July 2015 Texas Bar Exam

KTnKT

Re: July 2015 Texas Bar Exam

Postby KTnKT » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:05 pm

OklahomasOK wrote:
Gully1990 wrote:Sooooo what do we think the error meant?

It means absolutely nothing. The ONLY thing you need to keep an eye on is Justice Willet's twitter account. He'll give you about a 5 minute heads up. The result will come out tomorrow. Try to rest.

Agreed. If you look back at previous similar forums they all experienced similar things and had similar thoughts. But the results were released as anticipated- a day prior to the release date roughly between Noon-2PM. Trust Willet.

DueProcessDoWheelies

Postby DueProcessDoWheelies » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:05 pm

OklahomasOK wrote:

It means absolutely nothing. The ONLY thing you need to keep an eye on is Justice Willet's twitter account. He'll give you about a 5 minute heads up. The result will come out tomorrow. Try to rest.

And from personal experience, it's more fun not to do the CRTL + F. Scroll down to see your name.

No way I'm CTRL+F'ing it. That sounds like Russian Roulette.

Gully1990

Postby Gully1990 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:10 pm

The way the results have been nationwide I am guessing passage rate will be in the 70s

mavs1306

Postby mavs1306 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:18 pm

KTnKT wrote:
OklahomasOK wrote:

Agreed. If you look back at previous similar forums they all experienced similar things and had similar thoughts. But the results were released as anticipated- a day prior to the release date roughly between Noon-2PM. Trust Willet.

If form holds, then now we're in the splash zone. Last year The Fierce and Mighty Willett spoketh upon his followers the impending results at 11:18 AM - 5 Nov 2014

BVest

Postby BVest » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:25 pm

FEE wrote:Anybody want to guess what the overall pass rate will be? I've got my money on 67%.

69.30%

texasbarexaminee15

Postby texasbarexaminee15 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:30 pm

LOL!!!! This is good stuff! However, everyone just RELAX! I know its difficult. I feel anxious, afraid, scared, etc. But, there isn't anything we can do at this point.

"Worrying is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere." -Van Wilder :D

ProceedwithFaith

Postby ProceedwithFaith » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:31 pm

I dont have that issue when I log in. It just loads the normal page.

ProceedwithFaith

Postby ProceedwithFaith » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:32 pm

emptyflare wrote:
LittleJohnBull wrote:now I can log in again but reapplication link doesn't take me to a screen saying my account has been closed. It allows me to reapply....

Same here, FWIW

Yeah same with me.

DueProcessDoWheelies

Postby DueProcessDoWheelies » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:33 pm

Gully1990 wrote:The way the results have been nationwide I am guessing passage rate will be in the 70s

I agree. While MBE averages are down, don't forget that the MBE is only 40% on the TBE (thank God). Seriously hoping my essays and procedure/evidence made up for that disaster.

Gully1990

Postby Gully1990 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:34 pm

My friends are coming to my house tomorrow with wine and tequila lol since I am sure it is tomorrow I just have to save my panic and heart attack for tomorrow.

Gully1990

Postby Gully1990 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:36 pm

DueProcessDoWheelies wrote:
Gully1990 wrote:The way the results have been nationwide I am guessing passage rate will be in the 70s

I agree. While MBE averages are down, don't forget that the MBE is only 40% on the TBE (thank God). Seriously hoping my essays and procedure/evidence made up for that disaster.

That's exactly my mentality and I also am hoping my MPT shined lol I need all that I can to disquise my MBE.

BVest

Postby BVest » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:40 pm

Last July was 71.39%. With this year's MBE scores down and Texas scaling to the MBE results, I can't imagine we don't see more than a 1.4% drop.

ProceedwithFaith

Postby ProceedwithFaith » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:43 pm

BVest wrote:

Last July was 71.39%. With this year's MBE scores down and Texas scaling to the MBE results, I can't imagine we don't see more than a 1.4% drop.

I can't afford to be anywhere within or near that drop.

ProceedwithFaith

Postby ProceedwithFaith » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:24 pm

Not that any of us care right now but does anyone know of approx. when selected answers are posted? I see they've already made a column for July '15.

