at least (I had a 150 in that under 3 years ago, so I am exempt from it)

Aw; nice. The weight of the MBE of your plate should be a huge boost.

Anyway, I grew up in Iowa and went to UG south of Des Moines. I hear they are traditionally one of the easier bar exams, so hopefully that ways in your favor.

Best of luck!

joejoe

New

Postby joejoe » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:05 am

Thanks man. Where you taking it at? You sitting the whole thing?

I thought Iowa was a real 3 days exam until I found out a full day was "orientation" (never heard of such madness)
and that the MBE was sawed off for past takers

I am glad that I'm not retaking in a real 3 day exam state like CA. That would suck. (sorry in advance if that is your state)

brotherdarkness

Gold

Postby brotherdarkness » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:14 am

joejoe wrote:Thanks man. Where you taking it at? You sitting the whole thing?

I thought Iowa was a real 3 days exam until I found out a full day was "orientation" (never heard of such madness)

I am glad that I'm not retaking in a real 3 day exam state like CA. That would suck. (sorry in advance if that is your state)

Both (s)he and I are taking CA -- at least, that's what I'm assuming based on contributions to the CA Bar thread.

I would be so happy if I walked into the CA Bar on Tuesday to find out that it was a full day "orientation" rather than a full-day buttfucking.

I'm really curious what you think when wrong the first time, and what you did differently this time. Buuuut, I think that will just freak me out, so I'll just say good luck and leave it at that.

joejoe

New

Postby joejoe » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:21 am

Good points on the Orientation being a gift by comparison. I just would prefer to stay in the hotel bar is all I guess. 8)

I actually passed before, but am switching states. On the plus side for you, if you do (god forbid) fail in CA you can transfer the MBE to Iowa even without passing in your home state (it just has to be less than 3 years old). I think it has to be an ABA school though. I know some CA isn't.

diowad

New

Postby diowad » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:36 am

Heyyyo for Iowa here too

Good luck bro

robinhoodOO

Silver

Postby robinhoodOO » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:39 pm

diowad wrote:Heyyyo for Iowa here too

Good luck bro

Good luck to my Iowa brethren/sistren!

And, yes, taking in CA. It's gonna be balls

robinhoodOO

Silver

Postby robinhoodOO » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:40 pm

brotherdarkness wrote:
joejoe wrote:Thanks man. Where you taking it at? You sitting the whole thing?

Both (s)he and I are taking CA -- at least, that's what I'm assuming based on contributions to the CA Bar thread.

I would be so happy if I walked into the CA Bar on Tuesday to find out that it was a full day "orientation" rather than a full-day buttfucking.

I'm really curious what you think when wrong the first time, and what you did differently this time. Buuuut, I think that will just freak me out, so I'll just say good luck and leave it at that.

I've read your posts and I'm fucking confident you've got this

ahduke99

New

Postby ahduke99 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:52 pm

I am licensed in SC, I took NC this week. I went in expecting it to be easier, but the questions were much worse than anything I saw in old exams or the practice material.

So, I can't say I feel good about it. At least NC only makes you wait 4 weeks instead of the 12 SC made me wait last summer.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum