Virginia July 2015 Bar Exam Hangout

User avatar
planQ
Posts: 137
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:00 am

Re: Virginia July 2015 Bar Exam Hangout

Postby planQ » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:31 pm

Passed!!! Thanks TLS!!! THE VBBE SITE STILL COMES UP AS PENDING ON MY WORK COMPUTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WOULD NOT HAVE KNOWN WITHOUT YOU GUYS!

olive16
Posts: 143
Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:13 pm

Re: Virginia July 2015 Bar Exam Hangout

Postby olive16 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:32 pm

For those who passed, and for those who failed, remember these words:

Image

frustrated123
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:37 am

Re: Virginia July 2015 Bar Exam Hangout

Postby frustrated123 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:54 pm

lOVE CHEWBACCA!

dcdarling
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:33 am

Re: Virginia July 2015 Bar Exam Hangout

Postby dcdarling » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:14 pm

I had to make my husband meet me in a park to find out with me, but I PASSED! Thank you, VBBE, I appreciate you not making me nauseous until 4pm today.

weatherswaysme
Posts: 71
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:09 pm

Re: Virginia July 2015 Bar Exam Hangout

Postby weatherswaysme » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:18 pm

I PASSED! Hell yeah.

Litig8r91
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:24 pm

Re: Virginia July 2015 Bar Exam Hangout

Postby Litig8r91 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:34 pm

PASSED!!!! I was shaking so much afterwards....hahaha

LurkerShirker
Posts: 98
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:47 am

Re: Virginia July 2015 Bar Exam Hangout

Postby LurkerShirker » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:46 pm

Liberty and W&L beat UVa, Second straight second place showing by W&L.

Virginia Law Schools:

Liberty University 93.33%
Washington and Lee University 91.49%
University of Virginia 89.58%
William and Mary 88.57%
University of Richmond 81.48%
Regent University 78.95%
George Mason University 77.78%
Appalachian School of Law 63.16%
Last edited by LurkerShirker on Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rustyyoda
Posts: 51
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:01 pm

Re: Virginia July 2015 Bar Exam Hangout

Postby rustyyoda » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:47 pm

Passed!

Anyone else wish we could know our MBE scores? I have to apply to DC for my job and it just seems so ridiculous that they'll send the scores but won't tell us

User avatar
3|ink
Posts: 7331
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:23 pm

Re: Virginia July 2015 Bar Exam Hangout

Postby 3|ink » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:01 pm

rustyyoda wrote:Passed!

Anyone else wish we could know our MBE scores? I have to apply to DC for my job and it just seems so ridiculous that they'll send the scores but won't tell us

Seriously? They're not going to give us our MBE scores? I thought that would be on the mailed notice.

What about our essay scores?

User avatar
planQ
Posts: 137
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:00 am

Re: Virginia July 2015 Bar Exam Hangout

Postby planQ » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:12 pm

Anyone think it is insane that they charge us $30 to even tell us if we have a high enough MBE score to transfer somewhere, and then another $40 to tell the other place we passed?

It literally would take them 2 minutes to do just look on an Excel Sheet!

User avatar
IamIn
Posts: 202
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:04 pm

Re: Virginia July 2015 Bar Exam Hangout

Postby IamIn » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:20 pm

rustyyoda wrote:Passed!

Anyone else wish we could know our MBE scores? I have to apply to DC for my job and it just seems so ridiculous that they'll send the scores but won't tell us


I have to waive in to DC as well, but is it safe to assume that if I've passed, my MBE is at least 133 required for DC? I have no idea...

User avatar
IamIn
Posts: 202
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:04 pm

Re: Virginia July 2015 Bar Exam Hangout

Postby IamIn » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:20 pm

3|ink wrote:
rustyyoda wrote:Passed!

Anyone else wish we could know our MBE scores? I have to apply to DC for my job and it just seems so ridiculous that they'll send the scores but won't tell us

Seriously? They're not going to give us our MBE scores? I thought that would be on the mailed notice.

What about our essay scores?


No scores for those who've passed

rustyyoda
Posts: 51
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:01 pm

Re: Virginia July 2015 Bar Exam Hangout

Postby rustyyoda » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:38 pm

IamIn wrote:
rustyyoda wrote:Passed!

Anyone else wish we could know our MBE scores? I have to apply to DC for my job and it just seems so ridiculous that they'll send the scores but won't tell us


I have to waive in to DC as well, but is it safe to assume that if I've passed, my MBE is at least 133 required for DC? I have no idea...


