July 2015 Texas Bar Exam

User avatar
dsb83
Posts: 153
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:57 pm

Re: July 2015 Texas Bar Exam

Postby dsb83 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:43 pm

I got a confirmation from barbri that we DO NOT have to return the purple handouts book.

User avatar
Greenandgold
Posts: 259
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:45 pm

Re: July 2015 Texas Bar Exam

Postby Greenandgold » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:06 pm

dsb83 wrote:For the Texas Barbri folks, do we have to return the purple Texas Handouts book? Not on the list. Would prefer to recycle it, or burn it, and cut down on what I imagine will be be pretty steep shipping costs. Anyone shipped yours yet? How much?


Just shipped mine about an hour ago through USPS for $18 using Media Mail. I know barbri says they want us to use FedEx or UPS, but I was going with the cheapest option. Not really that worried about the books getting lost on the way.

User avatar
dsb83
Posts: 153
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:57 pm

Re: July 2015 Texas Bar Exam

Postby dsb83 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:28 pm

Greenandgold wrote:
dsb83 wrote:For the Texas Barbri folks, do we have to return the purple Texas Handouts book? Not on the list. Would prefer to recycle it, or burn it, and cut down on what I imagine will be be pretty steep shipping costs. Anyone shipped yours yet? How much?


Just shipped mine about an hour ago through USPS for $18 using Media Mail. I know barbri says they want us to use FedEx or UPS, but I was going with the cheapest option. Not really that worried about the books getting lost on the way.


Thanks. I think I'll go that way too.

User avatar
Dash41
Posts: 177
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:35 pm

Re: July 2015 Texas Bar Exam

Postby Dash41 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:35 pm

ebo wrote:If you're freaking out about the MBE, I was in the same boat last year. I felt good about my MBE prep going in, and on the test day I just thought I totally bombed it. Only knew for sure about 1/4 of the questions and felt like I had to go 50/50 on at least half of them. It was a disaster, and I'm not one of those douchebags who thinks I failed every test and then gets an A-minus. I spent three months from August-October trying to calculate how I could pass the bar with a scaled 110 or something atrocious, because I literally thought I could've missed more than half of the questions. I ended up getting a 139 scaled - not great, but above what you need to average to pass. Bottom line- don't freak out about the MBE, everyone thinks it's hard and it's scaled up for a reason.


This is me in a nutshell right now. Exactly. I hope it turns out the same for me as well.

Does anyone know what the average scores are for the MPT, Civ/Crim Pro, and the state essays are?

User avatar
Greenandgold
Posts: 259
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:45 pm

Re: July 2015 Texas Bar Exam

Postby Greenandgold » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:49 pm

Dash41 wrote:
ebo wrote:If you're freaking out about the MBE, I was in the same boat last year. I felt good about my MBE prep going in, and on the test day I just thought I totally bombed it. Only knew for sure about 1/4 of the questions and felt like I had to go 50/50 on at least half of them. It was a disaster, and I'm not one of those douchebags who thinks I failed every test and then gets an A-minus. I spent three months from August-October trying to calculate how I could pass the bar with a scaled 110 or something atrocious, because I literally thought I could've missed more than half of the questions. I ended up getting a 139 scaled - not great, but above what you need to average to pass. Bottom line- don't freak out about the MBE, everyone thinks it's hard and it's scaled up for a reason.


This is me in a nutshell right now. Exactly. I hope it turns out the same for me as well.

Does anyone know what the average scores are for the MPT, Civ/Crim Pro, and the state essays are?


It'll be the exact same as the average score for the MBE, which we should know in about 6 or 7 weeks when the first states begin releasing their results. But it'll be somewhere between 140 and 145 in all likelihood.

Teddy Ruxpin
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:12 pm

Re: July 2015 Texas Bar Exam

Postby Teddy Ruxpin » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:00 pm

Hey Kiwi,

You've got a private message.

As for Question 9: Yikes!

I was a little upset that they didn't give us as many questions where you could tick off 20 rules right off like Negotiable Instruments and such. Those type of questions make you feel good when you're answering them, as you feel like you're getting separation from the bottom. 2 paragraph PLLC answers don't feel quite as satisfying.

tianziwansui
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:27 am

Re: July 2015 Texas Bar Exam

Postby tianziwansui » Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:57 pm

The Ken Paxton situation is giving me Post Bar trauma of previously cramming criminal procedure for Day 1. Lol.

A grand jury in Collin County indicts Ken on third-degree felony charge for failure to register. Ken asks you if he can still have an examining trial. What should you advise Ken? Explain fully.

Lol.

User avatar
Greenandgold
Posts: 259
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:45 pm

Re: July 2015 Texas Bar Exam

Postby Greenandgold » Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:10 am

Mini panic attack thanks to that email.

DalRock
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:14 pm

Re: July 2015 Texas Bar Exam

Postby DalRock » Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:17 am

Greenandgold wrote:Mini panic attack thanks to that email.


Took 07/2015. I could proceed with re-application for 02/2016 in the BLE website. Does this mean I failed?

User avatar
BVest
Posts: 5717
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:51 pm

Re: July 2015 Texas Bar Exam

Postby BVest » Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:21 am

Can anyone tell me what the important information was? I of course don't remember my password, and getting your password wrong too many times (about 4 or 5) locks you out to the point you have to call your examiner.

tianziwansui
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:27 am

Re: July 2015 Texas Bar Exam

Postby tianziwansui » Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:30 am

That they expect the release date to be Friday November 6, 2015. You can also call 512-463-1621 for results on the release date. Fax address changes by October 29, 2015. If reapplying must reapply by November 30, 2015.

