Adaptibar

gaagoots
Posts: 212
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:01 am

Re: Adaptibar

Postby gaagoots » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:06 pm

.
Last edited by gaagoots on Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kage3212
Posts: 340
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:34 am

Re: Adaptibar

Postby Kage3212 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:31 pm

gaagoots wrote:
Lacepiece23 wrote:
Calicakes wrote:I have personally not seen any questions from the 2013 exam I took. I wonder how old these questions are because I remember when I took the bar in Feb 2013 and Feb 2015 that those seemed a hell of a lot harder than these do( except for the Civ Pro)


How were the civ pro questions in February? Haven't really found anyone that can shed light on that yet. Easier than adaptibar? Harder than Barbri--which are pretty easy?


Feb totally different than Adaptibar. Real ones are very much in line with evidence, in that the fact patterns and answer choices are short and brief. I see the Adaptibar bar ones and they are a fricken manifesto, my clock just whizzes away as I read all of them. I gave up at 51% tried again and shot down to 48%. Honestly I did all 6 sets of Civ Pro for BarBri and didn't feel so stupid. So I'd say slightly above BarBri. It helps on the real thing to diagram in the MBE booklet when you have parties from various states.


gagoots, how would you say the difficulty of Adaptibar questions are relative to the actual exam? Have you found Adaptibar significantly easier?

victortsoi
Posts: 448
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:51 pm

Re: Adaptibar

Postby victortsoi » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:47 pm

Kage3212 wrote:
gaagoots wrote:
Lacepiece23 wrote:
Calicakes wrote:I have personally not seen any questions from the 2013 exam I took. I wonder how old these questions are because I remember when I took the bar in Feb 2013 and Feb 2015 that those seemed a hell of a lot harder than these do( except for the Civ Pro)


How were the civ pro questions in February? Haven't really found anyone that can shed light on that yet. Easier than adaptibar? Harder than Barbri--which are pretty easy?


Feb totally different than Adaptibar. Real ones are very much in line with evidence, in that the fact patterns and answer choices are short and brief. I see the Adaptibar bar ones and they are a fricken manifesto, my clock just whizzes away as I read all of them. I gave up at 51% tried again and shot down to 48%. Honestly I did all 6 sets of Civ Pro for BarBri and didn't feel so stupid. So I'd say slightly above BarBri. It helps on the real thing to diagram in the MBE booklet when you have parties from various states.


gagoots, how would you say the difficulty of Adaptibar questions are relative to the actual exam? Have you found Adaptibar significantly easier?


yes gagoots please answer us oh knowledgeable one!

gaagoots
Posts: 212
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:01 am

Re: Adaptibar

Postby gaagoots » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:47 pm

.
Last edited by gaagoots on Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

doubltall
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:20 pm

Re: Adaptibar

Postby doubltall » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:01 am

The FU$#%#ING Adaptibar Civ Pro questions are insane. Walls of text that are hard to follow, filled with typographical errors, and wildly unfair answer choices. The "Student Responses" prove that I'm not alone in getting duped time after time by an attractive answer choice (I just missed a Q where 65% of other students picked, too) and it's pissing me off!

Should I just skip/pass on Civ Pro questions in this final weekend, read outlines and review flash cards and cross my fingers?
Last edited by doubltall on Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Danger Zone
Posts: 7303
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:36 am

Re: Adaptibar

Postby Danger Zone » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:03 am

doubltall wrote:The FU$#%#ING Adaptibar Civ Pro questions are insane. Walls of text that are hard to follow, filled with typographical errors, and wildly unfair answer choices. The "Student Responses" prove that I'm not alone in getting duped time after time by an attractive answer choice, and it's pissing me off!

Go to sleep

Hit it hard tomorrow

Shake it off

victortsoi
Posts: 448
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:51 pm

Re: Adaptibar

Postby victortsoi » Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:14 am

gaagoots wrote:
Kage3212 wrote:
gaagoots wrote:
Lacepiece23 wrote:
Calicakes wrote:I have personally not seen any questions from the 2013 exam I took. I wonder how old these questions are because I remember when I took the bar in Feb 2013 and Feb 2015 that those seemed a hell of a lot harder than these do( except for the Civ Pro)


How were the civ pro questions in February? Haven't really found anyone that can shed light on that yet. Easier than adaptibar? Harder than Barbri--which are pretty easy?


Feb totally different than Adaptibar. Real ones are very much in line with evidence, in that the fact patterns and answer choices are short and brief. I see the Adaptibar bar ones and they are a fricken manifesto, my clock just whizzes away as I read all of them. I gave up at 51% tried again and shot down to 48%. Honestly I did all 6 sets of Civ Pro for BarBri and didn't feel so stupid. So I'd say slightly above BarBri. It helps on the real thing to diagram in the MBE booklet when you have parties from various states.


gagoots, how would you say the difficulty of Adaptibar questions are relative to the actual exam? Have you found Adaptibar significantly easier?


I found them very similar. You are not at all surprised, like the MPRE.

I'm embarrassed to share how many Adaptibar questions I've done but I know I've done enough to see 3-4 different questions reworded to ask the same thing. That is what happens on the real MBE so you won't feel blindsided. The real one has some gimmies and they help you combat the long ones in RP or contracts.

As for the OPM exams those gave me a major false sense of confidence, I scored in the high 80's and a 90 and I flew threw those in an hour and a half. The real one has a good mix of easy, or "oh yeah I read that case in contracts" to "what the hell". You no longer see the ones with Roman numerals (god I hate those) or the one that asks which case..hate those too.

