Kaplan Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
LAW813FL

Bronze

Re: Kaplan Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Post by LAW813FL » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:38 pm

Arbinshire wrote:
CurryWithTheShot wrote:I'll be licensed!! :D :D :D

Is this feeling too good to be true or is this actually possible people!?
It is one of the classic stages of postBarExamItis. A few days from now, you'll remember those questions you guessed on, weren't sure of, the issues you could've elaborated on, or realizing that you didn't follow the MPT directions exactly. Compounding that realization is that there are a lot of people who did all the previous stuff better and then you mix that realization with the fact that the exam graders are harsh and rarely give out perfect scores. Moreover, the scores they give out generally are clustered around a median. Suddenly you'll realize that given the current trending performance curves, and NCBEX's predictions that the pass rate is going to go further down, and well .. that confidence passes away and is replaced with a terror that will rise to an incredible crescendo leading up to the days of the score releases.
Very uplifting

sd5289

Gold

Post by sd5289 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:05 am

Arbinshire wrote:
CurryWithTheShot wrote:I'll be licensed!! :D :D :D

Is this feeling too good to be true or is this actually possible people!?
It is one of the classic stages of postBarExamItis. A few days from now, you'll remember those questions you guessed on, weren't sure of, the issues you could've elaborated on, or realizing that you didn't follow the MPT directions exactly. Compounding that realization is that there are a lot of people who did all the previous stuff better and then you mix that realization with the fact that the exam graders are harsh and rarely give out perfect scores. Moreover, the scores they give out generally are clustered around a median. Suddenly you'll realize that given the current trending performance curves, and NCBEX's predictions that the pass rate is going to go further down, and well .. that confidence passes away and is replaced with a terror that will rise to an incredible crescendo leading up to the days of the score releases.
This was unnecessary.

a male human

Gold

Post by a male human » Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:22 pm

It's the reminder you need, not what you deserve

EZ as AsDf

New

Post by EZ as AsDf » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:31 am

LAW813FL wrote:
shredderrrrrr wrote:
LAW813FL wrote:
despina wrote:
roguewave19 wrote:What were the instructions for book return, especially the deadline? I lost the sheet that came with the books at the beginning.
Not til December -- they recommend you keep it until results come out... :(

As far as I can tell it looks like they didn't include a return label, which is annoying. I paid the $250 deposit but have to pay to send them back?
If I barely wrote in my books, yall think I can get more than 250 for them? (Assuming, big assumption, that I passed)
Do you mean reselling them to a third party instead of sending them back to Kaplan? I imagine you'd be violating Kaplan's terms if you did that.
Ya that is what I meant but dang I didn't realize that. Im sorry Kaplan, I didn't know I couldn't do that.
But I did know I couldn't do that -Chip

lacrossebrother

Platinum

Post by lacrossebrother » Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:38 pm

Last edited by lacrossebrother on Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

robinhoodOO

Silver

Post by robinhoodOO » Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:43 pm

lacrossebrother wrote:anyone selling Kaplan California materials?
PM me

marthac66

New

Post by marthac66 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:51 am

Anyone selling their Kaplan materials? Specifically after the MBE books. Thanks!

robinhoodOO

Silver

Post by robinhoodOO » Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:34 pm

marthac66 wrote:Anyone selling their Kaplan materials? Specifically after the MBE books. Thanks!
PM me. Guy above only wanted state materials, so I will have MBE books left if you're interested.

fingerscrossedxx

Silver

Post by fingerscrossedxx » Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:35 pm

marthac66 wrote:Anyone selling their Kaplan materials? Specifically after the MBE books. Thanks!
Same, I have MBE Books and State Books if anyone needs them! PM :)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

smaug

Diamond

Post by smaug » Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:06 pm

Ultimately glad I went with Kaplan

cowgirl_bebop

Silver

Post by cowgirl_bebop » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:31 pm

If anyone wants my Kaplan books Im looking to sell them. MBE and NY State stuff.

dat209

New

Post by dat209 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:10 pm

Does anyone have info on how / where / by when we need to return our Kaplan materials to get our deposit back? My sales rep is being incredibly unhelpful right now.

Thanks

Kiwi3891

New

Post by Kiwi3891 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:18 pm

Are we allowed to sell our Kaplan material? Or do we have to return it back? I have Texas Kaplan Material plus MBE books along with CriticalPass flashcards (barely used).

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

houstonlawyer1987

New

Post by houstonlawyer1987 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:27 pm

deleted

queenldy

New

Post by queenldy » Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:41 pm

dat209 wrote:Does anyone have info on how / where / by when we need to return our Kaplan materials to get our deposit back? My sales rep is being incredibly unhelpful right now.

Thanks
All the info was on the piece of paper (shipping slip). I kept the box and every little piece of paper in it the whole time because the disclaimer made it sound like if any of those paper was missing, you were not going to get the money back. So I jammed everything back into large priority mail box and got the refund within a week. If you have lots that paper I think it might be a problem.

dat209

New

Post by dat209 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:44 pm

queenldy wrote:
dat209 wrote:Does anyone have info on how / where / by when we need to return our Kaplan materials to get our deposit back? My sales rep is being incredibly unhelpful right now.

Thanks
All the info was on the piece of paper (shipping slip). I kept the box and every little piece of paper in it the whole time because the disclaimer made it sound like if any of those paper was missing, you were not going to get the money back. So I jammed everything back into large priority mail box and got the refund within a week. If you have lots that paper I think it might be a problem.
Ok, thanks for the info. I'll be checking for that later.

kellyfrost

Platinum

Post by kellyfrost » Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:03 pm

Thanks

This information might be dated because it is a few years old, but when I returned my study material for Kaplan it was a pain in the butt. Two weeks after mailing my books back, I emailed inquiring about when I would receive my refund. The response that I received from them was that they had not yet received my books. I sent them the USPS tracking number and print out showing the books had been delivered. Their response was that they didn't have any record of receiving the books but would look into it. A few days later they responded that they did find the books and would be refunding my credit card. The refund actually showed up on the credit card statement two days later!
Last edited by kellyfrost on Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Yugihoe

Silver

Post by Yugihoe » Sat May 27, 2017 11:25 am

How'd you guys do? Did Kaplan adequately prepare you? Any advice for 2017 Kaplan takers?

a male human

Gold

Post by a male human » Sat May 27, 2017 1:12 pm

CPAn00b wrote:How'd you guys do? Did Kaplan adequately prepare you? Any advice for 2017 Kaplan takers?
I failed using Kaplan my first time (lectures, outlines, exercises and all that). I got used Barbri books the subsequent attempt and passed. I would get a solid outline to get a good understanding of the law, in combination with practice and feedback.

If there's one thing Barbri's good at, it's the way they give you the law.

If you're satisfied with Kaplan so far, no worries, some people like them. Do what's working for you.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”