User avatar
Greenandgold
Posts: 259
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:45 pm

Re: July 2015 Texas Bar Exam

Postby Greenandgold » Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:31 am

BVest wrote:Can anyone tell me what the important information was? I of course don't remember my password, and getting your password wrong too many times (about 4 or 5) locks you out to the point you have to call your examiner.


It's just telling you to check and make sure your name is spelled correctly, otherwise you have to cover the cost of changing it and getting a new law license.

tealeaf23
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:44 pm

Re: July 2015 Texas Bar Exam

Postby tealeaf23 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:22 pm

I didn't get an email :( I hope that doesn't mean anything ominous

User avatar
unlicensedpotato
Posts: 415
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:16 pm

Re: July 2015 Texas Bar Exam

Postby unlicensedpotato » Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:00 pm

Didn't get an email either.

User avatar
Greenandgold
Posts: 259
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:45 pm

Re: July 2015 Texas Bar Exam

Postby Greenandgold » Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:25 pm

Try logging into your efast accounts. That's all that the email told us to do. Then on our efast accounts there was a new link to something like "unread messages" which downloaded a pdf once we clicked it.

My efast username was my email address, which I'm guessing is the same for everyone else in case you can't remember that part. Unfortunately I can't help if you've forgotten your password. :P

Kiwi3891
Posts: 70
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:39 pm

Re: July 2015 Texas Bar Exam

Postby Kiwi3891 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:38 pm

Greenandgold wrote:Try logging into your efast ac
My efast username was my email address, which I'm guessing is the same for everyone else in case you can't remember that part. Unfortunately I can't help if you've forgotten your password. :P


It might not necessarily be your email. Mine wasn't. And you can do a password reset on your account if you can't remember.

User avatar
unlicensedpotato
Posts: 415
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:16 pm

Re: July 2015 Texas Bar Exam

Postby unlicensedpotato » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:49 am

Greenandgold wrote:Try logging into your efast accounts. That's all that the email told us to do. Then on our efast accounts there was a new link to something like "unread messages" which downloaded a pdf once we clicked it.

My efast username was my email address, which I'm guessing is the same for everyone else in case you can't remember that part. Unfortunately I can't help if you've forgotten your password. :P


Thanks! Mine was not my email address but I was able to guess it and use forgot password. I had received the message once I was logged in, but I may reach out to them to confirm they have the correct email address for me.

TXLawHopeful15
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:27 pm

Re: July 2015 Texas Bar Exam

Postby TXLawHopeful15 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:28 pm

unlicensedpotato wrote:
Greenandgold wrote:Try logging into your efast accounts. That's all that the email told us to do. Then on our efast accounts there was a new link to something like "unread messages" which downloaded a pdf once we clicked it.

My efast username was my email address, which I'm guessing is the same for everyone else in case you can't remember that part. Unfortunately I can't help if you've forgotten your password. :P


Thanks! Mine was not my email address but I was able to guess it and use forgot password. I had received the message once I was logged in, but I may reach out to them to confirm they have the correct email address for me.



I got the email too, was there anyone that didn't?

User avatar
Ajren Robben
Posts: 48
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:51 pm

Re: July 2015 Texas Bar Exam

Postby Ajren Robben » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:46 am

That email was a sick joke. This whole thing does feel like some sort of an initiation ritual.

ExcelBaller
Posts: 91
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:10 pm

Re: July 2015 Texas Bar Exam

Postby ExcelBaller » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:26 pm

Is the MPT and TX P&E scaled?

User avatar
BVest
Posts: 5717
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:51 pm

Re: July 2015 Texas Bar Exam

Postby BVest » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:48 am

ExcelBaller wrote:Is the MPT and TX P&E scaled?


Yes.

TxBarTaker09
Posts: 225
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:57 am

Re: July 2015 Texas Bar Exam

Postby TxBarTaker09 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:01 pm

Just a quick reminder for people, the pass list will highly likely be released Nov. 5th on the BLE website between 1-2 pm. Best of luck to everyone. :D

ladylawyer1221
Posts: 55
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:45 pm

Re: July 2015 Texas Bar Exam

Postby ladylawyer1221 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:47 pm

TxBarTaker09 wrote:Just a quick reminder for people, the pass list will highly likely be released Nov. 5th on the BLE website between 1-2 pm. Best of luck to everyone. :D


*barf*

txrn
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:08 pm

Re: July 2015 Texas Bar Exam

Postby txrn » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:10 pm

ladylawyer1221 wrote:
TxBarTaker09 wrote:Just a quick reminder for people, the pass list will highly likely be released Nov. 5th on the BLE website between 1-2 pm. Best of luck to everyone. :D


*barf*


same :shock:

User avatar
Mactx
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:32 am

Re: July 2015 Texas Bar Exam

Postby Mactx » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:59 pm

txrn wrote:
ladylawyer1221 wrote:
TxBarTaker09 wrote:Just a quick reminder for people, the pass list will highly likely be released Nov. 5th on the BLE website between 1-2 pm. Best of luck to everyone. :D


*barf*


same :shock:



Y'all got that right...




Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSNbot Media and 4 guests