Virginia July 2015 Bar Exam Hangout Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
anon sequitur

Silver

Re: Virginia July 2015 Bar Exam Hangout

Post by anon sequitur » Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:01 pm

gavelsandpearls wrote:The email *clearly* states:

"The Virginia Board of Bar Examiners will be mailing the results of the July 2015 bar exam on October 30, 2015."
Yes, it's quite clear. However, the fact that they will mail them on October 30th doesn't tell us when they will post the results online.

GULCPerson

Bronze

Post by GULCPerson » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:20 pm

anon sequitur wrote:
GULCPerson wrote: They also post online a list of people who passed. I think this is usually timed so that everyone would have received their snail mail results before the site goes live.
I looked at the threads for previous years, the online post seems to be where everyone got the news.
Good to know, thanks. Not sure why I was thinking otherwise.

UVAIce

Bronze

Post by UVAIce » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:49 pm

I really just want to know if I should be studying for February at this point or if I can finally relax. There have been multiple points over that part few months where I have gone from mildly confident to skimming my outlines to keep the material fresh in my mind for February.

Free me from my chains Virginia!

silenttimer

Bronze

Post by silenttimer » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:57 pm

UVAIce wrote:I really just want to know if I should be studying for February at this point or if I can finally relax. There have been multiple points over that part few months where I have gone from mildly confident to skimming my outlines to keep the material fresh in my mind for February.

I used this mental technique when I was waiting for the bar results: My school has a 90%+ pass rate on the bar examn in [such and such jurisdiction], and when was the last time I was the bottom 10% of anything?

UVAIce

Bronze

Post by UVAIce » Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:02 pm

silenttimer wrote:
UVAIce wrote:I really just want to know if I should be studying for February at this point or if I can finally relax. There have been multiple points over that part few months where I have gone from mildly confident to skimming my outlines to keep the material fresh in my mind for February.

I used this mental technique when I was waiting for the bar results: My school has a 90%+ pass rate on the bar examn in [such and such jurisdiction], and when was the last time I was the bottom 10% of anything?
This is legit advice: my main problem is the fact that I had some things going on in my life that did not make this an "ideal" study period for me. The fact is that things probably turned out in my favor, but I have had this ominous feeling the past few months.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

emilybrock1234

New

Post by emilybrock1234 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:41 am

3|ink wrote:The email said that we get the results by snail mail. Does that mean that we only get the results by snail mail?
If you go to the VBBE website, it says this: Provided no one calls to inquire about the results, we anticipate the results will be posted on October 30, 2015.

So, I guess that means they will be online some time on October 30th.

3|ink

Platinum

Post by 3|ink » Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:48 am

emilybrock1234 wrote:
3|ink wrote:The email said that we get the results by snail mail. Does that mean that we only get the results by snail mail?
If you go to the VBBE website, it says this: Provided no one calls to inquire about the results, we anticipate the results will be posted on October 30, 2015.

Yeah. This is why I always figured they'd be posted in 10/30. The email threw me off.

gavelsandpearls

New

Post by gavelsandpearls » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:20 am

3|ink wrote:
emilybrock1234 wrote:

Yeah. This is why I always figured they'd be posted in 10/30. The email threw me off.
I'm imagining it works much like other states. For instance, in NY, you get your results via the website on the day they post, but your results will also come via snail mail, along with (hopefully!) a registration packet and state/local bar information, welcoming, information about swearing-in ceremonies, etc.

rustyyoda

New

Post by rustyyoda » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:37 pm

This is the week gang! Almost there.

Anyone else planning to do nothing but sit in the fetal position on Friday and refresh the page?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

InigoMontoya

New

Post by InigoMontoya » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:36 pm

I want to take the day off, but I'm afraid if I do that I'll go crazy.

I just want the results to come out early, someone to send me a "CONGRATS!!!" text, and move on.

motiontodismizz

New

Post by motiontodismizz » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:28 pm

InigoMontoya wrote:I want to take the day off, but I'm afraid if I do that I'll go crazy.

I just want the results to come out early, someone to send me a "CONGRATS!!!" text, and move on.
I have a feeling it will be Thursday. Don't know why, just do.

Wooglin1423

New

Post by Wooglin1423 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:44 am

rustyyoda wrote:This is the week gang! Almost there.

Anyone else planning to do nothing but sit in the fetal position on Friday and refresh the page?
Yes

Wooglin1423

New

Post by Wooglin1423 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:47 am

So New York was able to grade 11,000 bar exams quicker than Virginia can grade 1,900... Yep, that's a thing. I think there is a zero percent chance they don't already have the results right now.

