Sticky Request: Tanicius's Guide for Bullshitting Essay Topics

Damage Over Time

Re: Sticky Request: Tanicius's Guide for Bullshitting Essay Topics

Postby Damage Over Time » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:40 pm

jessuf wrote:Just wanted to say that I never took Secured Transactions, Agency, Partnership, and Wills in law school and was really bored by the long outlines provided by my bar prep company. These little primers were perfect for understanding some concepts that seemed hard but are actually pretty simple. Thanks, dude.

+1

I think this thread saved me from disaster, at least on secured transactions

Impishee

Postby Impishee » Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:46 pm

This has been an absolute god-send, thank you.

Could someone verify whether the wills essay re: intestacy issues is applicable for UBE states for specific $$/dollar amounts that a surviving spouse would take? I think for a UBE state, we'd just approach it with those amounts for SS and, for any other issue/heirs, discuss all three per stirpes, per capita with representation, per capita at each generation (unless directed otherwise). Not sure though.

umichman

Postby umichman » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:30 pm

If i could take one thing into the test, it might be your guides.

Tanicius

Postby Tanicius » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:50 am

umichman wrote:If i could take one thing into the test, it might be your guides.

Making them was really what solidified the memorization for me. I encourage anyone who doesn't get this stuff to just write their own swear-word-laden prose outline.

volleyball1327

Postby volleyball1327 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:46 pm

Using this now to study for the 2017 Florida bar exam! This was so helpful to dumb things down. Only wish you could have done this for every subject!! Thanks so much. :D

Samarcan

Postby Samarcan » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:56 pm

I'm not sure if people are still/ever used these, but some things seem off. For example, in the post on secured transactions, the original poster wrote that PMSIs perfect automatically. Isn't that only true for consumer goods? Not sure if there are errors or caveats elsewhere as well...

onlyunholy

Postby onlyunholy » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:29 pm

/\ what he said..

Tanicius

Postby Tanicius » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:16 pm

Don't worry guys. You won't lose an essay score point by getting something small like that wrong. I know in your position it's hard to believe, but the essays are not graded on content almost at all. Three of my six essays on the real thing were horribly off, but I still passed by a large margin. You need structure, the basic isues identified, and polish.

You're at the point in bar studying where you spend an hour double checking notes after getting a single multiple choice question wrong. I once called my dad, a lawyer, at night a week before game day to ask him what his state rule on felony murder merger doctrine was, because I feared my notes from my testing company were wrong about it after two MBE questions gave conflicting answers.

Yep, some of my stuff is almost certainly wrong. It's cool you're able to double check it. But if you're at that level, content is not your problem - confidence and time management could be though. Need to focus on relaxing and not burning out.

elcee1987

Postby elcee1987 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:58 am

Damn. I wish I saw this last night. Would have saved me from some desperately wrong essay answers today. Eh well. At least this made me laugh, you're a god among men.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”