I HATE MY BOYFRIEND !@#!!@#! Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Good Guy Gaud

Platinum

Re: I HATE MY BOYFRIEND !@#!!@#!

Post by Good Guy Gaud » Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:50 pm

robinhoodOO wrote:
gaagoots wrote:I didn't pass and when results came out he called and rubbed that fail in my face.
Wow. What a dick

robinhoodOO

Silver

Post by robinhoodOO » Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:55 pm

fredfred wrote:
anon sequitur wrote:You should seriously consider dumping someone who does that to you two days before the bar exam. If you've made any significant effort to let him know what a tough time this is for you and how high the stakes are and how much you need to focus, then he's either intentionally sabotaging you, monumentally selfish, or really dumb.
You are assuming she has explained this to him before. Not arguing for him, but we should be aware of both possibilities before crucifying anyone.
Assuming: AKA giving her the benefit of the doubt

El Pollito

Diamond

Post by El Pollito » Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:58 pm

gaagoots wrote:I had the same issue with an exBF . Drama hit day two after MBEs he called and just had to go on and on and make it all about him. He didn't take it with me he took in July. I was tired I wanted to brush up on some other things but he just needed of all nights to be super self absorbed. I did not sleep at all that night and bombed day three.

I finally pulled the plug. I was warned about law school relationships and learned the hard way. Suffice to say it ended and I just had to take time away and really kicked myself during the stressful wait for results thinking dumb dumb dumb why did I engage in that conversation the night before day three. I didn't pass and when results came out he called and rubbed that fail in my face.

I'm now at my testing center, scared to death he may be here on Tuesday. I'm praying he is a creature of habit and is taking it in Pasadena again and not where I am because it would suck to see him. Thankfully there is a proctor here at my testing center who is friends with my dad and a scary son of a bitch if need be haha.

You honestly need to learn from this strangers mistake...cut out the sabotage and focus on passing. Your do-over is coming back like me. I should have known my DB would pull what he pulled on the last bar. He'd break up with me before finals knowing it would mess my head up. Karma is a bitch

Best of luck to you.
this sounds more like an abusive asshole problem than a law school relationship problem

Good Guy Gaud

Platinum

Post by Good Guy Gaud » Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:59 pm

OFS

She needs to drop that sucker

despina

Bronze

Post by despina » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:12 pm

anon sequitur wrote:You should seriously consider dumping someone who does that to you two days before the bar exam. If you've made any significant effort to let him know what a tough time this is for you and how high the stakes are and how much you need to focus, then he's either intentionally sabotaging you, monumentally selfish, or really dumb.
Agreed (assuming, as others have said, that (a) you had a conversation about expectations at the beginning of this nonsense and (b) he's not going through something super serious like death of a parent etc where he actually does need emotional support from you).

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

victortsoi

Bronze

Post by victortsoi » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:14 pm

despina wrote:
Agreed (assuming, as others have said, that (a) you had a conversation about expectations at the beginning of this nonsense and (b) he's not going through something super serious like death of a parent etc where he actually does need emotional support from you).
i think you forgot to list (c) the requirement for bad faith or actual malicious intent, in some jurisdictions.

redblueyellow

Bronze

Post by redblueyellow » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:16 pm

I had this issue previously with a GF.

I sat her down before bar prep and let her know that I'd be relatively unavailable. I told her that I could text her every now and then, but I wasn't going to Skype/call her during the last month. She seemed to get it, but sometimes she'd still get a bit bothersome.

I then told her that if she didn't leave me alone, I'd definitely fail and she'd have to go through this again and next time I'd pretty much just not respond to her.

She hasn't bothered in me in two weeks except late at night before she goes off to sleep.

despina

Bronze

Post by despina » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:20 pm

victortsoi wrote:
despina wrote:
i think you forgot to list (c) the requirement for bad faith or actual malicious intent, in some jurisdictions.
Ha. In my personal jurisdiction, (c) is only required for the first of the three possibilities that anon sequitur lists, but all three offenses are permanent bars from dating me if proved by a preponderance of the evidence. Here I think we're closer to clear and convincing if not BRD.

kyle010723

Silver

Post by kyle010723 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:21 pm

victortsoi wrote:
despina wrote: Agreed (assuming, as others have said, that (a) you had a conversation about expectations at the beginning of this nonsense and (b) he's not going through something super serious like death of a parent etc where he actually does need emotional support from you).
At issue is whether the bf was negligent. Negligent analysis is: (1) duty, (2) breach, (3) causation, and (4) damage

Did the bf owe any duty, if so, what kind of standard? If the bf owed a duty, did he breach the duty? Assuming OP suffered damages, was it caused by bf's breach of duty?

Here, it appeared that causation and damages were established, the remaining question is did bf had a duty and did he breach?

Finally, the question is whether bf had any viable defense?

Alternatively, maybe bf's conduct was intentional, extreme and outrageous...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

despina

Bronze

Post by despina » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:24 pm

redblueyellow wrote:I had this issue previously with a GF.