I'm gonna suck it up and do the $30 advisory request. Better to know that you'll be admitted in DC for $30 than to pay the whole application fee and find out you somehow managed to kill the essays and didn't make a 133 on the MBE...

User avatar
planQ
Posts: 137
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:00 am

Re: Virginia July 2015 Bar Exam Hangout

Postby planQ » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:30 pm

rustyyoda wrote:
IamIn wrote:
rustyyoda wrote:Passed!

Anyone else wish we could know our MBE scores? I have to apply to DC for my job and it just seems so ridiculous that they'll send the scores but won't tell us


I have to waive in to DC as well, but is it safe to assume that if I've passed, my MBE is at least 133 required for DC? I have no idea...


I'm gonna suck it up and do the $30 advisory request. Better to know that you'll be admitted in DC for $30 than to pay the whole application fee and find out you somehow managed to kill the essays and didn't make a 133 on the MBE...



Oh, I am going to do so as well, and it would be one thing if they charged $30 to tell you everywhere you could waive in, but to charge you an extra $30 for every place is nuts!...although now that I think of it, what is the place with the highest MBE requirement, I can just ask if I qualify for that and then know I will pass everywhere else.

Gandalf205
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Virginia July 2015 Bar Exam Hangout

Postby Gandalf205 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:41 pm

Does anyone know when we get our bar numbers? Is it fair to say that we can't sign pleadings until after the oath-swearing ceremony? (which I hope is like the arm-band ceremony in Vikings)

I see that we are licensed to practice as of Oct. 30, 2015, but I'm not sure what that entails exactly.

User avatar
3|ink
Posts: 7331
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:23 pm

Re: Virginia July 2015 Bar Exam Hangout

Postby 3|ink » Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:50 pm

Gandalf205 wrote:I see that we are licensed to practice as of Oct. 30, 2015, but I'm not sure what that entails exactly.

I was wondering the same thing.

User avatar
TheGreatWait
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:10 pm

Re: Virginia July 2015 Bar Exam Hangout

Postby TheGreatWait » Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:23 pm

planQ wrote:
rustyyoda wrote:
IamIn wrote:
rustyyoda wrote:Passed!

Anyone else wish we could know our MBE scores? I have to apply to DC for my job and it just seems so ridiculous that they'll send the scores but won't tell us


I have to waive in to DC as well, but is it safe to assume that if I've passed, my MBE is at least 133 required for DC? I have no idea...


I'm gonna suck it up and do the $30 advisory request. Better to know that you'll be admitted in DC for $30 than to pay the whole application fee and find out you somehow managed to kill the essays and didn't make a 133 on the MBE...



Oh, I am going to do so as well, and it would be one thing if they charged $30 to tell you everywhere you could waive in, but to charge you an extra $30 for every place is nuts!...although now that I think of it, what is the place with the highest MBE requirement, I can just ask if I qualify for that and then know I will pass everywhere else.


Looks like DC 133, Minnesota 145, North Dakota 150. I think those are the only jurisdictions that let you waive in with your MBE score.

Gandalf205
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Virginia July 2015 Bar Exam Hangout

Postby Gandalf205 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:47 am

3|ink wrote:
Gandalf205 wrote:I see that we are licensed to practice as of Oct. 30, 2015, but I'm not sure what that entails exactly.

I was wondering the same thing.


I found this on the Virginia State Bar website. http://www.vsb.org/profguides/FAQ_leos/ ... sFAQs.html. It clarified some things for me.

10. Recent Law School Graduates

What can a recent law school graduate do while waiting for bar admission?

Law school graduation alone does not provide any authority to practice law. The law degree does not change the person’s status as a nonlawyer under the UPRs. As such, the graduate can only work in a law clerk status with all of his work being provided to a lawyer to review, and not directly to clients, opposing counsel or a court. Therefore the graduate cannot give legal advice to any person. The graduate will be deemed a member of the Virginia State Bar and, therefore, able to practice law when they have met all criteria for admission to the bar and the membership staff at the bar has assigned that person a membership number. That bar membership authorizes the person to practice law; however, to appear in court, the lawyer would also need to be properly sworn in.

vabar1stattemtp
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:12 pm

Re: Virginia July 2015 Bar Exam Hangout

Postby vabar1stattemtp » Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:17 pm

Congrats to everyone who passed the exam!! I am going to be a first time taker on Feb., and I was wondering if anyone is recycling their VA commercial materials (preferably barbri since I have used it in the past). I'll be happy to compensate. (Please pm me or let me know so I can pm you). Thank you and once again congratulations!!




Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: lenquin6 and 6 guests