Kaplan Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

gregfootball2001

Re: Kaplan Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby gregfootball2001 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:06 pm

Geaux12 wrote:
gregfootball2001 wrote:Is there a place online where I can download finished versions of the bar notes for the lectures? I like following along, and I like having them on my computer, but sometimes I feel like I'm just writing things down and not really listening.

I'd also love to see if this is available

And btw, my rep just responded to my email - completed bar notes are not available through Kaplan.

odoylerulez

Postby odoylerulez » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:09 pm

cmartin5970 wrote:So I am caught up as far as lectures go, and have done 700 MBE and gotten 67% correct so far. Is this comfortable or should I be pushing myself harder?

You're fine. 67% is pretty solid for only having done 700 questions. Keep up the good work and you'll be just fine -- you can probably autopass based on your MBE if you keep that pace through the exam. A lot (maybe even the majority) of testtakers are probably in the 50-60% range right now.

EZ as AsDf

Postby EZ as AsDf » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:11 pm

gregfootball2001 wrote:
Geaux12 wrote:
gregfootball2001 wrote:Is there a place online where I can download finished versions of the bar notes for the lectures? I like following along, and I like having them on my computer, but sometimes I feel like I'm just writing things down and not really listening.

I'd also love to see if this is available

And btw, my rep just responded to my email - completed bar notes are not available through Kaplan.

If you find someone willing to share can you include me in a DM. It would definitely be helpful to sit through the lecture without worrying about the blanks.

EZ as AsDf

Postby EZ as AsDf » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:14 pm

For MBEs, do you guys map out the question or write anything down? What text do you circle or underline? An average length question takes me about 1:20 to read, leaving me about a half minute to reason out the question. Any advice on getting through these faster?

despina

Postby despina » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:14 pm

I have done 362 Qbank questions, 69% right so far. I'm 5 days behind on the lectures. The person with 700 Qs / 67% / caught up on lecture should be fine. Has to be fine because I'm not allowing myself to even come close to panicking yet. :?

EZ as AsDf wrote:For MBEs, do you guys map out the question or write anything down? What text do you circle or underline? An average length question takes me about 1:20 to read, leaving me about a half minute to reason out the question. Any advice on getting through these faster?

I try to first look to the call to figure out what type of question it is (obviously this only sometimes works). For civ pro questions involving any kind of jurisdiction I always map it out (write down P v D, any other parties and where they fit, location of event, location of suit, everybody's citizenship, amount in controversy). I'm not usually writing anything down for other questions, other than occasionally mapping out complex evidence questions (are we in criminal / civil, where in the litigation are we, who is offering the statement, what are we trying to prove...).

smaug

Postby smaug » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:17 pm

yeah i think we're all doing about the same/in the same ballpark

72% on 500 MCQs, caught up on videos but haven't don't much with the essays (i've only outlined them, never written one)

doing the midterm today and expect to do poorly on it, though (i'm posting this half way and i've been guessing a lot)

anjmissy

Postby anjmissy » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:50 pm

I hate how I will do so well on an essay subject but on the mbe bomb it..did the midterm today and got 46% right for contracts, but overall 70%..I hate the formation questions

orangecup

Postby orangecup » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:10 pm

Got 65% on the midterm. Was expecting around that.

Found myself narrowing it down to 2 choices quite often, but not remembering the granularity of the law to pick the final choice with authority.

Also, titles in RP are the worst. Got destroyed. Was basically just guessing.

Geaux12

Postby Geaux12 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:31 pm

Yall are murdering this schedule. I'm still days behind. Bitching about it on TLS is therapeutic, though.

westphillybandr

Postby westphillybandr » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:16 pm

anjmissy wrote:I hate how I will do so well on an essay subject but on the mbe bomb it..did the midterm today and got 46% right for contracts, but overall 70%..I hate the formation questions

the formation questions are not going well for me

despina

Postby despina » Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:01 am

westphillybandr wrote:
anjmissy wrote:I hate how I will do so well on an essay subject but on the mbe bomb it..did the midterm today and got 46% right for contracts, but overall 70%..I hate the formation questions

the formation questions are not going well for me

Formation is a disaster.

shn823

Postby shn823 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:46 pm

Hey, if anybody is interested in Adaptibar, I have a $50 off code. Code: KTJY

Geaux12

Postby Geaux12 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:29 pm

If I'm significantly behind (i.e., still need to cover Civ Pro & Con Law) by the scheduled date of the midterm MBE, should I just take it anyway, or delay it until I've actually covered those topics?

despina

Postby despina » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:35 pm

Geaux12 wrote:If I'm significantly behind (i.e., still need to cover Civ Pro & Con Law) by the scheduled date of the midterm MBE, should I just take it anyway, or delay it until I've actually covered those topics?

