California Bar Moral Character Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
ringdabell

New

California Bar Moral Character

Post by ringdabell » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:24 pm

Hi. Had mine submitted more than a month ago. Most of my references got the form in a few days therefrom. But some (two I think) references didn't get a form and it's been a few weeks, still no forms. Is this normal? should I contact the bar administration? please help. thanks.

Worker and Parasite

Bronze

Re: California Bar Moral Character

Post by Worker and Parasite » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:56 pm

Not every reference will be sent a form (source my friend who posted the same question to his facebook)

mushybrain

Bronze

Post by mushybrain » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:59 pm

Yes, normal. Some of mine never received the form either and I just got my letter saying I passed a couple weeks ago.

ringdabell

New

Post by ringdabell » Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:13 pm

Thanks. I was getting worried about this. How long does it take for the status to change? My status currently is still that it's under review after having received the paper app.
What should I expect from here? (In-person interview - is there an alternative if you are outside resident)?

mushybrain

Bronze

Post by mushybrain » Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:37 pm

Nothing, unless they need something else. If I recall correctly, I got a letter saying they'd let me know if they needed anything else, and then the next letter was telling me I passed.

I don't have all the letters with me, but I submitted March 1 and was approved June 8. Mine was smooth sailing with no other requests for further info.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

atticus89

New

Post by atticus89 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:06 am

Timing could vary but they'll be in touch if something is wrong. Mine took 6 months to clear and they didn't even contact me to follow up on anything and the references they contacted told me they replied within a day or two.

El Pollito

Diamond

Post by El Pollito » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:36 am

It's normal for CA C&F to take 6 - 9 months.

acronyx

New

Post by acronyx » Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:42 pm

mushybrain wrote:Nothing, unless they need something else. If I recall correctly, I got a letter saying they'd let me know if they needed anything else, and then the next letter was telling me I passed.

I don't have all the letters with me, but I submitted March 1 and was approved June 8. Mine was smooth sailing with no other requests for further info.
Similar -- submitted April 13, approved June 30. So much for 180 days! Maybe we're just extra-moral?

duskfall

New

Post by duskfall » Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:00 pm

Mine took 8 months. June 2014 to February 2015. I had submitted after I got my results for the feb 2014 cal bar.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ringdabell

New

Post by ringdabell » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:55 am

Hello. OP here. Mine literally just got cleared but now what?
Unfortunately, I just moved to another country so not sure what I'm supposed to do to finalize this admission process?
Also will want to go inactive.. Can someone please help me? Thanks a lot!

NorCal2015

New

Post by NorCal2015 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:43 pm

I think Cal Bar administers sworn in ceremony twice a year, but you don't need to be there to get admitted. Go to the Future Lawyers section of the State Bar website and look under Authority to Administer Attorney's Oath. There are instructions on what to do if you are in a foreign country. I also just found out that I got C&F cleared but don't want to wait till December to get admitted.

arizzle

New

Post by arizzle » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:47 am

Anyone who took the Feb 15 exam still waiting on C & F?

I submitted in June. Finally got a letter first week of October that my application has been assigned to an analyst. Just twiddling my thumbs in the mean time.

Debating if it's worth calling or not.

gaagoots

Bronze

Post by gaagoots » Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:06 am

arizzle wrote:Anyone who took the Feb 15 exam still waiting on C & F?

I submitted in June. Finally got a letter first week of October that my application has been assigned to an analyst. Just twiddling my thumbs in the mean time.

After I got the letter assigning me to an analyst in SF, it was done within a month. I expected mine to take longer than 4 months total, because I lived in another country.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

mike.alexander23

Bronze

Post by mike.alexander23 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:52 pm

arizzle wrote:Anyone who took the Feb 15 exam still waiting on C & F?

Yes, definitely get in contact with your analyst. Mine was assigned and I got radio silence for 2 months until I finally called. My analyst said "we've been missing a reference form". It would have been nice if they told me that 2 months earlier!! They'll tell you what you're missing and you can be proactive to completing your app and speeding up the process.

anon3030

New

Post by anon3030 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:12 pm

I'm working on my list of references now. It asks if the reference is a member of a bar, and I need at least one person that satisfies this requirement. Does it matter if the person's membership is inactive? The person is one of my professors.

tilly

New

Post by tilly » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:34 pm

acronyx wrote:
mushybrain wrote:Nothing, unless they need something else. If I recall correctly, I got a letter saying they'd let me know if they needed anything else, and then the next letter was telling me I passed.

Similar -- submitted April 13, approved June 30. So much for 180 days! Maybe we're just extra-moral?
Luck of the draw? My very straight forward application has been pending nearly 6 months, but the analyst has not started the review. I got an email months ago that the "initial processing" was complete, so the issue is not delayed references, etc. I wish I knew why some people get approved in 3 months, while others don't even get a chance at review for over 6 months. Seems like basic fairness that they would look at applications in the order received/completed - I understand that applications may take longer to review or approve than others, based on specifics. But I'm not even being given a chance. I have already passed the bar, so I am just waiting and hoping for someone to pick up my file.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”