Did Kaplan spin off PMBR? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
kyle010723

Silver

Did Kaplan spin off PMBR?

Post by kyle010723 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:25 am

Looking for a final MBE prep option and more questions to supplement Barbri. Noticed that many recommended the Kaplan PMBR. However, it appears that Kaplan and PMBR are now two different entities with two different prices (with PMBR being the cheaper of the two). Kaplan you get the 3 day review + Qbank, whereas PMBR you get the 3 day review + the Redbook. Anyone has more insight as to the two?

Charger

Bronze

Re: Did Kaplan spin off PMBR?

Post by Charger » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:49 pm

I'm using PMBR right now. It comes with a 3 or 5-day course (basically an MBE simulation with the remaining days' worth of explanatory lectures), the Qbank, and a physical book of additional questions (not sure if it's called the Redbook, but the cover has some red on in).

I think, but am not sure, that Kaplan acquired PMBR and has been integrating it into their bar review course but has also maintained PMBR as a separate supplemental course for non-Kaplan users.

kyle010723

Silver

Post by kyle010723 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:56 pm

I guess I am trying to decide between these two:

PMBR or Kaplan

Other threads usually refer to "Kaplan PMBR" as if they are just one course.

mwk21

New

Post by mwk21 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:18 pm

A Kaplan rep told me that Kaplan basically looted PMBR, took all of their questions for their QBank and hired all their people and spun off a new company with new people and new questions (this started as of last summer). She told me that if I wanted PMBR, I should sign up for Kaplan's mini review. Does anyone know how accurate that is?

Charger

Bronze

Post by Charger » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:31 pm

My PMBR book has a Kaplan logo on it and came with a Kaplan invoice, and I downloaded the Kaplan app and can access my PMBR stuff through it. But the Qbank is through pmbronline.com. I'm guessing it's basically the same company. Who knows.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”