July 2015 Texas Bar Exam

texasbarexaminee15

Re: July 2015 Texas Bar Exam

Postby texasbarexaminee15 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:25 pm

ladylawyer1221 wrote:
texasbarexaminee15 wrote:Essentially, the Texas BLE website, has replaced Google as my homepage. This year's MBE is what really has me on pins and needles. Needless to say, I'm still cautiously optimistic. Good luck to everyone! The day is nearly upon us. 72 HOURS and counting. . . :|

!!! seeing "72 hours" just made me have a minor panic attack. 72 hours just sounds so much worse than 3 days. I'M GOING CRAZY

Just remember, this exam does NOT define us. Having said that, I believe most of us will be in a puddle of tears of JOY in less than 72 hours. Positive energy to everyone out there reading this post! :wink:

DueProcessDoWheelies

Postby DueProcessDoWheelies » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:37 pm

texasbarexaminee15 wrote:
ladylawyer1221 wrote:
texasbarexaminee15 wrote:Essentially, the Texas BLE website, has replaced Google as my homepage. This year's MBE is what really has me on pins and needles. Needless to say, I'm still cautiously optimistic. Good luck to everyone! The day is nearly upon us. 72 HOURS and counting. . . :|

!!! seeing "72 hours" just made me have a minor panic attack. 72 hours just sounds so much worse than 3 days. I'M GOING CRAZY

Just remember, this exam does NOT define us. Having said that, I believe most of us will be in a puddle of tears of JOY in less than 72 hours. Positive energy to everyone out there reading this post! :wink:

I feel like I would agree with you but for that terrible MBE. I really feel like I did just fine (or well enough to pass at least) on days 1 and 3. It's seriously just day 2. I still feel AWFUL about that miserable multiple choice debacle.

And damn, i wish they would just tell us already. I have a feeling our fates are already determined, and all they have to do is post.

GeneralGrey

Postby GeneralGrey » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:07 pm

texasbarexaminee15

Postby texasbarexaminee15 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:27 pm

GULP. :oops:

GeneralGrey

Postby GeneralGrey » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:30 pm

GULP. :oops:

Yup. I'm about 85% certain I failed. Got crazy sick the night before the essays. Took the vast majority of my focus just to avoid vomiting all over my laptop, haha. Here's hoping the 15% comes in and I don't have to go through that again.

TxBarTaker09

Postby TxBarTaker09 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:40 pm

Justice Willet, always reliable. 8)

GeneralGrey

Postby GeneralGrey » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:43 pm

TxBarTaker09 wrote:Justice Willet, always reliable. 8)

Thanks for the tip(s)! :)

OklahomasOK

Postby OklahomasOK » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:37 pm

Now that I'm not a part of it, I enjoy the frenzy that follows when he tweets around noon on Thursday that results are coming.

Kiwi3891

Postby Kiwi3891 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:13 pm

OklahomasOK wrote:

Now that I'm not a part of it, I enjoy the frenzy that follows when he tweets around noon on Thursday that results are coming.

Historically around what time in the afternoon does the BLE release the results? The madness has taken a hold!

texasbarexaminee15

Postby texasbarexaminee15 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:18 pm

Kiwi3891 wrote:
OklahomasOK wrote:

Historically around what time in the afternoon does the BLE release the results? The madness has taken a hold!

Typically, between 12:00 p.m.- 2:00 p.m.

Kiwi3891

Postby Kiwi3891 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:35 pm

Kiwi3891 wrote:
OklahomasOK wrote:

That mean lunch will be from 12-1 and i'll block of "meeting" time from 1-2:30 so that no one can call me into a meeting.

OklahomasOK

Postby OklahomasOK » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:53 pm

Kiwi3891 wrote:
OklahomasOK wrote:

Yup. I remember finding out while driving back from lunch.

texasbarexaminee15

Postby texasbarexaminee15 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:01 pm

OklahomasOK wrote:
Kiwi3891 wrote:
OklahomasOK wrote:

Yup. I remember finding out while driving back from lunch.

Remain calm and confident, everyone. We got this! :shock:

TXLawHopeful15

Postby TXLawHopeful15 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:04 pm

DueProcessDoWheelies wrote:
ladylawyer1221 wrote:

I feel like I would agree with you but for that terrible MBE. I really feel like I did just fine (or well enough to pass at least) on days 1 and 3. It's seriously just day 2. I still feel AWFUL about that miserable multiple choice debacle.

And damn, i wish they would just tell us already. I have a feeling our fates are already determined, and all they have to do is post.

I know right!! After this much time, they must already have the list compiled. BTW, does any one know what the median MBE score is this year?? That thing was brutal...pretty sure I bombed it.

BVest

Postby BVest » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:16 pm

ihatethetexasbar wrote:So, I was wondering if there's any truth to something I heard recently. I just got hired, and the office was out at lunch when one of the attorneys said "Oh [the big boss] usually knows bar results by the Monday before results come out, so if you don't hear from him be worried." And then people laughed, and I guess I was just processing what she said and debating internally whether that was a joke that I didn't ask if she was telling the truth. Anyway, could that be true? That a director or partner somehow knows results before they are released? Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I'm pretty on edge this whole week and anything anyone tells/asks me about the bar freaks me out :oops:

Unless you work at BLE or the Supreme Court, this is definitely not the case. If you do, it probably (BLE)/possibly (Supreme Court) is the case.

texasbarexaminee15

Postby texasbarexaminee15 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:35 pm

TXLawHopeful15 wrote:
ladylawyer1221 wrote:

I know right!! After this much time, they must already have the list compiled. BTW, does any one know what the median MBE score is this year?? That thing was brutal...pretty sure I bombed it.