I think it will be released Friday, because that was the arbitrary day they selected. It adds to the arbitrary & capriciousness of the whole process; gives it that due process flavor.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

rustyyoda

New

Post by rustyyoda » Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:40 pm

Wooglin1423 wrote:So New York was able to grade 11,000 bar exams quicker than Virginia can grade 1,900... Yep, that's a thing. I think there is a zero percent chance they don't already have the results right now.

I think it will be released Friday, because that was the arbitrary day they selected. It adds to the arbitrary & capriciousness of the whole process; gives it that due process flavor.
The look on my face this morning waking up to NY friends posting on facebook that they got their results.... -________-

3|ink

Platinum

Post by 3|ink » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:21 pm

Wooglin1423 wrote:So New York was able to grade 11,000 bar exams quicker than Virginia can grade 1,900... Yep, that's a thing. I think there is a zero percent chance they don't already have the results right now.

TBF, there are probably a lot more attorneys in NY to grade them.

Wooglin1423

New

Post by Wooglin1423 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:06 pm

3|ink wrote:

TBF, there are probably a lot more attorneys in NY to grade them.
Yeah, but working with 11,000 people has some more complexities to it than working with 2,000. It's besides the point though; the story I've always been told is that release dates are delayed because of the volume of people taking the exam. Hence why North Carolina released their results in August, but California does not have theirs until late November. And if the problem is as simple as adding extra-graders, why can't Virginia provide an adequate staff but New York can? Why can't we have staff proportional to theirs? New York was projected to release in mid-November. They came out one month early. How are they able to do 5 times the work in well under the deadline, and why is VA not copying that model?

My theory is, the exams are already finished. What are the odds VA was able to precisely estimate the date by which the exams would be ready for release? Do you really believe there is a conference room full of people right now with their sleeves rolled up sifting through the last 2 dozen stacks of exams, and that they will finally finish tallying the last few points just moments before the buzzer on Friday? I don't. My guess is they are already graded, and have been all week. But VA has a weird phobia for answering the phones ("provided no one call") so I imagine they will release on Friday, after the close of business hours, so they don't have to be inconvenienced with the sound of constant ringing.

It's all just speculation, maybe they really are just that good at making projections. Who the hell knows? I guess it doesn't matter.

anon sequitur

Silver

Post by anon sequitur » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:16 pm

Just gonna go ahead and predict that results will come out tomorrow. That prediction is shaky, but the prediction that I will be checking every 10 minutes is rock-solid.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

UVAIce

Bronze

Post by UVAIce » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:26 pm

anon sequitur wrote:Just gonna go ahead and predict that results will come out tomorrow. That prediction is shaky, but the prediction that I will be checking every 10 minutes is rock-solid.
You certainly won't be the only one. Hopefully you all get great news tomorrow, Friday, or whenever these results post. This guy is certainly going to be a bundle of nerves.

Wooglin1423

New

Post by Wooglin1423 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:26 pm

anon sequitur wrote:Just gonna go ahead and predict that results will come out tomorrow. That prediction is shaky, but the prediction that I will be checking every 10 minutes is rock-solid.
Every ten minutes; I guarantee it.

rustyyoda

New

Post by rustyyoda » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:23 am

From creeping on some older alums of my school, it seems that they've published the results before noon the last couple of years. So I'm gonna check obsessively until noon and then give up on today and get some actual work done.

But I still realistically think they're going to stick to tomorrow.

motiontodismizz

New

Post by motiontodismizz » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:27 am

rustyyoda wrote:From creeping on some older alums of my school, it seems that they've published the results before noon the last couple of years. So I'm gonna check obsessively until noon and then give up on today and get some actual work done.

The website isn't refreshing very quickly. :?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

InigoMontoya

New

Post by InigoMontoya » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:41 am

motiontodismizz wrote:
rustyyoda wrote:From creeping on some older alums of my school, it seems that they've published the results before noon the last couple of years. So I'm gonna check obsessively until noon and then give up on today and get some actual work done.

The website isn't refreshing very quickly. :?
Came here to say the same thing. Everyone else stop refreshing so much so I can refresh better.

frustrated123

New

Post by frustrated123 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:42 am

I wonder...maybe the results will be in the mail today.

motiontodismizz

New

Post by motiontodismizz » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:45 am

frustrated123 wrote:I wonder...maybe the results will be in the mail today.
Someone break the news here first. I need a warning.

frustrated123

New

Post by frustrated123 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:49 am

motiontodismizz wrote:
frustrated123 wrote:I wonder...maybe the results will be in the mail today.
Someone break the news here first. I need a warning.
I'm going to go check my PO Box in 30 mins

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”