Barbri MBE problem/question/percentile

victortsoi

Barbri MBE problem/question/percentile

Postby victortsoi » Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:40 am

So a weird, disappointing thing has been happening with me re barbri. I'm currently at 23%ile for torts and 20%ile for contracts. Thing is, I did quite well on the initial workshops (like 17 and 19 out of 25, respectively). The thing is, for both of those subjects, I tend to do OK on the first set, bomb the second or third one, and then do above target on the fourth one. I spent hours reviewing my mistakes, and just just want another go at it to raise my %ile. But do we actually have more questions outside of the 6 sets per subject barbri gives us? Thats something I dont get about the software..I feel like i learned my lesson, I want to do more qs...do i have to get adaptibar now? What do i do? I dont want to roil in my angst until we do sets 5 and 6 in a month. what do i do?

myrtlewinston

Re: Barbri MBE problem/question/percentile

Postby myrtlewinston » Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:46 pm

I got extra questions as part of my PSP.

victortsoi

Postby victortsoi » Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:56 pm

yes, but i dont think those questions factor into the %ile, and they usually arent' much, maybe 3-5 questions per subtopic....

TXlawyer17

Postby TXlawyer17 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:51 pm

victortsoi wrote:So a weird, disappointing thing has been happening with me re barbri. I'm currently at 23%ile for torts and 20%ile for contracts. Thing is, I did quite well on the initial workshops (like 17 and 19 out of 25, respectively). The thing is, for both of those subjects, I tend to do OK on the first set, bomb the second or third one, and then do above target on the fourth one. I spent hours reviewing my mistakes, and just just want another go at it to raise my %ile. But do we actually have more questions outside of the 6 sets per subject barbri gives us? Thats something I dont get about the software..I feel like i learned my lesson, I want to do more qs...do i have to get adaptibar now? What do i do? I dont want to roil in my angst until we do sets 5 and 6 in a month. what do i do?

I used Barbri and I think the workshops were easier than the practice sets. Review the black letter law and all the questions - ones you got right and wrong - and practice, practice, practice. Remember though that the actual MBE is quite different from the simulated Barbri questions. I would recommend supplementing with Critical Pass, Emanuel's Strategies and Tactics, and Adaptibar if you can afford it (if you are on a tight budget, Barmax is a good option for real MBE questions).

Kage3212

Postby Kage3212 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:21 pm

victortsoi wrote:So a weird, disappointing thing has been happening with me re barbri. I'm currently at 23%ile for torts and 20%ile for contracts. Thing is, I did quite well on the initial workshops (like 17 and 19 out of 25, respectively). The thing is, for both of those subjects, I tend to do OK on the first set, bomb the second or third one, and then do above target on the fourth one. I spent hours reviewing my mistakes, and just just want another go at it to raise my %ile. But do we actually have more questions outside of the 6 sets per subject barbri gives us? Thats something I dont get about the software..I feel like i learned my lesson, I want to do more qs...do i have to get adaptibar now? What do i do? I dont want to roil in my angst until we do sets 5 and 6 in a month. what do i do?

My friend who just completed the bar gave me a good tip of advice. Bar study is all about what it takes to manage your anxiety to make you feel prepared. If you are stressing about getting another shot at more questions, maybe the cost of Adaptibar/Emmanuel MBE book may be the thing to relieve that angst until you complete the additional question sets. I knew I wanted to practice as much as possible with the MBE, so buying Adaptibar and Emmanuel was just what I needed to put my angst at ease. I am obviously seeing more question variations and different issues than all Barbri students alone (of which I am one) and I think that fact alone has put me at ease.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”