barexamoutlines.com (specifically Mass) Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Eng413

New

barexamoutlines.com (specifically Mass)

Post by Eng413 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:30 am

So it's really easy to get MBE material online but much harder to get individual state outlines or flashcards (seriously, why doesn't critical pass make state by state essay flashcards- it's a goldmine waiting to be tapped). Anyway, I found barexamoutlines.com which gave full outlines AND condensed outlines for each specific state. I'm not trying to shit on them, the outlines really seem on point and I would have recommended them. However, I was slacking on trusts and estates so I after glancing through I started here...

"1. Survived by spouse AND issue: spouse takes one half, issue take one half, per capita."

The problem here is that is not correct. According to Mass Gen Laws ch. 190B 2-102(1)(ii) "if all of the surviving descendants are also descendants of the surviving spouse and there is no other descendant of the surviving spouse who survives the intestate, the surviving spouse may take the whole." Therefore, the spouse would take the whole and not split any amount with issue. This was a change to the law in 2012. I emailed barexamoutlines about this and haven't heard back. Yes, I'm aware it's basically buyer/beware but I feel like I can't trust the entire outlines. The rest of the outlines do seem AWESOME especially because it's state by state, but just wanna give a heads up if anyone else is relying on them.

fishy

New

Re: barexamoutlines.com (specifically Mass)

Post by fishy » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:39 am

I don't know anything about baroutlines.com, but I think what they're saying is if the issue isn't from the surviving spouse. Then they split 50-50 (and I think the spouse gets like 10k first or something).

3|ink

Platinum

Re: barexamoutlines.com (specifically Mass)

Post by 3|ink » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:46 pm

I've noticed they get a few state issues wrong here and there, but they are fairly detailed. I am satisfied with my purchase.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”