I think the different states have the topics in different order, so it will be hard to tell how far behind you are with just this info.

That said, I am still about five days behind, and emailed our local rep with that question yesterday. Have not received a response yet. If I don't hear back, I'm planning on taking the mid-term on Thursday, so there would be three days of material in a single subject that I was supposed to cover before the MBE that I won't have seen yet.

Geaux12

Postby Geaux12 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:30 pm

despina wrote:
Geaux12 wrote:If I'm significantly behind (i.e., still need to cover Civ Pro & Con Law) by the scheduled date of the midterm MBE, should I just take it anyway, or delay it until I've actually covered those topics?

I think the different states have the topics in different order, so it will be hard to tell how far behind you are with just this info.

That said, I am still about five days behind, and emailed our local rep with that question yesterday. Have not received a response yet. If I don't hear back, I'm planning on taking the mid-term on Thursday, so there would be three days of material in a single subject that I was supposed to cover before the MBE that I won't have seen yet.

I'm 6 days behind - I wasn't including the state sections for purposes of getting ready for the MBE (maybe that isn't a good idea?). Two days of Civ Pro (really need to refresh on FL Civ Pro too...), two days of Con Law, one day of FL Con Law, and I still haven't done one day of FL Crim Pro.

Let me know what your rep says. Ours is awful at returning emails.

despina

Postby despina » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:22 pm

Finally got to the 4.5 hour crim lecture... why all the hate? Thought he was pretty clear even at 2x speed, and I'm a sucker for a good inspirational speech.

gregfootball2001

Postby gregfootball2001 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:32 am

I'm right with you (started Civ yesterday), and I don't plan on taking the midterm until I'm done with the MBE topics. Seems to me that the point of the midterm is to see how we've retained all the MBE stuff, and not having done a topic yet will make the score meaningless.

LAW813FL

Postby LAW813FL » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:20 am

Geaux12 wrote:
despina wrote:

I'm 6 days behind - I wasn't including the state sections for purposes of getting ready for the MBE (maybe that isn't a good idea?). Two days of Civ Pro (really need to refresh on FL Civ Pro too...), two days of Con Law, one day of FL Con Law, and I still haven't done one day of FL Crim Pro.

Amit seems to be alright at getting back to me.you must still have Property to do also right?

Geaux12

Postby Geaux12 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:00 am

LAW813FL wrote:
Geaux12 wrote:
despina wrote:

Amit seems to be alright at getting back to me.you must still have Property to do also right?

Amit seems legit. I have Anna.

I'm caught up with Property (well, I will be after today) - after finishing fed crim pro I just moved ahead to property because...I don't know why. I'm guessing you're all caught up? I'm kinda unsure what to do.

LAW813FL

Postby LAW813FL » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:37 pm

Geaux12 wrote:
LAW813FL wrote:
Geaux12 wrote:
despina wrote:

Amit seems legit. I have Anna.

I'm caught up with Property (well, I will be after today) - after finishing fed crim pro I just moved ahead to property because...I don't know why. I'm guessing you're all caught up? I'm kinda unsure what to do.

Well we get a few days off after the mid-term...maybe if you could still wrap up the mid term before July you'd be caught up. I really doubt its going to take 3 days to review the mid-term so I think that would be an easy place to catch up.

despina

Postby despina » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:47 pm

LAW813FL wrote:Well we get a few days off after the mid-term...maybe if you could still wrap up the mid term before July you'd be caught up. I really doubt its going to take 3 days to review the mid-term so I think that would be an easy place to catch up.

Damn, my schedule only has one day off after the midterm.

Florence Night

Postby Florence Night » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:29 pm

despina wrote:
LAW813FL wrote:Well we get a few days off after the mid-term...maybe if you could still wrap up the mid term before July you'd be caught up. I really doubt its going to take 3 days to review the mid-term so I think that would be an easy place to catch up.

Is anyone else just skipping MPT stuff for now?
Last edited by Florence Night on Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gabewatch

Postby gabewatch » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:49 pm

Florence Night wrote:
despina wrote:

3 days? Which state is that. NY had 1.

odoylerulez

Postby odoylerulez » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:52 pm

Florence Night wrote:
despina wrote:

Is anyone else just skipping MPT stuff for now?

I'm not doing MPT stuff. I don't see the point of doing much for it. I just watched the workshop video, and I'll probably do 2-3 practice problems just to familiarize myself with the format and I'll wing it from there. May skim over some of the formatting suggestions in the workbook the day before the exam or something.

MG95

Postby MG95 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:22 pm

Last edited by MG95 on Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”