TXLawHopeful15

Postby TXLawHopeful15 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:42 pm

ProceedwithFaith wrote:
BVest wrote:

I can't afford to be anywhere within or near that drop.

Preach...

FEE

Postby FEE » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:45 pm

I bet the person who got the highest score on the exam knows by now that he or she passed: "It was the day before the bar results officially came out, May 2, and I was looking online to see if I had passed when I got a phone call from Scott Brister, who is a justice on the Texas Supreme Court. He said, 'I've got good news and bad news. The good news is you got the highest score on the February bar exam. The bad news is you have to give a very short speech.'"

http://amlawdaily.typepad.com/amlawdail ... susma.html

texasbarexaminee15

Postby texasbarexaminee15 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:00 pm

FEE wrote:I bet the person who got the highest score on the exam knows by now that he or she passed: "It was the day before the bar results officially came out, May 2, and I was looking online to see if I had passed when I got a phone call from Scott Brister, who is a justice on the Texas Supreme Court. He said, 'I've got good news and bad news. The good news is you got the highest score on the February bar exam. The bad news is you have to give a very short speech.'"

Expecting that phone call any second now. . .NOT! :?

Gully1990

Postby Gully1990 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:10 pm

texasbarexaminee15 wrote:
FEE wrote:I bet the person who got the highest score on the exam knows by now that he or she passed: "It was the day before the bar results officially came out, May 2, and I was looking online to see if I had passed when I got a phone call from Scott Brister, who is a justice on the Texas Supreme Court. He said, 'I've got good news and bad news. The good news is you got the highest score on the February bar exam. The bad news is you have to give a very short speech.'"

EXACTLYYY lol Thursday will be my day to see because that phone call will not be for me.

tealeaf23

Postby tealeaf23 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:19 pm

Gully1990 wrote:
texasbarexaminee15 wrote:

EXACTLYYY lol Thursday will be my day to see because that phone call will not be for me.

Same same and even though I logically know this, I'm still freaking out -sigh- So many struggles, so little time.

lawanxiety

Postby lawanxiety » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:55 pm

Tomorrow feels like it will never be here... I feel like a little kid on Christmas in a somewhat dark way...

I just hope that studying for 10+ hours and completing 100% of barbri is enough to pass!

Have y'all ever heard of anyone failing who studied nonstop? I always hear the opposite but just have to ask

LittleJohnBull

Postby LittleJohnBull » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:58 pm

I have the opposite question lol. Success stories of those who studied but life circumstances got in the way or they otherwise had to cram and still passed.

lawanxiety

Postby lawanxiety » Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:01 pm

LittleJohnBull wrote:I have the opposite question lol. Success stories of those who studied but life circumstances got in the way or they otherwise had to cram and still passed.

I have heard many success stories of people like you!!

DueProcessDoWheelies

Postby DueProcessDoWheelies » Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:04 pm

lawanxiety wrote:Tomorrow feels like it will never be here... I feel like a little kid on Christmas in a somewhat dark way...

I just hope that studying for 10+ hours and completing 100% of barbri is enough to pass!

Have y'all ever heard of anyone failing who studied nonstop? I always hear the opposite but just have to ask

Yes. Because you aren't meant to study nonstop. You are supposed to take breaks and relax. Usually the people who study nonstop are frantic and freak out on the exam. They may agonize over MBE questions and not finish or spend too much time on one essay... who knows.

FEE

Postby FEE » Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:05 pm

lawanxiety wrote:Tomorrow feels like it will never be here... I feel like a little kid on Christmas in a somewhat dark way...

You can probably expect a call from Justice Willett letting you know you're the highest scorer any minute now.

lawanxiety

Postby lawanxiety » Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:06 pm

DueProcessDoWheelies wrote:

Yes. Because you aren't meant to study nonstop. You are supposed to take breaks and relax. Usually the people who study nonstop are frantic and freak out on the exam. They may agonize over MBE questions and not finish or spend too much time on one essay... who knows.

Yes true! I just meant on average. I took plenty of breaks and relaxed. Only studied 4 hours on Saturday and Sunday up until July.
Who knows just hoping hard work pays off

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”