I believe the general consensus is that it was above average in terms of difficulty. Another TLS user has compiled a data set. You can find the thread here: viewtopic.php?f=41&t=253509

I personally found the MBE section to be somewhat difficult. I finished both sections with about 15 minutes to spare. I did have that unusual pattern of consecutive D's. Neways, as for the average, I've heard that it has dropped to a "139.9, down from 141.5 in July 2014." (http://abovethelaw.com/2015/09/as-bar-e ... n-decades/)

Although, obviously, not all jurisdictions had reported when the article was written.

Kiwi3891

Postby Kiwi3891 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:48 pm

TXLawHopeful15 wrote:
ladylawyer1221 wrote:

I believe the general consensus is that it was above average in terms of difficulty. Another TLS user has compiled a data set. You can find the thread here: viewtopic.php?f=41&t=253509

I personally found the MBE section to be somewhat difficult. I finished both sections with about 15 minutes to spare. I did have that unusual pattern of consecutive D's. Neways, as for the average, I've heard that it has dropped to a "139.9, down from 141.5 in July 2014." (http://abovethelaw.com/2015/09/as-bar-e ... n-decades/)

Although, obviously, not all jurisdictions had reported when the article was written.

I did have a string of Ds but maybe around 6-7 straight. I did have a lot of Ds and Bs in the am section. But then again there were multiple test forms. Another person that passed the NY exam said they didn't remember any long strings so I'm sure the test forms can make a difference.

My problem was the pm section which I thought was harder. However, my brain died for a bit when I got super drowsy. It woke up with an hour to left so I went back over my questions I answered while in the haze and changed some answers.

The MPT I think went fairly okay. I hit all the points I wanted to. Last minute I went into to add a sentence but time ran out while in mid-sentence. I'm worried about the spelling though as I didn't have time to spell check. Crim pro sucked. Essays, I missed a sub-part of small estates, was iffy on a subpart of trusts, and I got mechanic lien but didn't know the workings of it and missed the retainagebcompletely. :-S I think rest I felt fairly ok.

Mbe was a black hole of doom...

No point to rehash I know, but y'all are the only ones that understand the stress. Ok I have it off my chest. :-P

texasbarexaminee15

Postby texasbarexaminee15 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:48 pm

Kiwi3891 wrote:
TXLawHopeful15 wrote:
ladylawyer1221 wrote:

I did have a string of Ds but maybe around 6-7 straight. I did have a lot of Ds and Bs in the am section. But then again there were multiple test forms. Another person that passed the NY exam said they didn't remember any long strings so I'm sure the test forms can make a difference.

My problem was the pm section which I thought was harder. However, my brain died for a bit when I got super drowsy. It woke up with an hour to left so I went back over my questions I answered while in the haze and changed some answers.

The MPT I think went fairly okay. I hit all the points I wanted to. Last minute I went into to add a sentence but time ran out while in mid-sentence. I'm worried about the spelling though as I didn't have time to spell check. Crim pro sucked. Essays, I missed a sub-part of small estates, was iffy on a subpart of trusts, and I got mechanic lien but didn't know the workings of it and missed the retainagebcompletely. :-S I think rest I felt fairly ok.

Mbe was a black hole of doom...

No point to rehash I know, but y'all are the only ones that understand the stress. Ok I have it off my chest. :-P

I concur with the abundance of Ds and Bs. For me, both sections presented their own challenges. If i was forced to pick the more difficult section, I would have to say the PM. Either way, its in the past, and like everything in the past, there is nothing we can do now to change it.

With that said, you all are in my thoughts and prayers. I keep saying it, but we got this! Enjoy the finish line!

mavs1306

Postby mavs1306 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:44 am

I already have a job, JD preferred gig. So the results don't really matter now. Guess I'm interested in the results still, just not worried at all now!

tealeaf23

Postby tealeaf23 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:53 am

mavs1306 wrote:I already have a job, JD preferred gig. So the results don't really matter now. Guess I'm interested in the results still, just not worried at all now!

I need to get me one of these JD preferred jobs. Having everything contingent on results has not been good for my anxiety levels :oops:

lawgirl13

Postby lawgirl13 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:27 am

Ugghhh 51 hours or so left...I want it to be here already make the anxiety stop! I'm not even sleeping through the entire night anymore :cry: :cry: :cry:

Kiwi3891

Postby Kiwi3891 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:41 am

lawgirl13 wrote:Ugghhh 51 hours or so left...I want it to be here already make the anxiety stop! I'm not even sleeping through the entire night anymore :cry: :cry: :cry:

Strangely, I've been sleeping like a rock the last couple of days...Watch I just jinxed myself. I think my body is so tired from the anxiety/stress from the layoffs at work and working in animal rescue that the added stress of bar results has put me into shutdown mode at night.

Gully1990

Postby Gully1990 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:03 pm

mavs1306 wrote:I already have a job, JD preferred gig. So the results don't really matter now. Guess I'm interested in the results still, just not worried at all now!

I also have a job that was JD preferred and have been working since August. However, I care about passing because its been too long of a journey to not be an actual Attorney. I make great money now but with that extra status added behind my name I can make so much more.

DueProcessDoWheelies

Postby DueProcessDoWheelies » Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:22 pm

I do as well, but I still really care about my bar passage. Being a licensed attorney will help me with my current job and who knows I'll probably practice at some point

TXLawHopeful15

Postby TXLawHopeful15 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:42 pm

I do as well, but I still really care about my bar passage. Being a licensed attorney will help me with my current job and who knows I'll probably practice at some point

Exactly. I'm in the same position, and REALLY don't want to ever go through the studying and test taking thing ever again. Studying and working full time is no fun...

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”