I sat her down before bar prep and let her know that I'd be relatively unavailable. I told her that I could text her every now and then, but I wasn't going to Skype/call her during the last month. She seemed to get it, but sometimes she'd still get a bit bothersome.
You told your GF you were going AWOL for an entire month? I understand "I can't have long conversations every day, and I don't necessarily text you back within an hour," but no communication for a month would definitely be a dealbreaker... if I were a reasonable girlfriend in similar circumstances...

despina

Bronze

Post by despina » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:25 pm

kyle010723 wrote:the remaining question is did bf had a duty and did he breach?
There's definitely some res ipsa to be had here. There's no "we need to talk" two days before the bar without negligence in there somewhere...

El Pollito

Diamond

Post by El Pollito » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:25 pm

kyle010723 wrote:
victortsoi wrote:
despina wrote: Agreed (assuming, as others have said, that (a) you had a conversation about expectations at the beginning of this nonsense and (b) he's not going through something super serious like death of a parent etc where he actually does need emotional support from you).
At issue is whether the bf was negligent. Negligent analysis is: (1) duty, (2) breach, (3) causation, and (4) damage

Did the bf owe any duty, if so, what kind of standard? If the bf owed a duty, did he breach the duty? Assuming OP suffered damages, was it caused by bf's breach of duty?

Here, it appeared that causation and damages were established, the remaining question is did bf had a duty and did he breach?

Finally, the question is whether bf had any viable defense?

Alternatively, maybe bf's conduct was intentional, extreme and outrageous...
i hope you all fail

TLSModBot

Diamond

Post by TLSModBot » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:26 pm

General PSA for the thread: law jokes are still stupid and unfunny.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

robinhoodOO

Silver

Post by robinhoodOO » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:30 pm

Capitol_Idea wrote:General PSA for the thread: law jokes are still stupid and unfunny.

redblueyellow

Bronze

Post by redblueyellow » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:32 pm

despina wrote:

You told your GF you were going AWOL for an entire month? I understand "I can't have long conversations every day, and I don't necessarily text you back within an hour," but no communication for a month would definitely be a dealbreaker... if I were a reasonable girlfriend in similar circumstances...
No, I would text back during the day, but definitely no phone calls, meeting up, etc. I'm already stressed and underprepared as it is, and if I did anything with the GF, i'd be even more screwed.

If it's late at night before bed, I'd be OK with a quick 2-3 min chat.

But yea, during the day, basically AWOL save for a few texts. She did the same thing during Boards and I was perfectly fine with it.

kyle010723

Silver

Post by kyle010723 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:33 pm

Eh, we're all under a lot of stress. If OP's bf does not understand that, the best course of action is to ignore him for the next few days until after the Bar. Any decision as to their relationship status right now will likely be irrational.

robinhoodOO

Silver

Post by robinhoodOO » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:35 pm

redblueyellow wrote:
despina wrote:

No, I would text back during the day, but definitely no phone calls, meeting up, etc. I'm already stressed and underprepared as it is, and if I did anything with the GF, i'd be even more screwed.

But yea, during the day, basically AWOL save for a few texts. She did the same thing during Boards and I was perfectly fine with it.
You're lucky you don't have kids. My wife still expects me to talk to, hold, and occasionally rock our 1 year old, etc. Outlandish expectations ;)

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

redblueyellow

Bronze

Post by redblueyellow » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:36 pm

robinhoodOO wrote:
redblueyellow wrote:
despina wrote:

You're lucky you don't have kids. My wife still expects me to talk to, hold, and occasionally rock our 1 year old, etc. Outlandish expectations ;)
There's only one option.

I think you know what it is.

robinhoodOO

Silver

Post by robinhoodOO » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:38 pm

redblueyellow wrote:
robinhoodOO wrote:
redblueyellow wrote:
despina wrote:

There's only one option.

I think you know what it is.
It was Robin Hood. In the Kitchen. With the law book.

anon sequitur

Silver

Post by anon sequitur » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:51 pm

fredfred wrote:
anon sequitur wrote: If you've made any significant effort to let him know what a tough time this is for you ...
You are assuming she has explained this to him before. Not arguing for him, but we should be aware of both possibilities before crucifying anyone.
Are you unfamiliar with the word "if"?

Calicakes

Bronze

Post by Calicakes » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:26 pm

Good Guy Gaud wrote:I just tell the wife go make me a sammich then leave me alone.

But I guess she's stuck with me so it's a little different.

I'm so lucky that my wife is extremely supportive, even though its now my 3rd time taking it. She works 10hr days as a police officer, yet comes home and does EVERYTHING( except cook) in the house and goes out of her way to make my life easier. Of course she keeps saying that when I get a job, she can retire. LOL. Yeah, thats not going to happen. Maybe because we're both women, its "easier"? She did say last night that she can't wait until this is over because I've been a little "bitchy".

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Elston Gunn

Gold

Post by Elston Gunn » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:56 pm

redblueyellow wrote:
despina wrote:

What the hell. This is so over the top.

redblueyellow

Bronze

Post by redblueyellow » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:58 pm

Elston Gunn wrote:
redblueyellow wrote:
despina wrote:

What the hell. This is so over the top.
Not when you're working full time.

Elston Gunn

Gold

Post by Elston Gunn » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:00 pm

redblueyellow wrote: Not when you're working full time.
Okay, that is an important additional fact.

941law

Bronze

Post by 941law » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:41 pm

As it turns out, the op is pregnant. At least one test that went positive.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”