Hope that helps and doesn't violate some Chapter 6 violation they drone on and on about each morning


im sorry, OPM?

gaagoots
Posts: 212
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:01 am

Re: Adaptibar

Postby gaagoots » Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:23 am

.
Last edited by gaagoots on Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

victortsoi
Posts: 448
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:51 pm

Re: Adaptibar

Postby victortsoi » Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:25 am

gaagoots wrote:
victortsoi wrote:
gaagoots wrote:
Kage3212 wrote:
gaagoots wrote:
Lacepiece23 wrote:
Calicakes wrote:I have personally not seen any questions from the 2013 exam I took. I wonder how old these questions are because I remember when I took the bar in Feb 2013 and Feb 2015 that those seemed a hell of a lot harder than these do( except for the Civ Pro)


How were the civ pro questions in February? Haven't really found anyone that can shed light on that yet. Easier than adaptibar? Harder than Barbri--which are pretty easy?


Feb totally different than Adaptibar. Real ones are very much in line with evidence, in that the fact patterns and answer choices are short and brief. I see the Adaptibar bar ones and they are a fricken manifesto, my clock just whizzes away as I read all of them. I gave up at 51% tried again and shot down to 48%. Honestly I did all 6 sets of Civ Pro for BarBri and didn't feel so stupid. So I'd say slightly above BarBri. It helps on the real thing to diagram in the MBE booklet when you have parties from various states.


gagoots, how would you say the difficulty of Adaptibar questions are relative to the actual exam? Have you found Adaptibar significantly easier?


I found them very similar. You are not at all surprised, like the MPRE.

I'm embarrassed to share how many Adaptibar questions I've done but I know I've done enough to see 3-4 different questions reworded to ask the same thing. That is what happens on the real MBE so you won't feel blindsided. The real one has some gimmies and they help you combat the long ones in RP or contracts.

As for the OPM exams those gave me a major false sense of confidence, I scored in the high 80's and a 90 and I flew threw those in an hour and a half. The real one has a good mix of easy, or "oh yeah I read that case in contracts" to "what the hell". You no longer see the ones with Roman numerals (god I hate those) or the one that asks which case..hate those too.

Hope that helps and doesn't violate some Chapter 6 violation they drone on and on about each morning


im sorry, OPM?


Sorry that should be OPE, online practice exams. I do a lot of Federal Pension divisions and use OPM a lot when drafting the language. It's kind of stuck in my head.


well, the last 500 questions for me have been in the 70s. I havent done an actual full exam. Think I'm OK?

gaagoots
Posts: 212
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:01 am

Re: Adaptibar

Postby gaagoots » Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:11 pm

.
Last edited by gaagoots on Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

trustmouse83
Posts: 149
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:56 pm

Re: Adaptibar

Postby trustmouse83 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:25 pm

Just got 73% in the 2013 practice exam.
I really found that by far the most difficult of all the tests.

jamesm722
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:21 pm

Re: Adaptibar

Postby jamesm722 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:30 pm

trustmouse83 wrote:Just got 73% in the 2013 practice exam.
I really found that by far the most difficult of all the tests.


I think they're really all about the same. My score were all within 3-/+ for all 4. It definitely was worded slightly differently, but the same difficulty.

trustmouse83
Posts: 149
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:56 pm

Re: Adaptibar

Postby trustmouse83 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:11 am

doubltall wrote:The FU$#%#ING Adaptibar Civ Pro questions are insane. Walls of text that are hard to follow, filled with typographical errors, and wildly unfair answer choices. The "Student Responses" prove that I'm not alone in getting duped time after time by an attractive answer choice (I just missed a Q where 65% of other students picked, too) and it's pissing me off!

Should I just skip/pass on Civ Pro questions in this final weekend, read outlines and review flash cards and cross my fingers?


That is essentially my plan. I have a long and a short outline for Civ Pro, and I plan to read each through once before the test.I only did 50 or so adaptibar civ pro q's becuase they are just ridiculous.

It is what it is.

trustmouse83
Posts: 149
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:56 pm

Re: Adaptibar

Postby trustmouse83 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:57 am

I think i'm going to tap out of Adaptibar after today. I did a final 30 question custom exam, and scored 83%. Without Civ Pro of course.

So long Adaptibar, it's been fun.

NY_Sea
Posts: 286
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:25 pm

Re: Adaptibar

Postby NY_Sea » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:34 pm

Hey, sorry to revive a really old thread, but I'm retaking in Feb (failed NY by 10 in July... Ugh) and the MBE was definitely my achilles heel the first go around (126). I'd like to know what people thought about this after most states have gotten results back.

Thanks in advance!

User avatar
BuenAbogado
Posts: 238
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:43 pm

Re: Adaptibar

Postby BuenAbogado » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:45 pm

NY_Sea wrote:Hey, sorry to revive a really old thread, but I'm retaking in Feb (failed NY by 10 in July... Ugh) and the MBE was definitely my achilles heel the first go around (126). I'd like to know what people thought about this after most states have gotten results back.

Thanks in advance!


I took once without adaptibar using just themis and did horribly on MBE, then took adaptibar and scored very solid above average AND felt a lot more comfy on the MBE. It really made a difference. The app is great, the statistics are great, the comparison in your score to people in your state and the country in general is helpful, and most of all, you're getting real questions.

If you want a $50 coupon for Adaptibar, send me a message with your email address




Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests