Moving through MBE Q's too quickly Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Good Guy Gaud

Platinum

Moving through MBE Q's too quickly

Post by Good Guy Gaud » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:02 pm

anyone else have this problem? Any advice on how to slow it down?

michael2015

New

Re: Moving through MBE Q's too quickly

Post by michael2015 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:18 pm

YES!

did the 200 MBE Barbri set in 4 hours instead of 6.

No. I do not have advice. I just want to say you're not alone. What I am trying to do is to spend longer on the questions that I deem 50/50s and try to lean it to 60/40.

michael2015

New

Post by michael2015 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:18 pm

that advice sucked.

No. I dont have advice.

rinkrat19

Diamond

Post by rinkrat19 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:23 pm

I have the same problem. I find that when I move onto the next question, I can take a second and think "did I rush that last one?" and usually am able to answer yes or no pretty honestly. If I rushed it, I go back and re-read it. I actually change my answer a fair bit of the time.

Good Guy Gaud

Platinum

Post by Good Guy Gaud » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:28 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:I have the same problem. I find that when I move onto the next question, I can take a second and think "did I rush that last one?" and usually am able to answer yes or no pretty honestly. If I rushed it, I go back and re-read it. I actually change my answer a fair bit of the time.
I'll try this. Muchas gracias

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

old_soul

Bronze

Post by old_soul » Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:07 pm

Good Guy Gaud wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:I have the same problem. I find that when I move onto the next question, I can take a second and think "did I rush that last one?" and usually am able to answer yes or no pretty honestly. If I rushed it, I go back and re-read it. I actually change my answer a fair bit of the time.
I'll try this. Muchas gracias
Essentially, I try to solve 17-18 qs per 30 mins. If I find that I've solved 20 in the first 30 mins, it gives me a signal to slow down a little. At the same time, I'm aware that certain problems/subjects require more time -- like property. So really, worst case scenario, if you find you have extra time in the end, go back to the longer hypos, or your weaker questions.

duskfall

New

Post by duskfall » Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:40 pm

Circle questions that you were not confident about. When you have time, go back a take your time on them.

On the actual exam, it is normal to finish with 30-40 minutes for each 100 question sets.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”